Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 09-13-2011, 08:33 AM   #16
Larryboys
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 128
Default Re: "The Champ Klitschko is as good as any other old past Champs. Better than me"

I'd pick prime Foreman over either Klitschko. He's the creation of all Wladimirs worst nightmares and probably too much for Vitali too. Still it's nice to see an old time fighter giving the new generation some credit, they are good fighters and people go over the top with how bad the era is to belittle their accomplishments.
Larryboys is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2011, 08:35 AM   #17
eze
Everybody Know Me
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: "The Champ Klitschko is as good as any other old past Champs. Better than me"

Im surprised he said that, didn't he openly talk about wanting to come back at 55 and fight Vitali cause he didn't think the brothers were good?
eze is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2011, 08:56 AM   #18
Bubby
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

The klitschko haters were all over the thread about Foreman wanting to make a come back. They took it to mean he seen the Klitschkos as weak (tho he never said that)
Now the haters either wont post on this thread or say Foreman's lying!

I never heard Foreman say Leon Spinks would beat Him or any other heavyweight outside of Lewis and now the Klitschkos
Bubby is offline  Top
Old 09-13-2011, 09:09 AM   #19
Boxed Ears
ESB #1 Name Changer!
East Side VIP

vCash: 26665

Some of George's nice guy routine is put-upon character acting, but I think he really is a nice guy, at heart, just shrewd enough to lay it on thick when it's to his advantage, and often says stuff like this because he wants to stick up for somebody. He probably just likes Klitschko, thinks he's quality, maybe saw him getting a bad rap.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 09-15-2011, 12:57 AM   #20
bernie4366
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1090

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting Pride View Post
Vitali finally getting the respect he deserves it seems, across the board. Most fans raving about his greatness following his latest win, Fury admitting Vitali would knock him out, now Foreman coming out with this, the biggest of compliments. Kind of funny it took for Vitali to beat a guy seen as a little guy, not a natural heavyweight for people to finally see the light.
Everyone's pretty much ALWAYS seen Vit as a great HW, a step above Wlad. This didn't just start because of Adamek. Anyone who can take that goddam nuclear bomb of an uppercut from Lennoix Lewis that Vit took and still keep fighting back is someone to be reckoned with.
bernie4366 is offline  Top
Old 09-15-2011, 01:25 AM   #21
Vince Voltage
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

George also said, and you can find it on youtube, that Vlad would leave no legacy in boxing because he was too cautious. I love George, but he likes to talk, you know.
Vince Voltage is offline  Top
Old 09-15-2011, 01:46 AM   #22
Rob887
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 533

And Holyfield backed Audley Harrison to rule the HW roost for years to come.... etc etc
Rob887 is offline  Top
Old 09-15-2011, 01:55 AM   #23
Boxing Fanatic
P4P King
East Side VIP

hell of a fighter, but, his comments r silly
Boxing Fanatic is offline  Top
Old 09-15-2011, 02:03 AM   #24
Rob887
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 533

George shouldn't do himself such disservice. I some how doubt the nice guy Klitschkos will be doing the same in years to come.

I genuinely can't see either of them coming out and saying someone would have beat me in years to come, even as nice as they proclaim to be. Vitali is still struggling with actually being beat by Lewis to this day.
Rob887 is offline  Top
Old 09-15-2011, 02:30 AM   #25
brnxhands
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 495

Vitali is heavyweight champ curently in my eyes. His little brother is not.
brnxhands is offline  Top
Old 09-15-2011, 03:21 AM   #26
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

Vitai is the better of the two, but both are great champions!!!!!!!
Farmboxer is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum