COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 970
Default Re: JWP v Garth Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Boy View Post
That won't be a pretty fight.

Perhaps an even uglier fight than Wood vs JWP. But will still be a war none-the-less.

Wonder how long it'll take them to clash heads?
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2011, 06:11 AM   #33
darkhorse
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmist81 View Post
My two prior posts suggest otherwise, as you said each to their own.

Just because they're two great Aussies doesn't make it a great fight.
buddy..I'll apoligise for you bein' abit snappy with that response to your post and I will also delete it...

but what raised my ire was your suggestion that I don't know my boxin'...obviously you were generally speakin' and probably weren't speakin' to me directly...

..but...we all got our different tastes and probably like different styles of fighters...but in this case I see a clash(fantasy matchup) between JWP and Woods as a full on dog fight...nothin' pretty just a classic brawl...to be honest I'm not even sure who'd win it as only a fool would write off a bloke like Wood who always seems to find a way to get the job done...I just like the idea of Parr as a opponent as he's not a guy who'd be flustered by any unorthordox rough house tactics...JWP is a limited boxer skillswise as well but like Woods more than makes up for it with his pressure...but anyway mate..no big deal...it was just something I threw up for abit of fun...cheers
darkhorse is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2011, 06:24 AM   #34
redmist81

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
buddy..I'll apoligise for you bein' abit snappy with that response to your post and I will also delete it...

but what raised my ire was your suggestion that I don't know my boxin'...obviously you were generally speakin' and probably weren't speakin' to me directly...

..but...we all got our different tastes and probably like different styles of fighters...but in this case I see a clash(fantasy matchup) between JWP and Woods as a full on dog fight...nothin' pretty just a classic brawl...to be honest I'm not even sure who'd win it as only a fool would write off a bloke like Wood who always seems to find a way to get the job done...I just like the idea of Parr as a opponent as he's not a guy who'd be flustered by any unorthordox rough house tactics...JWP is a limited boxer skillswise as well but like Woods more than makes up for it with his pressure...but anyway mate..no big deal...it was just something I threw up for abit of fun...cheers

Thanks for that m8.

I know you were looking @ it as a fantasy matchup but I woz lookin @ it from more of a realistic view.

Coz JWP gets paid 20k to kickbox by Powerplay and Garth has made over a million in two fights with Choc. So if they fought, the only way it works is as a PPV and I don't think Garth should ever headline a PPV card again.

Thanx for clearin the air, coz I ain't here to shit stir
redmist81 is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2011, 06:36 AM   #35
darkhorse
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmist81 View Post
Thanks for that m8.

I know you were looking @ it as a fantasy matchup but I woz lookin @ it from more of a realistic view.

Coz JWP gets paid 20k to kickbox by Powerplay and Garth has made over a million in two fights with Choc. So if they fought, the only way it works is as a PPV and I don't think Garth should ever headline a PPV card again.

Thanx for clearin the air, coz I ain't here to shit stir
too easy buddy...
darkhorse is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum