Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2011, 11:13 AM   #61
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: GA
Posts: 3,631
vCash: 500
Default Re: Prospect Glass Jaw Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
So what are you now, 2-6? You are a genius
No, I believe I'm 4-3 now, thank you, and that's only until the three that didn't get KOed make good on their Glass Jaws. I'm telling you, I know a Fragile Glass Mandible when I see one, my stellar prediction league record is plenty proof of that, and by the end of next year this entire list will likely have been viciously KOed.
MetalMandible is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2011, 11:21 AM   #62
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,933
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Prospect Glass Jaw Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMandible View Post
No, I believe I'm 4-3 now, thank you, and that's only until the three that didn't get KOed make good on their Glass Jaws. I'm telling you, I know a Fragile Glass Mandible when I see one, my stellar prediction league record is plenty proof of that, and by the end of next year this entire list will likely have been viciously KOed.
That's nice you are clearly part of the ''those shots wouldnt ko anybody'' denier crowd in which Im not interseting in discussing the depth of you blatant denial

Im just popping by to say you suck at chinchecking. It's undenialble
Stoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:35 AM   #63
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 13,401
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Prospect Glass Jaw Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMandible View Post


After all of you deny that Shields is a Glass Jawed Joke he goes out and gets starched in under a minute. What a joke! He has no Chin. None.

Brookins escaped the axe last night but his Fragile Glass Mandible was as evident as ever. He'll be finished by someone less worried about the takedown and more willing to engage beyond potshotting.
A guy goes down from a monstrous full-force flush knee to the face, so he automatically has "no Chin. None". ****ing mental.

"no Chin. None" = Chuck Liddell getting sparked by an innocuous punch with no leverage from Rich Franklin.

"no Chin. None" does not equal eating a massive knee to the face from Jake Ellenberger, and getting finished with a rapidfire volley of punches to the skull.

You Chincheckers are far too irrational for my liking. There are certain instances which do equal a guy having shit punch resistance, but a guy getting stopped for the 1st time in 30+ fights from a huge knee to the chin ain't one of them.

Popkins is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:41 AM   #64
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: GA
Posts: 3,631
vCash: 500
Default Re: Prospect Glass Jaw Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
That's nice you are clearly part of the ''those shots wouldnt ko anybody'' denier crowd in which Im not interseting in discussing the depth of you blatant denial

Im just popping by to say you suck at chinchecking. It's undenialble
My record speaks for itself. My Glass Jawed prospects continue to get their shaky Chins shattered, my Prediction League record continues to soar to unimaginable heights, and my detailed and accurate fight breakdowns and picks could be confused for a play-by-play rather than a prognostication. And you're absolutely right, the idea that a punch "would have KOed anybody" is in almost all cases a complete fallacy, so you'll never hear me spout a bullshit cliche like that.
MetalMandible is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:45 AM   #65
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: GA
Posts: 3,631
vCash: 500
Default Re: Prospect Glass Jaw Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popkins View Post
A guy goes down from a monstrous full-force flush knee to the face, so he automatically has "no Chin. None". ****ing mental.

"no Chin. None" = Chuck Liddell getting sparked by an innocuous punch with no leverage from Rich Franklin.

"no Chin. None" does not equal eating a massive knee to the face from Jake Ellenberger, and getting finished with a rapidfire volley of punches to the skull.

You Chincheckers are far too irrational for my liking. There are certain instances which do equal a guy having shit punch resistance, but a guy getting stopped for the 1st time in 30+ fights from a huge knee to the chin ain't one of them.

Rich Franklin had his face massacred by Anderson's knees multiple times before he fell down. Rampage ate dozens of knees to the dome from two of the best Thai clinch fighters ever and was only starched cold one out of three times that it happened. Franklin has an average Chin and Rampage has a great Chin. If a guy gets flatlined with one ****ing knee and some hammerfists, he has no Chin.
MetalMandible is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 12:03 PM   #66
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,933
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Prospect Glass Jaw Watch

Well this is a ''those shot wouldnt ko anybody'' statement if ever Ive read one. Dismiss the punches to the Glass Jaw as potshotting
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMandible View Post
He'll be finished by someone less worried about the takedown and more willing to engage beyond potshotting.
How ever that's not the issue, Glass Gimmicks are the topic for discussion

So...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMandible View Post
My record speaks for itself. My Glass Jawed prospects continue to get their shaky Chins shattered
Im not interested in your League scores or fight breakdowns, I concede you do very well in both.Im interested in you being a Glass Gimmicked fraud

Let's examine it Of the guys in your prospect watch you named

Dan Hardy didnt get kod 0-1

Forrest got ktfo 1-1

Rivera didnt get ktfo 1-2

Big Nog didnt get ktfo 1-3

Shields got ktfo 2-3

Dunham didnt 2-4

Neither did Brookings 2-5

So as evidenced by your crowing about the Shields call but ignoring or dimissing the other two fights, and indeed the rest of them from the previosu thread in which I schooled you about GG's as ''those shots wouldnt ko anybody'' or just plain ignoring them, you are running a good old fashioned Rainmaking scam

Quote:
Rainmaker

The con artist (a "rainmaker") convinces the mark to pay them to make something happen. If it happens, then the mark is convinced it is because they paid the rainmaker; if not, the rainmaker can say they need more money to do it
When as guy doesnt get kodded, dismiss it as ''Oh he'll ge t ko'd soon'' which equates too ''Oh it will rain tomorrow''But when someone does get ktfo, you crow like you are a genius which equates too ''I made it rain, pay me''

Thank you for your time, I await the predictable responses that Nev pointed out earlier in the other thread thread which go along the lines of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne5ville14 View Post
Fanboy checked
Denier checked
I'm better then you checked
You know nothing checked
Prediction league record suck checked
Irrefutable evidence checked
Fact still remains whether you are a great Chinchecker or not though

Glass Gimmicks exist in forums
Stoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 12:19 PM   #67
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: InYourMouth, NC
Posts: 6,552
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Prospect Glass Jaw Watch

Dunham even took some tough shots right on the chin. Brookins didn't eat as hard of shots as Dunham did, but he was hit cleanly on several occasions.
rekcutnevets is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 12:22 PM   #68
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,933
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Prospect Glass Jaw Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekcutnevets View Post
Dunham even took some tough shots right on the chin. Brookins didn't eat as hard of shots as Dunham did, but he was hit cleanly on several occasions.
Hardy was repeatedly tagged, as was Rivera. Nog ate a big upper cut aswell

But of course Rek, those shots wouldnt ko anybody, right. Especially guys with disgraceful glass jaws, as MM has been graciously pointing out for us deniers
Stoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 12:29 PM   #69
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: InYourMouth, NC
Posts: 6,552
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Prospect Glass Jaw Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
Hardy was repeatedly tagged, as was Rivera. Nog ate a big upper cut aswell

But of course Rek, those shots wouldnt ko anybody, right. Especially guys with disgraceful glass jaws, as MM has been graciously pointing out for us deniers
I'm sure Cro Cop could have eaten the right hand Nog took flush. Oh wait...
rekcutnevets is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 12:34 PM   #70
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,933
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Prospect Glass Jaw Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekcutnevets View Post
I'm sure Cro Cop could have eaten the right hand Nog took flush. Oh wait...


I better not post in this thread anymore, he'll call me greasy again or even worse....Welsh!

I guess he scored more than me in this weeks League though, even though I spotted that McDonald was sporting a disgraceful glass jaw and he didnt
Stoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 12:43 PM   #71
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: GA
Posts: 3,631
vCash: 500
Default Re: Prospect Glass Jaw Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
Well this is a ''those shot wouldnt ko anybody'' statement if ever Ive read one. Dismiss the punches to the Glass Jaw as potshotting
It was. Koch wouldn't put together more than two punches for fear that the Vanilla Gorilla would take him down.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
How ever that's not the issue, Glass Gimmicks are the topic for discussion

So...

Im not interested in your League scores or fight breakdowns, I concede you do very well in both.Im interested in you being a Glass Gimmicked fraud

Let's examine it Of the guys in your prospect watch you named

Dan Hardy didnt get kod 0-1

Forrest got ktfo 1-1

Rivera didnt get ktfo 1-2

Big Nog didnt get ktfo 1-3

Shields got ktfo 2-3

Dunham didnt 2-4

Neither did Brookings 2-5
Rivera didn't get KOed because the guy that I picked to do it dropped out of the fight and we got a bum in his place. A bum that I might add nearly did KTFO that Glass Jawed Joke. I didn't pick Dunham to get flatlined by Shamar Failey because it was apparent that a one-dimensional wrestler wasn't going to have any success with him, so that's irrelevant. I just said that he had a Glass Jaw and that it will shatter.

And that's the point of the Glass Jaw Prospect Watch. It's not that I'm going to be 100% right about WHEN they shatter and some of them may prove to have solid whiskers, but I BELIEVE that they have subpar punch resistance and when it happens, WHENEVER it happens, I'm going to let you know that I was right. If a guy ends up showing ridiculous punch resistance in a bout then I will gladly admit that I was wrong, but that hasn't happened yet. I might change my mind about Hardy's British Glass but he's going to have to suffer abuse from someone less feather fisted than Lytle for me to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
So as evidenced by your crowing about the Shields call but ignoring or dimissing the other two fights, and indeed the rest of them from the previosu thread in which I schooled you about GG's as ''those shots wouldnt ko anybody'' or just plain ignoring them, you are running a good old fashioned Rainmaking scam

When as guy doesnt get kodded, dismiss it as ''Oh he'll ge t ko'd soon'' which equates too ''Oh it will rain tomorrow''But when someone does get ktfo, you crow like you are a genius which equates too ''I made it rain, pay me''

Thank you for your time, I await the predictable responses that Nev pointed out earlier in the other thread thread which go along the lines of



Fact still remains whether you are a great Chinchecker or not though

Glass Gimmicks exist in forums
It's a bit different because it's guaranteed that the rain will come eventually but there are Iron-Chinned Warriors who will not be KTFOed. If I say a guy has a Glass Jaw and he manages not to get tagged in one fight but he's put down by the first flush punch in his next fight, I'd say it's pretty apparent that I was right and that I realized his Chin was not up to snuff.

And yes, Nev is fully aware of exactly what my response will be because that's all I need to prove my point. My stellar, some might say encyclopedic, knowledge of pugilism is repeatedly proven by my oustanding record when picking fights and the deniers who refuse to accept my utter domination of them scream, "you don't know shit about fighting" when it's readily apparent that that isn't the case. That's why when those douchebags want to say that I'm going to throw their disgraceful Prediction League totals in their face, along with everything else that I feel makes them look foolish.

"You have pathetic understanding of the sport as proven by your abysmal Prediction League record and horrid posts" > "You suck because you're a Chinchecker".
MetalMandible is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 12:45 PM   #72
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,933
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Prospect Glass Jaw Watch

Same shit different thread in other words
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMandible View Post
I'm better then you checked
You know nothing checked
Prediction league record suck checked
Irrefutable evidence checked
Stoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 12:51 PM   #73
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: GA
Posts: 3,631
vCash: 500
Default Re: Prospect Glass Jaw Watch

Brookins was wobbled several times and Koch refused to press the issue. His Chin is still suspect and I assume it will be proven to be glassy. As for Dunham, I never, ever made the foolish prediction that Failey would beat him, and I surely wouldn't have picked him to KTFO him because he's a feather fisted wrestler. Now, you say he ate some stiff shots and maybe he did, I didn't watch that bout, but that Mandible is very questionable and I fully expect it to be exposed in 2012.
MetalMandible is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 01:05 PM   #74
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 12,933
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Prospect Glass Jaw Watch

Point is MM, you be one of the better posters on this board if you simply pointed this out, It was clear from the TUF final that Brookins is a ko waiting to happen the amounts of times he gets caught flat footed with his chin up by a shot is undeniable. And when his remedy is to move straight backwards often getting caught by the follow up for his trouble, the writing is on the wall when he steps up in class and cant tie someone up

But my point is, you've chose to stick you tongue in the rim of Zakman and his glass gimmicked fan boys. And your blatant fanboyism and Glass Gimmicked denial are hilarious for me to watch. And the responses you clearly like implicating from the likes of Ai-edy and Beekeeper with Diaz/Aoki fan boy jibes are the exact same responses that I get from you when I question your Glass Gimmick Denial. You could be a good poster if you dropped the gimmick, but you wont, and your fanboyism is on a par with anyone's on this forum, you just dont realise/acknowledge it

The irony is hilarious too me. This is the 1st time Ive opened this thread for a while, and it will probably be the last.
Stoo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 01:07 PM   #75
David B
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?
Posts: 4,182
vCash: 113
Default Re: Prospect Glass Jaw Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMandible View Post


After all of you deny that Shields is a Glass Jawed Joke he goes out and gets starched in under a minute. What a joke! He has no Chin. None.

Brookins escaped the axe last night but his Fragile Glass Mandible was as evident as ever. He'll be finished by someone less worried about the takedown and more willing to engage beyond potshotting.


Jake loses his dad, stays in the main event for the UFC and you guys, and still gets no props.
A man losing his father and stepping in the octagon 3 weeks after = joke
David B is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013