Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 09-27-2011, 05:52 PM   #31
JabCross
Journeyman

vCash: 500
Default Re: Something for you ..

I learned a little while ago that there are two things you can do after a bad day at the gym.
You can either sit around whining about it and how you're never going to be as good as you want, hoping some magical being will give you what you want (I was guilty of this) or you can reflect on your night, get up the next day and train twice as hard as the day before and take what you want for yourself. I prefer the latter.

Show those haters that you are better than they think.
JabCross is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2011, 02:22 AM   #32
Juxhin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 95

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabCross View Post
I learned a little while ago that there are two things you can do after a bad day at the gym.
You can either sit around whining about it and how you're never going to be as good as you want, hoping some magical being will give you what you want (I was guilty of this) or you can reflect on your night, get up the next day and train twice as hard as the day before and take what you want for yourself. I prefer the latter.

Show those haters that you are better than they think.
well said! Ill show all this country how its done
Juxhin is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2011, 01:25 PM   #33
Don't Sleep
Personal Trainer
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown bomber View Post
Guess what; if I can't do something- neither can you- because your no better then me. What makes you so special? Why should you get what I couldn't even the I tried 'my best'?

That's how haters think- I used to be one
Respect the honesty
Don't Sleep is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2011, 01:58 PM   #34
Don't Sleep
Personal Trainer
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

I agree with all responses posted so far.

Personally though, I motivate myself. Ever since I was a younging, I have been hated on, even though, I consider myself to be a real cool humble dude. Didn't matter if it was in sports casue I was good, because I was always wa aroundd the cute females, I know how to turn .15 into $1 or whatever, people just didn't understand how I move(d) and they didn't like it.

Though it slightly bothered me growing up, it doesn't bother me anymore. I earned everything I have achieved on my own (of course with family support). So if I am the beach with my shirt off or taking a jog in my Under Arrmour gear and I get a few looks from the ladies but I get mugs for the fellas, oh well. I used to be skinny. But I changed my lifestyle. I eat relatively healthy, workout on a daily or t least every other day bsais, don't abuse hard drugs or alcohol so you damn right I have a right to show of my body. I work a full time job, run a side training business while being a family man with a wife and child so yeah I work hard and if I want to drive a nice vehicle dont hate b/c your on the bus .. I too used to ride the bus, mnatter of fact I would have to catch a bus, ride the metro (train in dc), and then catch another bus just to get to work. And I am not "balling" by any means but I have a place for me and my fam to lay our heads at night and thats good enough for me.

I know this seemed like a rant but to OP don't let anyone influence you from acheiving your goals. They can say whatever they want, but it's up to you not to let it deter you.

Here in the DC area, it's a real crab in a barrell mentality compared to other cities. Outside of your circlr, no one really wants to see you achieve anything. So I guess living in thi stpe of environment it gave me tough skin so to speak.

Keep doing you homie!
Don't Sleep is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2011, 02:23 PM   #35
Juxhin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't Sleep View Post
I agree with all responses posted so far.

Personally though, I motivate myself. Ever since I was a younging, I have been hated on, even though, I consider myself to be a real cool humble dude. Didn't matter if it was in sports casue I was good, because I was always wa aroundd the cute females, I know how to turn .15 into $1 or whatever, people just didn't understand how I move(d) and they didn't like it.

Though it slightly bothered me growing up, it doesn't bother me anymore. I earned everything I have achieved on my own (of course with family support). So if I am the beach with my shirt off or taking a jog in my Under Arrmour gear and I get a few looks from the ladies but I get mugs for the fellas, oh well. I used to be skinny. But I changed my lifestyle. I eat relatively healthy, workout on a daily or t least every other day bsais, don't abuse hard drugs or alcohol so you damn right I have a right to show of my body. I work a full time job, run a side training business while being a family man with a wife and child so yeah I work hard and if I want to drive a nice vehicle dont hate b/c your on the bus .. I too used to ride the bus, mnatter of fact I would have to catch a bus, ride the metro (train in dc), and then catch another bus just to get to work. And I am not "balling" by any means but I have a place for me and my fam to lay our heads at night and thats good enough for me.

I know this seemed like a rant but to OP don't let anyone influence you from acheiving your goals. They can say whatever they want, but it's up to you not to let it deter you.

Here in the DC area, it's a real crab in a barrell mentality compared to other cities. Outside of your circlr, no one really wants to see you achieve anything. So I guess living in thi stpe of environment it gave me tough skin so to speak.

Keep doing you homie!
Woah thats deep mate.. Malta is a very small island and its the type of community "everyone knows everyone".. Im a really.. how can i put it.. quiet type of guy, i dont talk to much like they do and i never ever brag. I literally never bragged in my life (apart from the beach ), im very quiet and i know kids my age who i could easily beat when they have 2 years more experience than i have (for our age 2 years makes a huge difference) and i hear them talk whilst im training, one guy compliments me saying all sorts of good stuff then the kid being a doubleface like all of them says "hes not aggressive and in the ring hed probably get KOed half the times", comes up to me and saying "your doing great bro your gonna be amazing". I personally couldnt give a shit about what people say or think especially people who arent of a certain level or standard but one thing i hate is doublefaced people, he praises me infront of me then says im shit behind my back, i had 2 options rip the living shit out of him or calm down and do what i do. Its a sport and i wanna enjoy it so i calmed down trained as hard as i always have. Only thing which puts me down is i cannot talk shit. Its something that i cannot do, the thought of me saying "Ill beat yo ass" thousands of times then go in the ring and lose is the worse thing that could happen there.. Im gonna say it no matter what people think, I Am Good
Juxhin is offline  Top
Old 09-28-2011, 05:29 PM   #36
JabCross
Journeyman

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juxhin View Post
Im gonna say it no matter what people think, I Am Good
Yes. That's the mentality of a truly good fighter. And screw trashtalking, let your gloves do the talking for you.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C84ZxM1txLA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C84ZxM1txLA[/ame]
JabCross is offline  Top
Old 09-29-2011, 08:52 AM   #37
Juxhin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabCross View Post
Yes. That's the mentality of a truly good fighter. And screw trashtalking, let your gloves do the talking for you.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Juxhin is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing