Old 09-24-2011, 10:34 PM   #46
Hotsauce
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Mayweather vs Ortiz PPV Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORMIDABLE View Post
Mosley had hi-profile PPV fights prior, beating DLH, against Cotto, Vargas... casuals knew his name, knew who he was.

Mosley's debut PPV was his first fight with DLH I believe... he was P4P top 10, had a great lightweight career, and it did 600k. 2nd fight did just 975K (2nd highest non-heavy PPV ever at the time).

Mosley was traditionally a good PPV dancing partner, and was always going to sell well with Mayweather and Pac.

Ortiz doing almost as much basically off of one win on HBO WCB is testament to the power of 24/7 and the hype it can generate.
yep
Hotsauce is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2011, 10:54 PM   #47
PNoyFightFanUSN
Larry Don't Give a ****
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORMIDABLE View Post
Mosley had hi-profile PPV fights prior, beating DLH, against Cotto, Vargas... casuals knew his name, knew who he was.

Mosley's debut PPV was his first fight with DLH I believe... he was P4P top 10, had a great lightweight career, and it did 600k. 2nd fight did just 975K (2nd highest non-heavy PPV ever at the time).

Mosley was traditionally a good PPV dancing partner, and was always going to sell well with Mayweather and Pac.

Ortiz doing almost as much basically off of one win on HBO WCB is testament to the power of 24/7 and the hype it can generate.
being facetious. Floyd downplayed Shane's PPV drawing. He doesn't draw on his own, no. but he makes a hell of a B-side and people know that. Hell, even my hardcore UFC watching friend knew who the **** Sugar Shane was.
PNoyFightFanUSN is offline  Top
Old 09-24-2011, 11:13 PM   #48
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless View Post
you're the type of idiot that will most likely buy that shit if you have enough money left over after the grape kool aid.
I spike my grape kool aid with top shelf vodka. You should try. Might make a man out of ya
Toopretty is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum