Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-06-2011, 07:20 PM   #1
MrPeterson
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default I have always supported the Klitschkos. But what Wlad is doing is a disgrace

I don't care about the reasoning. Maybe Wlad just thinks its cool to fight someone French? This is an offensive choice of an opponent. This is a guy with 0 good wins at the weight. I'm honestly angry about this fight because as a fan I don't want to see him in there with a slow undersized old guy who is under 6 feet tall and has done nothing at all to deserve the fight. Doesn't have to be Helenius this second. But if Wlad does not fight Helenius in 2012 he has no balls. If Wlad is really the best he should prove it by fighting guys not based on the marketing of the fight but based on who may pose the greatest threat to him. Fight Amir Mansour before you fight Jean Mormeck. Fight Cedric Boswell. Fight ****ing Kali Meehan before you fight Mormeck. What a joke. Do the right thing and cut this ***** bullshit. I hope its his promoters doing and Wlad just takes a backseat either way he's soft
MrPeterson is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2011, 07:23 PM   #2
Faerun
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1171
Default Re: I have always supported the Klitschkos. But what Wlad is doing is a disgrace

u mad?
Faerun is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2011, 07:25 PM   #3
killuminix
yes im back
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: I have always supported the Klitschkos. But what Wlad is doing is a disgrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerun View Post
u mad?
he mad
killuminix is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2011, 07:25 PM   #4
Rudyard
**** How You Feel!! HOE!
East Side VIP

vCash: 160

I'm not the biggest Wlad fan but who the hell is he suppose to fight??? given that the HW division at its worst IMO...there really isnt any good talent for him to fight...Whats wrong with taking a stay busy fight??? Some of you guys just like to bitch about absolutely nothing.
Rudyard is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2011, 07:26 PM   #5
MrPeterson
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
u mad?
Quote:
I'm honestly angry about this fight
Wlad should fight Glazkov in Kyiv. Grow a sack
Old 10-06-2011, 07:27 PM   #6
kommieforniaglo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPeterson View Post
I don't care about the reasoning. Maybe Wlad just thinks its cool to fight someone French? This is an offensive choice of an opponent. This is a guy with 0 good wins at the weight. I'm honestly angry about this fight because as a fan I don't want to see him in there with a slow undersized old guy who is under 6 feet tall and has done nothing at all to deserve the fight. Doesn't have to be Helenius this second. But if Wlad does not fight Helenius in 2012 he has no balls. If Wlad is really the best he should prove it by fighting guys not based on the marketing of the fight but based on who may pose the greatest threat to him. Fight Amir Mansour before you fight Jean Mormeck. Fight Cedric Boswell. Fight ****ing Kali Meehan before you fight Mormeck. What a joke. Do the right thing and cut this ***** bullshit. I hope its his promoters doing and Wlad just takes a backseat either way he's soft

Title Defense, maybe who knows, Perhaps he wants to beat a heavyweight from each country in Europe?>.
kommieforniaglo is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2011, 07:28 PM   #7
MrPeterson
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
..Whats wrong with taking a stay busy fight???
staying busy? he's like 35 years old how many more times do you think he will fight? not many. fight some real fighters before you retire who's he going to keep busy with next, Joey Abell?
Old 10-06-2011, 07:31 PM   #8
DobyZhee
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudyard View Post
I'm not the biggest Wlad fan but who the hell is he suppose to fight??? given that the HW division at its worst IMO...there really isnt any good talent for him to fight...Whats wrong with taking a stay busy fight??? Some of you guys just like to bitch about absolutely nothing.
If Toney wasn't such an ass like Floyd, he'd be getting a title fight with Wlad.
DobyZhee is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2011, 07:31 PM   #9
ludwig
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Who else is out there?

Tarver isn't really any better than Mormeck.

Arreola doesn't even want the fight right now it seems.

Boswell? Meehan? Frankly Mormeck is more accomplished as a boxer.

The difference between Mormeck and another 10-30 ranked heavy is $. The idea is Mormeck will bring in extra revenues another opponent wouldn't have. Plus K2 get some media exposure in France.

If there were good opponents calling Wlad out right now and ridiculing him for taking the Mormeck fight I might be with you but there really is no one.
ludwig is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2011, 07:34 PM   #10
MrPeterson
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Boswell? Meehan? Frankly Mormeck is more accomplished as a boxer.
I don't care who anybody thinks is more accomplished, I care about a fight in the ring. Fight Franklin Lawrence. Somebody with a pulse who actually fights not guys squeaking out decisions over Vinny Madalone. Wlad would probly rather retire than fight Tarver
Old 10-06-2011, 07:35 PM   #11
Nosbor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

It was supposed to be Arreola at MSG. Did Cristobal turn it down???

Did Wlad's mandatory Chambers/Thompson also get pushed back to December since the Ward/Froch fight was resheduled?
Nosbor is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2011, 07:37 PM   #12
MrPeterson
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Did Cristobal turn it down???
Cristobal would never turn down a fight with the Klitschko's, after Cristobal destroys Big Zo in Mexico and maybe 1 more fight then I think he will meet Wladimir in the ring
Old 10-06-2011, 07:52 PM   #13
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPeterson View Post
Cristobal would never turn down a fight with the Klitschko's, after Cristobal destroys Big Zo in Mexico and maybe 1 more fight then I think he will meet Wladimir in the ring
Arreola is CURRENTLY positioning himself for an eliminator with Rahman for Potvetkin Holyfield so don't talk shit you don't know about.

As for Lawrence. Monsour, Meehan, Boz etc etc etc etc etc etc .......show me one with better wins in the last 12 mos than Tiggy and Oquendo.

It aint happening. MOF......show me a win by ARREOLA better than TIGGY or Oquendo. You cant.

Wlad was gonna fight Chisora last fall....14-0 with a couple decent wins, but look how he turned out. Monsour is almost 40 himself, and beat a LETHARGIC Guinn, who outboxed Monsour much of the fight.

As for Helenius, ****ING forget about it. Robbe wants NO part of either brother this year or the next. He's got Chagaev, Haye, McCall, Potvekin, Adamek, and Rahman on his radar. He'll make 3 of those fights before he considers a K2.

Mormeck, for all his size, has more balls that Arreola, Haye, and the rest of the pretenders, like DelBoy before him, he accepted the offer to fight for the titles, unlike Haye, Arreola, and the posers lining themselves up behind the WBA kiddie belt.

DEAL with it.
chitownfightfan is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2011, 07:59 PM   #14
Nosbor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownfightfan View Post
Arreola is CURRENTLY positioning himself for an eliminator with Rahman for Potvetkin Holyfield so don't talk shit you don't know about.

As for Lawrence. Monsour, Meehan, Boz etc etc etc etc etc etc .......show me one with better wins in the last 12 mos than Tiggy and Oquendo.

It aint happening. MOF......show me a win by ARREOLA better than TIGGY or Oquendo. You cant.

Wlad was gonna fight Chisora last fall....14-0 with a couple decent wins, but look how he turned out. Monsour is almost 40 himself, and beat a LETHARGIC Guinn, who outboxed Monsour much of the fight.

As for Helenius, ****ING forget about it. Robbe wants NO part of either brother this year or the next. He's got Chagaev, Haye, McCall, Potvekin, Adamek, and Rahman on his radar. He'll make 3 of those fights before he considers a K2.

Mormeck, for all his size, has more balls that Arreola, Haye, and the rest of the pretenders, like DelBoy before him, he accepted the offer to fight for the titles, unlike Haye, Arreola, and the posers lining themselves up behind the WBA kiddie belt.

DEAL with it.
Makes sense!
Nosbor is offline  Top
Old 10-06-2011, 08:04 PM   #15
MrPeterson
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
a LETHARGIC Guinn, who outboxed Monsour much of the fight.
where did you see the fight? did you see mormecks "wins" over fres and "tiggy" i doubt they were wins at all. wlad should fight Mike Perez in Ireland if he feels like stamping his passport and crossing Ireland off his fruity bucket list

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum