Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: LMW contest between Floyd & Maravila next year...
Floyd KO/TKO 2 3.17%
Floyd Points 42 66.67%
Martinez KO/TKO 12 19.05%
Martinez Points 7 11.11%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-08-2011, 08:19 AM   #31
pahapoisu
Superman!
ESB Addict

vCash: 105
Default Re: Spring 2012, 154lbs, Floyd MAYWEATHER vs Sergio MARTINEZ - who would win & why?

Sergio has early success but because of he does the same shit over and over Floyd will easily figure him out and then break him down.
pahapoisu is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2011, 08:56 AM   #32
tinorknitz
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Spring 2012, 154lbs, Floyd MAYWEATHER vs Sergio MARTINEZ - who would win & why?

I'm glad more and more Flomos are converting to PRO-CATCHWEIGHT.
tinorknitz is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 09:03 AM   #33
Emeritus
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popkins View Post
Floyd could most definitely be knocked out by Martinez, that isn't an inconceivable scenario at all. I don't think it would happen, but it's eminently possible. An old, tired, toothless Mosley had Floyd rocking and rolling, but lacked the energy and the poise to go any further with it. Martinez is bigger, stronger, more powerful, more energetic, more relentless than the 2010 SSM, and if he connects he'll get the same result or better, and get further with the following stoppage attempt as well. It is very short-sighted to rule a KO out on the evidence of both mens' recent fights.
Mosely stunned Floyd, its really stupid to think that just because a fighter is stunned and has only been knocked down once (Zab Judah) he can be K.O'd?

Mayweather is NOT Paul Williams his defense is top 3 ALL time, he will NOT get caught with Martinez big shots.

The chance of Martinez K.O'ing Floyd are remote, it is more likely he hurts Floyd so bad he is able to impose his will on Floyd but the K.O is NOT going to happen.
Emeritus is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 09:04 AM   #34
Leonard
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1147

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinorknitz View Post
I'm glad more and more Flomos are converting to PRO-CATCHWEIGHT.
Leonard is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 09:42 AM   #35
ocelot
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Floyd's fundamentals are so much better than Martinez'. Martinez would miss all night, get off balance repeatedly, and Floyd would counter, counter, counter.
ocelot is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 09:51 AM   #36
MichiganWarrior
Still Slick! Still Black!
East Side VIP

vCash: 571

Toughest fight of Floyds career. I'd pick Sergio by decision.
MichiganWarrior is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 11:48 AM   #37
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeritus View Post
Mosely stunned Floyd, its really stupid to think that just because a fighter is stunned and has only been knocked down once (Zab Judah) he can be K.O'd?

Mayweather is NOT Paul Williams his defense is top 3 ALL time, he will NOT get caught with Martinez big shots.

The chance of Martinez K.O'ing Floyd are remote, it is more likely he hurts Floyd so bad he is able to impose his will on Floyd but the K.O is NOT going to happen.
Of course he can be KO'd. Any fighter can be KO'd if they get caught by the right punch from the right fighter. That's just human physiology my friend, and Floyd is a human being, just like Roberto Duran was a human who had a granite chin for 99% of his career, but got sparked one time by a much bigger, more murderous puncher in Thomas Hearns. This logic is not hard to follow tbh.

I don't think Mayweather will get caught by Martinez's big shot either, I expect Mayweather to win, but I didn't expect Mosley to land big shots on Mayweather either, and he did, so it's obviously not outwith the realms of possibility that Martinez could catch Floyd flush in the midst of an exchange.

The KO is eminently possible. Martinez is bigger and more powerful than anyone Floyd has fought before, and we have seen that Floyd can be hurt by single shots before from lesser punchers such as Demarcus Corley.

It's simple logic, that's all.
Popkins is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 11:51 AM   #38
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by el mosquito View Post
But still, the only thing which favors martinez is his size. His skills are overrated IMO as well as his lucky punch which landed on PWill. I'd favor both Pacquiao and Floyd over Martinez.
How many times do you think he can land that same exact lucky punch on Williams in a 3rd fight
bballchump11 is online now  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 11:54 AM   #39
Boxing Fanatic
P4P King
East Side VIP

dude is a middleweight. once sergio hits him flush, good bye
Boxing Fanatic is offline  Top
Old 10-08-2011, 11:54 AM   #40
victor879
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Without getting into too much detail as I am feeling lazy right now: Mayweather's straight right hand would be the major difference in the bout. Martinez is open for it, and with the way he keeps his hands, he'll get hit and hit often.

If Martinez can keep that jab pumping and effective, he has a shot. He needs to keep Mayweather off balance and out of countering range. A tall order in my view given Mayweather's footwork and ring IQ.

I got Mayweather winning a UD in a competitive fight. (8-4 or 7-5 type of fight) A more dangerous fight than Pacquiao in my opinion. I hope it happens.
victor879 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum