boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2011, 01:18 PM   #1
AndyWATP
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 72
vCash: 500
Default RAW food Diet!!!!

Just curious really if anyone here or knows of anyone that follows this kind of diet and what the results in performance and or weight loss has been. Over the last few days ive been doing quite a bit of research on on Raw foodists and was considering trying to eat raw for a month and see how i would get on. Ive been reading that when you eat raw (only eating raw fruit and veg) you have more energy and i know that Timothy Bradley goes vegan when training for a fight. Raw vegans also claim that animal proteins actually turn extremly acidic which is really harmfull to us but i dont know if that the truth or no.

Any experience/knowledge/opinions??

Andy
AndyWATP is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2011, 01:37 PM   #2
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,229
vCash: 1000
Default Re: RAW food Diet!!!!

Quote:
Raw vegans also claim that animal proteins actually turn extremly acidic which is really harmfull to us
Forget all the **** you've read by these dip****s.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:07 PM   #3
AndyWATP
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 72
vCash: 500
Default Re: RAW food Diet!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
Forget all the **** you've read by these dip****s.


Yeah i had taken what they had said with a pich of salt tbh. We're omnivours so im guessing that our bodies are designed to deal with meat. It was really just the health benefits and supposed fantastic energy that i was reading about eating raw food that got me interested.
AndyWATP is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:13 PM   #4
MrSmall
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 73
vCash: 1000
Default Re: RAW food Diet!!!!

I'll put it to you this way - name me one champion in the last 50 years who had a crazy strange diet. Then if you find those 1-10 guys, compare it to the numbers of guys eating regular, or even bad diets. Strict diets are for bodybuilders and for guys making weight. when you have the basic health benefits and nutrients you need, it really shouldn't be that complicated. You can try things, just don't be surprised if you see no benefit. You know what else is extremely acidic? Acid. You know what contains acid? Fruit. Should we not eat fruit either? Potatoes were brought to Europe only in the last 600 years. Should we not eat them? You can go on forever, but ultimately, some people are better suited to some foods and diets, but barring allergies, we are omnivores and intended to adapt to anything we can find to eat. That's how it works. If the "cavemen" had meat around them, they wouldn't say "no thanks, too acidic for me, I'll starve". And the low life expectancy is from no protection to any kind of disease, or the elements, or animals, or childbirth safety, or helathcare. It isn't because of their diet that didn't have their fortified with vitamins Coco pops and low fat mayo.
MrSmall is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:22 PM   #5
Don't Sleep
Personal Trainer
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 1,393
vCash: 1000
Default Re: RAW food Diet!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmall View Post
I'll put it to you this way - name me one champion in the last 50 years who had a crazy strange diet. Then if you find those 1-10 guys, compare it to the numbers of guys eating regular, or even bad diets. Strict diets are for bodybuilders and for guys making weight. when you have the basic health benefits and nutrients you need, it really shouldn't be that complicated. You can try things, just don't be surprised if you see no benefit. You know what else is extremely acidic? Acid. You know what contains acid? Fruit. Should we not eat fruit either? Potatoes were brought to Europe only in the last 600 years. Should we not eat them? You can go on forever, but ultimately, some people are better suited to some foods and diets, but barring allergies, we are omnivores and intended to adapt to anything we can find to eat. That's how it works. If the "cavemen" had meat around them, they wouldn't say "no thanks, too acidic for me, I'll starve". And the low life expectancy is from no protection to any kind of disease, or the elements, or animals, or childbirth safety, or helathcare. It isn't because of their diet that didn't have their fortified with vitamins Coco pops and low fat mayo.
Good post. I received a lot of nutrition training material in regards to my trainer certifications and the information defintely was pro meat. Th thing is as with anything in life, to eat in moderation. Pesonally, I eat a lot of fish and turkey while eating chicken frequentky and hardly eat red meat (When I do eat red meat, I have already worked out or will work out the same day to burn it off)

Nutrition is pretty simple ... eat fresh lean meats and dairy (though I odnt drink milk), complex carbs (brown rice, sweet potatoes, oatmeal, etc...) enough fruit, lots of vegetables and stay away from packaged processed foods. And of course stay properly hydrated.
Don't Sleep is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:27 PM   #6
AndyWATP
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 72
vCash: 500
Default Re: RAW food Diet!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmall View Post
I'll put it to you this way - name me one champion in the last 50 years who had a crazy strange diet. Then if you find those 1-10 guys, compare it to the numbers of guys eating regular, or even bad diets. Strict diets are for bodybuilders and for guys making weight. when you have the basic health benefits and nutrients you need, it really shouldn't be that complicated. You can try things, just don't be surprised if you see no benefit. You know what else is extremely acidic? Acid. You know what contains acid? Fruit. Should we not eat fruit either? Potatoes were brought to Europe only in the last 600 years. Should we not eat them? You can go on forever, but ultimately, some people are better suited to some foods and diets, but barring allergies, we are omnivores and intended to adapt to anything we can find to eat. That's how it works. If the "cavemen" had meat around them, they wouldn't say "no thanks, too acidic for me, I'll starve". And the low life expectancy is from no protection to any kind of disease, or the elements, or animals, or childbirth safety, or helathcare. It isn't because of their diet that didn't have their fortified with vitamins Coco pops and low fat mayo.
Yeah, very good points! So im guessing that when it comes to what you eat its just common sense and goal specific. Ive been loosing a steady 2-4lbs a week for the last 9 weeks and still got about another 20 to go just eating whole foods and the ocasional junk. Think i will just try to incorprate a bit more raw veg like spinach in my diet and see how i get on.
AndyWATP is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:32 PM   #7
AndyWATP
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 72
vCash: 500
Default Re: RAW food Diet!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't Sleep View Post
Good post. I received a lot of nutrition training material in regards to my trainer certifications and the information defintely was pro meat. Th thing is as with anything in life, to eat in moderation. Pesonally, I eat a lot of fish and turkey while eating chicken frequentky and hardly eat red meat (When I do eat red meat, I have already worked out or will work out the same day to burn it off)

Nutrition is pretty simple ... eat fresh lean meats and dairy (though I odnt drink milk), complex carbs (brown rice, sweet potatoes, oatmeal, etc...) enough fruit, lots of vegetables and stay away from packaged processed foods. And of course stay properly hydrated.

yeah that sounds right. There is so much **** and science on nutrition that everything that i read at somepoint contradicts itsself and it all confuses the hell out of me!! So im just going to stick with pretty much what you said and what i was already doing before and just keep ith simple!
AndyWATP is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:44 AM   #8
The Spider
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: RAW food Diet!!!!

You will be doing a lot of chewing if you only eat raw food. That alone will burn up some fat. Avoiding processed food is sound advise but I don't know about this raw fad.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:52 AM   #9
cheech
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 797
vCash: 742
Default Re: RAW food Diet!!!!

What do you mean by raw or how raw do you want to go? I love my diet and I am a more on the extreme side. Stick with a healthy plan and tailor it to your liking. Enjoy it.
cheech is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:02 AM   #10
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Your girlfriend's handbag
Posts: 1
vCash: 75
Default Re: RAW food Diet!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmall View Post
I'll put it to you this way - name me one champion in the last 50 years who had a crazy strange diet. Then if you find those 1-10 guys, compare it to the numbers of guys eating regular, or even bad diets. Strict diets are for bodybuilders and for guys making weight. when you have the basic health benefits and nutrients you need, it really shouldn't be that complicated. You can try things, just don't be surprised if you see no benefit. You know what else is extremely acidic? Acid. You know what contains acid? Fruit. Should we not eat fruit either? Potatoes were brought to Europe only in the last 600 years. Should we not eat them? You can go on forever, but ultimately, some people are better suited to some foods and diets, but barring allergies, we are omnivores and intended to adapt to anything we can find to eat. That's how it works. If the "cavemen" had meat around them, they wouldn't say "no thanks, too acidic for me, I'll starve". And the low life expectancy is from no protection to any kind of disease, or the elements, or animals, or childbirth safety, or helathcare. It isn't because of their diet that didn't have their fortified with vitamins Coco pops and low fat mayo.
Name any champion prior to 10 years ago that ate six small meals a day. I'm not disagreeing with what you're saying but lets be fair and extend the same logic to one of the current nutritional 'standards'.
TheDuke is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:04 AM   #11
TheDuke
Let me marry Boxed Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Your girlfriend's handbag
Posts: 1
vCash: 75
Default Re: RAW food Diet!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't Sleep View Post
(When I do eat red meat, I have already worked out or will work out the same day to burn it off)
TheDuke is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:56 AM   #12
The Spider
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: RAW food Diet!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuke View Post
Name any champion prior to 10 years ago that ate six small meals a day. I'm not disagreeing with what you're saying but lets be fair and extend the same logic to one of the current nutritional 'standards'.
Your point is well made but there have been advances in many areas that all sportspeople have benefited from. It wasn't that long ago that sportsmen were considered wooses if they stopped and had a drink during training. These days every serious athlete has their own personal drink bottle and very likely their protein shake and food bars as well.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:57 AM   #13
MrSmall
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 73
vCash: 1000
Default Re: RAW food Diet!!!!

You don't burn off what you eat the day you train, ti doesn't work that way. red meat is good for you, 3x a day, it is not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuke View Post
Name any champion prior to 10 years ago that ate six small meals a day. I'm not disagreeing with what you're saying but lets be fair and extend the same logic to one of the current nutritional 'standards'.
Couldn't say - but I hadn't realised that it was a standard adopted by everyone. Lots of people don't have the time or inclination to eat that way, athletes or not. I don't really know anyone under 100kg that eats more than 4 times a day, and that's out of need (hunger/nutrients), not meal frequency and its effects on the body - except bodybuilders. Ultimately with the meal frequency thing, its more of a leaning out thing, rather than an effective way to increase your performance or energy etc (depending on what constitutes a "meal").
MrSmall is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:38 PM   #14
Ravishing Rick
$.02 *Soutside slugger*
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: *SouthSide Slugger*, $.02, M.R. WRITER, SHOWTIME
Posts: 166
vCash: 500
Default Re: RAW food Diet!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyWATP View Post
Just curious really if anyone here or knows of anyone that follows this kind of diet and what the results in performance and or weight loss has been. Over the last few days ive been doing quite a bit of research on on Raw foodists and was considering trying to eat raw for a month and see how i would get on. Ive been reading that when you eat raw (only eating raw fruit and veg) you have more energy and i know that Timothy Bradley goes vegan when training for a fight. Raw vegans also claim that animal proteins actually turn extremly acidic which is really harmfull to us but i dont know if that the truth or no.

Any experience/knowledge/opinions??

Andy
I follow it, but not fully. I cut out junk food completely, No white sugar, flour etc. Eat fruits, veggies more, and yogurt!

Results from doing this?

Better mood, increases energy, better appearance!

If you think about it, it should not really surprise anyone that all this good stuff happened!
Ravishing Rick is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:27 AM   #15
AndyWATP
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 72
vCash: 500
Default Re: RAW food Diet!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravishing Rick View Post
I follow it, but not fully. I cut out junk food completely, No white sugar, flour etc. Eat fruits, veggies more, and yogurt!

Results from doing this?

Better mood, increases energy, better appearance!

If you think about it, it should not really surprise anyone that all this good stuff happened!
Do you eat meat???
AndyWATP is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015