Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 08-31-2011, 04:50 PM   #1
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Prospect Glass Jaw Watch

01. Dominick Cruz- His style says it all. The guy does everything he can to avoid getting hit and when Faber managed to land flush he fell both times. He's talented and athletically gifted which may make him one of the few China Chinned fighters to sit at the top for awhile but make no mistake about it, he's harboring glass in that Mandible.

02. Edson Barboza- Ross Pearson is feather fisted and yet was able to put Barboza on the back foot every time he came forward and landed. When someone with more substantial power lands, this Jaw is getting busted.

03. Jake Shields- Hendo nearly shattered that disgraceful Chin until he gassed and GSP put forth no effort into doing so though it was there for the taking. Shields has no Chin and I think Ellenberger might expose it.

04. Brian Stann- He has no Chin and even Sonnen's pitty-patty GnP might expose it.

05. Evan Dunham- Blue-chip prospect for both his fighting talent AND his despicable Glass Jaw.

06. Michael Bisping- People will make the excuse that "that punch woulda KOed anybody" for his fight with Hendo and for once that vile phrase might be correct. However, he gets nailed with a right hand in most all of his fights and he's always hurt regardless of the quality of the punch or puncher. He will be exposed when the UFC decides to stop hyping him for the UK sheeple who gargle the balls of anyone from their island that's halfway successful.

07. Phil Davis- His safety-first style and seeming panic whenever he's struck leads me to believe he's hiding some china in that Chin. It could be that he's utter trash standing but I get the feeling that this guy has no Chin. None.

08. Chad Mendes- Feather fisted Yahya landed on him a few times and stopped him in his tracks, so I imagine when a legitimate puncher connects he'll be doing the curly toes.

09. Erick Silva- From what I've seen in his early fights from Brazil, this kid has all the talent and none of the Mandibular Fortitude.

10. Jonathan Brookins- This guy has no Chin AND no defense. He's an accident waiting to happen.
MetalMandible is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2011, 04:54 PM   #2
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 117
Default Re: Prospect Glass Jaw Watch

Brian Stann went rock em sock em style against Chris Leben and won takes a pretty decent chin to do that
greathamza is offline  Top
Old 08-31-2011, 04:57 PM   #3
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by greathamza View Post
Brian Stann went rock em sock em style against Chris Leben and won takes a pretty decent chin to do that
No, he didn't, he picked his angles and countered the shit out of him. Leben didn't land shit.
Old 08-31-2011, 05:09 PM   #4
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 08-31-2011, 05:10 PM   #5
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
WTF?
Random?
greathamza is offline  Top
Old 08-31-2011, 05:51 PM   #6
Anarchy99
Babalu will KILL You!
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 441

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMandible View Post
No, he didn't, he picked his angles and countered the shit out of him. Leben didn't land shit.
I don't agree on much with you but your right. Leben didn't land nothing otherwise the "glass jaw" assessment of Stann would've been tested.
Anarchy99 is offline  Top
Old 08-31-2011, 05:55 PM   #7
Ai-edy2007
STOCKTON 209 MOTHER****ER
ESB Addict

i dont exactly know why jake shields and edson barboza are on there they have fought against some of the hardest hitter well, jake shields has anyway dan henderson?
Ai-edy2007 is offline  Top
Old 08-31-2011, 06:37 PM   #8
Ne5ville14
Rationalist by default...
ESB Addict

Ne5ville14 is offline  Top
Old 08-31-2011, 07:05 PM   #9
StillWill
Dr. Eisenfaust
ESB Addict

vCash: 174

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrZGss92GTA&feature=channel_video_title[/ame]
StillWill is offline  Top
Old 08-31-2011, 07:52 PM   #10
rokurota
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

i hope barboza does not have a glass chin.
rokurota is offline  Top
Old 08-31-2011, 11:18 PM   #11
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMandible View Post
01. Dominick Cruz- His style says it all. The guy does everything he can to avoid getting hit and when Faber managed to land flush he fell both times. He's talented and athletically gifted which may make him one of the few China Chinned fighters to sit at the top for awhile but make no mistake about it, he's harboring glass in that Mandible.

02. Edson Barboza- Ross Pearson is feather fisted and yet was able to put Barboza on the back foot every time he came forward and landed. When someone with more substantial power lands, this Jaw is getting busted.

03. Jake Shields- Hendo nearly shattered that disgraceful Chin until he gassed and GSP put forth no effort into doing so though it was there for the taking. Shields has no Chin and I think Ellenberger might expose it.

04. Brian Stann- He has no Chin and even Sonnen's pitty-patty GnP might expose it.

05. Evan Dunham- Blue-chip prospect for both his fighting talent AND his despicable Glass Jaw.

06. Michael Bisping- People will make the excuse that "that punch woulda KOed anybody" for his fight with Hendo and for once that vile phrase might be correct. However, he gets nailed with a right hand in most all of his fights and he's always hurt regardless of the quality of the punch or puncher. He will be exposed when the UFC decides to stop hyping him for the UK sheeple who gargle the balls of anyone from their island that's halfway successful.

07. Phil Davis- His safety-first style and seeming panic whenever he's struck leads me to believe he's hiding some china in that Chin. It could be that he's utter trash standing but I get the feeling that this guy has no Chin. None.

08. Chad Mendes- Feather fisted Yahya landed on him a few times and stopped him in his tracks, so I imagine when a legitimate puncher connects he'll be doing the curly toes.

09. Erick Silva- From what I've seen in his early fights from Brazil, this kid has all the talent and none of the Mandibular Fortitude.

10. Jonathan Brookins- This guy has no Chin AND no defense. He's an accident waiting to happen.
So many of these guys don't have weak chins at all.

I don't think you are an especially effective "chinchecker" on this evidence.

Still, even if you were:

Popkins is offline  Top
Old 08-31-2011, 11:27 PM   #12
jimmie
Champion
East Side Guru

Jake Shields because Henderson hurt him ? WTF are u smoking ? Henderson has KOed Renzo, Wanderlei, Bustamante, Bisping, Babalu, Fedor, Feijao and Gono/Chonan in the same night. Shields ****ing survived it, came back and beat the crap out of Hendo for 20 minutes.
jimmie is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2011, 12:29 AM   #13
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popkins View Post
So many of these guys don't have weak chins at all.

I don't think you are an especially effective "chinchecker" on this evidence.

Still, even if you were:

Well, it won't take long for one of us to be proven wrong on this one, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmie View Post
Jake Shields because Henderson hurt him ? WTF are u smoking ? Henderson has KOed Renzo, Wanderlei, Bustamante, Bisping, Babalu, Fedor, Feijao and Gono/Chonan in the same night. Shields ****ing survived it, came back and beat the crap out of Hendo for 20 minutes.
Hendo nearly knocked him out on the first good punch that landed and everyone else that hits him hurts him, as well. The problem is that Hendo gassed trying to put him out and the rest didn't have the takedown defense to stay upright and finish it to begin with.

He has shaky whiskers. Sorry.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:25 AM   #14
The Spider

vCash:

The best test for a glass jaw is a Maxibon.

Old 09-01-2011, 05:25 AM   #15
PivotPunch
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Jake Shields, really? Hendo can ko anyone in mma Shields has a great chin he survived an overhand right of Hendo he has a great chin. Hendo was able to ko Fedor, not even 280lbs Bigfoot could do that
PivotPunch is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum