Old 09-01-2011, 04:01 PM   #31
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Prospect Glass Jaw Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMandible View Post
Yeah, he is but I didn't know that when I put together that masterpiece. And no, he probably wouldn't do shit to me and you have nothing to base your assumption on, "mate".
Wassamata thimble neck? You scurrrred?
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2011, 04:08 PM   #32
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Let's examine the last Glass Jaw Prospect Watch thread shall we

Quote:

Rivera/Sakara- Grade A certified china is on display on both sides of this tilt so a shattered mandible is certain either way, but I lean towards Sakara picking up a KO win. Rivera not only has a glass jaw but he's also shopworn.
Change of opponent, but Rivera went the distance against a guy who won half his fights by tko. Maybe Sakara hits harder, so you can use that excuse if you want, but you did say Rivera ''has a glass jaw''

0-1

Quote:
Hardy/Lytle- You know Hardy's getting his chin checked in this one and you can base that prediction reliably on one factor; he's British. Add in the fact that he was recently brutally KOed by Condit and was rocked by a blocked head kick against Johnson and I think we can rest assured that we'll see another showing of that traditional English dance, the curly toes convulsion.
Lytle subs Dan after Hardy eats countless hooks to the face

0-2

Quote:
Rua/Griffin- I hesitate to predict a winner in this one because Rua's shaky cardio and mental/physical state after that Jones facerape is hard to ascertain, but if he does win you can be sure that glass jaw Griffin will be unconscious in a sea of shattered porcelain.
In a stroke of genius, MM correctly predicts that the guy who's been ko'ed by Keith Jardine and Jeremy Horn wont go the distance with Shogun. Genius like this cant be bought, any chance of this weeks lotto numbers MM?

1-2

Quote:
Schaub/Nogueira- There's a chinchecker formula for predicting this fight and it goes as follows; VF (Veteran Fighter)-PR (Punch Resistance)+P (Puncher)= SGJ (Shattered Glass Jaw). Bank on it.
Guess that formula is wrong as the veteran pulls out the win

So in your last thread you are 1-3

Cue the excuses, but you suck at Chinchecking

It's irrefutable
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2011, 04:18 PM   #33
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post

Change of opponent, but Rivera went the distance against a guy who won half his fights by tko. Maybe Sakara hits harder, so you can use that excuse if you want, but you did say Rivera ''has a glass jaw''

0-1

0-2

In a stroke of genius, MM correctly predicts that the guy who's been ko'ed by Keith Jardine and Jeremy Horn wont go the distance with Shogun. Genius like this cant be bought, any chance of this weeks lotto numbers MM?

1-2

It's irrefutable
Sakara would have KOed Rivera. Not because he hits harder but because he actually has some boxing ability and would have been able to land something other than the occasional winging shot. Still, the guy nearly got the job done despite being utter trash on the feet.

Schaub/Nog was a ridiculous upset. If the fight was made again, I would probably still pick Schaub regardless of how shitty his Chin is because Nogueira is still shot for all intents and purposes and he also possesses a Glass Mandible.

Lytle/Hardy, yes, I was simply wrong on that one as Lytle was too feather fisted to badly hurt him and Hardy's Chin wasn't as glassy as I once thought. He still got dropped and rocked by a BLOCKED kick, however, so I'm sure he'll redeem my pick for this one in the future.
MetalMandible is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2011, 04:20 PM   #34
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

1-3
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2011, 04:24 PM   #35
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

Cruz and Shields have glass jaws? Wow, they're really successful mma fighters in spite of this, huh? Looks like you can go far with a glass jaw.
rekcutnevets is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2011, 04:28 PM   #36
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

I think someone needs to PM Zakman for some moral support
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2011, 04:32 PM   #37
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

Quote:
Sakara would have KOed Rivera. Not because he hits harder but because he actually has some boxing ability and would have been able to land something other than the occasional winging shot. Still, the guy nearly got the job done despite being utter trash on the feet.

Schaub/Nog was a ridiculous upset. If the fight was made again, I would probably still pick Schaub regardless of how shitty his Chin is because Nogueira is still shot for all intents and purposes and he also possesses a Glass Mandible.

Lytle/Hardy, yes, I was simply wrong on that one as Lytle was too feather fisted to badly hurt him and Hardy's Chin wasn't as glassy as I once thought. He still got dropped and rocked by a BLOCKED kick, however, so I'm sure he'll redeem my pick for this one in the future.
Unless that intent and purpose if kicking Schaub's ass. Good thing Nog's beard can still stand up to Schaub's clean landing cross. I did tell you who was going to win, right?
Old 09-01-2011, 04:33 PM   #38
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

Quote:

0-1

0-2

1-2

It's irrefutable

I've been giving the kid lessons on this. Maybe they'll sink in.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:35 PM   #39
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

Quote:
1-3
What's your fight pick record, hmmm? I seem to remember it being about .500, kiddo. These guys also have plenty of time to prove me right, as well because one fight result isn't enough to prove anything. Hardy, Nogueira, Schaub, AND Rivera all have Glass Jaws regardless of the last result. It's irrefutable.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:37 PM   #40
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekcutnevets View Post
Cruz and Shields have glass jaws? Wow, they're really successful mma fighters in spite of this, huh? Looks like you can go far with a glass jaw.
I never said you couldn't but you have to be extremely talented which is the case for Cruz, while the case for Shields is careful matchmaking. The two guys that he fought who could wrestle AND crack failed because Hendo gassed and GSP fought like a cowardly disgrace. Ellenberger could very well smash the silica.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:38 PM   #41
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

Quote:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Scurlar and his epic PRIDE tattoo.

Remember this, cuntings, whenever you think you're going to post a picture of a dog to try and offend me, I'll post this and remind you of what a terrible decision you made when you actually got branded with the logo of a fighting organization that you had **** all to do with, you feather fisted dweeb. I'm not a dog but you actually DO have one of the shittiest and meaningless tattoos I've ever heard of. Eat a bag of dicks, boy.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Actually, Scurlar looks more like this.

How much do you weigh, Scurlar, 260?
Old 09-01-2011, 04:40 PM   #42
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

Quote:
I never said you couldn't but you have to be extremely talented which is the case for Cruz, while the case for Shields is careful matchmaking. The two guys that he fought who could wrestle AND crack failed because Hendo gassed and GSP fought like a cowardly disgrace. Ellenberger could very well smash the silica.
Isn't GSP one of your prospects?
Old 09-01-2011, 04:40 PM   #43
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
What's your fight pick record, hmmm? I seem to remember it being about .500, kiddo. These guys also have plenty of time to prove me right, as well because one fight result isn't enough to prove anything. Hardy, Nogueira, Schaub, AND Rivera all have Glass Jaws regardless of the last result. It's irrefutable.
Well in the 5 events you've picked you have scored 144 and I have scored 134. So that an average of 2 pts an event you are outscoring me. Well done

And I didnt make a thread saying ''bank on it'' or ''he's British'' did I?

And let me understand this correctly, if any of the fighters you picked get knocked out any time in the future, it will prove you right. Even though you picked them to get ko'd in these specific fights?

1-3
Stoo is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2011, 04:51 PM   #44
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekcutnevets View Post
Isn't GSP one of your prospects?
No, GSP is elite and if he does have a Glass Jaw, which I'm not sure of, he hides it well. Circumstantial evidence does lead me to believe that his Chin is suspect, however.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:53 PM   #45
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

Quote:
Well in the 5 events you've picked you have scored 144 and I have scored 134. So that an average of 2 pts an event you are outscoring me. Well done

And I didnt make a thread saying ''bank on it'' or ''he's British'' did I?

And let me understand this correctly, if any of the fighters you picked get knocked out any time in the future, it will prove you right. Even though you picked them to get ko'd in these specific fights?

1-3
If they get KOed by less-than-spectacular punches or punchers, then yes, it will. Khan barely escaped getting flatlined by Maidana but that doesn't mean his Mandible is cured. He's still a Glass Jawed Joke and he'll be exposed in a future fight, as well.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum