Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-07-2011, 02:22 PM   #16
jeffjoiner
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 5174
Default Re: Wladimir should have fought Toney / Holyfield.

He should have fought Arreola in Madison Square Garden like he said he would.

Wlad doesn't fight guys with balls; Vitali does. I'm sure big brother advised him in this matter.
jeffjoiner is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2011, 02:31 PM   #17
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEF View Post
RIIIIIGHT
Holy is going to pull out of a fight with Povetkin to fight Wlad

Everyone including holy knows he has a chance against Povetkin to win a belt and NO CHANCE to beat wlad

Holy wins a belt from Povetkin then he is in better shape to fight wlad

TONEY????. The fight is in Europe (germany) Toney wouldnt work... and Honestly let James win and maybe it happens
Holyfield would much prefer a fight against Wlad or Vitali. He is more likely to beat Adamek bit he wants to fight the best and would jump at a chance to fight Wlad, without question.

And Toney would also. He'd also beat Mormeck easily, so he's a better fighter who wants it, has wanted it for years, and yet is always ignored.
Jack is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2011, 02:39 PM   #18
DavidChao
A contender,.. a somebody
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by JN43 View Post
Holyfield and Toney arn't past prime enough yet for the Kilts. Haye called the Kilts out for 3 years and only when he was injured and past prime did they fight him.
Get evaluated or euthanized as soon as possible.
DavidChao is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2011, 03:04 PM   #19
KINGOFTHE1ROUND
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 337

Like and respect Wlad but he treats everyone like they have Foreman power. Holyfield will **** him up.
KINGOFTHE1ROUND is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2011, 03:52 PM   #20
krazylegs
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Holyfield would much prefer a fight against Wlad or Vitali. He is more likely to beat Adamek bit he wants to fight the best and would jump at a chance to fight Wlad, without question.

And Toney would also. He'd also beat Mormeck easily, so he's a better fighter who wants it, has wanted it for years, and yet is always ignored.
I lot of fighters want shit they never get. Like Vitali with Lewis. Especially over the hill fighters looking for the last big payday they can get, which they know will only come from the Klitschko's and their drawing power.

People are already complaining about Mormecks age39 but Toney is 43 and extremely punch drunk. And for all the shit people talk about Sam Peter being slow and a horrible boxer. Toney couldn't beat him in 2 tries. Look what the Klitschkos did to Peter. Maybe if Toney wasn't busy tapping out like a princess and spent his time fighting legit top 10-25 ranked guys he could have earned a shot at the Klitschko's by now. but instead he fights even larger tomato cans then the ones people say the Klitschko's have been fighting.

Toneys best win not counting the Ruiz steroid NC. over the last 7-8 years has been Oquendo which he would have lost if not for a ridiculous 1pt deduction or Guinn.

Then you have Holyfield who last out beat Brian Nelson, a guy who hadn't fought in 9 years, and it still took him 10rds. 2 decision loses to Ibragimov and Valuev. although the Valuev fight was close and could have gone either way. Wlad has already thoroughly beat the other two boxers who defeated Valuev in better fashion. Shit even Sherman Williams had Holyfield in trouble till the bout was stopped by cut's and ruled a NC. Why no rematch there? Better to fight Nelson and then get a gift from god and a shot for the fake WBA title

I like holyfield and wouldn't want to see that beating, But Toney I'd love to watch.

Here's an idea how about they earn a shot for the fight. As of right now, all Holyfield has to do is beat Povetkin and defend it maybe once or not even and he gets Klitschko. And for Toney see the previously mentioned about fighting any legit contender.

This is why i have respect for Chambers. He at least has been fighting other top ranked contenders and earning his title shot or shots
krazylegs is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2011, 04:03 PM   #21
AJ5
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazylegs View Post
People are already complaining about Mormecks age39 but Toney is 43 and extremely punch drunk. And for all the shit people talk about Sam Peter being slow and a horrible boxer. Toney couldn't beat him in 2 tries. Look what the Klitschkos did to Peter. Maybe if Toney wasn't busy tapping out like a princess and spent his time fighting legit top 10-25 ranked guys he could have earned a shot at the Klitschko's by now. but instead he fights even larger tomato cans then the ones people say the Klitschko's have been fighting.

Toneys best win not counting the Ruiz steroid NC. over the last 7-8 years has been Oquendo which he would have lost if not for a ridiculous 1pt deduction or Guinn.

Then you have Holyfield who last out beat Brian Nelson, a guy who hadn't fought in 9 years, and it still took him 10rds. 2 decision loses to Ibragimov and Valuev. although the Valuev fight was close and could have gone either way. Wlad has already thoroughly beat the other two boxers who defeated Valuev in better fashion.

I like holyfield and wouldn't want to see that beating, But Toney I'd love to watch.

Here's an idea how about they earn a shot for the fight. As of right now, all Holyfield has to do is beat Povetkin and defend it maybe once or not even and he gets Klitschko. And for Toney see the previously mentioned about fighting any legit contender.

This is why i have respect for Chambers. He at least has been fighting other top ranked contenders and earning his title shot or shots
I find it a little disturbing that you and others want to see Toney get beat up. He's a harmless old guy who likes to talk in effort to squeeze out some last big pay days. Who cares. Show some respect and say that he needs to retire before he causes anymore neurological damage instead of suggesting he needs a beating.

Last edited by AJ5; 10-07-2011 at 04:16 PM.
AJ5 is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2011, 04:19 PM   #22
JN43
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

We all know that Toney embarrassed both Klitchkos in sparring and was kicked thier camp. No wonder they ducked him all these years.
JN43 is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2011, 04:24 PM   #23
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 98

Quote:
Well, Toney and Holyfield would also be mismatches but them two would both beat Mormeck, so you're right, they'd be better fights. Anyone saying "there are no options" should accept that there are two better options who have been desperate for a fight for years.
Toney cheated his way to a win over Oquendo.......Mormeck out punched the man. Holy was ready to be KTFO by Williams earlier this yr, and Mormeck would SMOKE him.
chitownfightfan is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2011, 04:25 PM   #24
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

But yeah, Wlad shoulda fought Holy 6-7 years ago, and Toney when he had a decent run at HW.
Wlad coulda took those two right outta the picture for good with a nice stiff beatdown.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:26 PM   #25
ko_bros
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Well, Toney and Holyfield would also be mismatches but them two would both beat Mormeck, so you're right, they'd be better fights. Anyone saying "there are no options" should accept that there are two better options who have been desperate for a fight for years.
Haha, desperate? Toney runs his dirty mouth everyday about Klitschkos, and when they offered him a fight, he refused it. Is that desperate?
ko_bros is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2011, 04:30 PM   #26
antonio8904
Atheist
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsentdemon View Post
I wish Wladimir would KTFO James Toney, I mean a brutal 12 rounds of accumulative punishment, Toney talks too much.
this...^
antonio8904 is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2011, 04:33 PM   #27
millertime1367
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Yea because an outcome drawing similarities to Creed/Drago would really make him popular in the states....
millertime1367 is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2011, 04:49 PM   #28
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by millertime1367 View Post
Yea because an outcome drawing similarities to Creed/Drago would really make him popular in the states....
I completely withdraw my previous post about fighting either of them, even 4-7 yrs ago.

You are absolutely right. Toney would be in an Ali-like state today, and Holy would be catatonic.

Wlad is a gentleman......he has empathy for his victims, and my thirst to see Toney silenced has caused me to forget about the permanent effects Wlad would inflict on him even 7 yrs ago.
Old 10-07-2011, 04:52 PM   #29
itsa huge bitch
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 762

Quote:
Holyfield and Toney arn't past prime enough yet for the Kilts. Haye called the Kilts out for 3 years and only when he was injured and past prime did they fight him.
haye waited till wlad was 3 years older to finally fight..he thought he had slowed down..and found out in the ring he hadnt...see what i did there...
itsa huge bitch is offline  Top
Old 10-07-2011, 04:54 PM   #30
itsa huge bitch
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 762

Quote:
We all know that Toney embarrassed both Klitchkos in sparring and was kicked thier camp. No wonder they ducked him all these years.
i thought it was just wladimir...use boy sure do like making up storys and having *** with men dont use...see what i did there
itsa huge bitch is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum