Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-10-2011, 09:53 AM   #46
Undisputed520
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1303
Default Re: What became of Kevin Johnson?

KJ makes David Haye look like Arturo Gatti.
Undisputed520 is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 11:11 AM   #47
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 10918

Quote:
Originally Posted by praetorianJJ View Post
Staying busy with who Bama? Has he fought since Vitali?
He has fought 3 times since Vitali, against lesser opposition, I here he is trying to fight names but right now he is a high risk low reward type fighter.
SweetHome_Bama is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 12:32 PM   #48
antonio8904
Atheist
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
He was shit, is shit, and always will be shit. Hes one of the saddest excuses for a fighter ive seen in years
this...^
antonio8904 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2011, 12:54 PM   #49
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 702

Like I've posted in other threads.......the guy goes around to other american upncomers fights then calls em out.......but when they reply with a "SAY WHEN" attitude, he clamors up and claims his promoters won't let him make the date.

If ya ask me, it's guys like him who ruin it for guys like Mitchell, Welliver, and Rodriguez. Here we have Travis Walker going to Germany to be an opponent vs Pulev, but he coulda fought in his own back yard against Rodriguez and win or lose, had a huge fight with a top american HW.
same goes for Banks....Rodriguez coulda made that fight, but instead he fights a 9 fight novice on Vitali's UC.

Mitchell wants Johnson bad, or any big name at this point, but when contract time comes around, there's always a CAN already signed, when officially it's a TBA who will be signed on 4 days notice.

Makes me sick watching these pretenders dance around upncomers hoping somehow by avoiding them, that they'll eventually take another fight (Brian Polley, Matt Greer, Yusaf Banks, Robbie Calloway) while the pretender claims he wanted the upncomer all along, but the upncomer didn't want the fight.
chitownfightfan is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 12:59 PM   #50
BoxingInsider
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1666

This is the list (and boxrec) of the boxers Star Boxing has offered to fight KINGPIN:

Yohan Banks
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Galen Brown

Miles Kelly

Andre Ward

Dennis McKinney

Matt Green

How do these guys help KINGPIN???
Also, there is a provision in the KJ-Star Boxing contract that states if KINGPIN wins his next 3 fights, the contract is extended another 5 fights. That is why he is trying to negotitate his way out of the Star Boxing contract....Joe Deguardia is not getting the big fights for KINGPIN, he is scheduling no-hopers!!!

Promoters are ruining the sweet science, not the boxers......Its not the boxers fault if his promoter cant get him better fights/better opponents
BoxingInsider is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 01:04 PM   #51
BoxingInsider
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownfightfan View Post
Like I've posted in other threads.......the guy goes around to other american upncomers fights then calls em out.......but when they reply with a "SAY WHEN" attitude, he clamors up and claims his promoters won't let him make the date.

If ya ask me, it's guys like him who ruin it for guys like Mitchell, Welliver, and Rodriguez. Here we have Travis Walker going to Germany to be an opponent vs Pulev, but he coulda fought in his own back yard against Rodriguez and win or lose, had a huge fight with a top american HW.
same goes for Banks....Rodriguez coulda made that fight, but instead he fights a 9 fight novice on Vitali's UC.

Mitchell wants Johnson bad, or any big name at this point, but when contract time comes around, there's always a CAN already signed, when officially it's a TBA who will be signed on 4 days notice.

Makes me sick watching these pretenders dance around upncomers hoping somehow by avoiding them, that they'll eventually take another fight (Brian Polley, Matt Greer, Yusaf Banks, Robbie Calloway) while the pretender claims he wanted the upncomer all along, but the upncomer didn't want the fight.

KINGPIN wants the fights, its Star Boxing doing the ruining.....Joe Deguardia priced KINGPIN out of numerous good fights, you cant blame KJ if his promoter is the one screwing up the negotiations.

Like when Ruslan Chagaev offered $40,000 to fight KJ, and Star Boxing wanted $100,000......Dont blame the boxer (who wants to fight) blame the promoters.....

The Ruslan Chagaev offered was mentioned in the Ring Magazine article on KJ.....!!!!
Old 10-10-2011, 01:05 PM   #52
madballster
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Kingpin is a big-mouthed nobody. Having been beaten & humiliated by Vitali he's hiding somewhere and doesn't dare to appear again.

madballster is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 01:09 PM   #53
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 10918

Kingpin is going to have to take his promotor to court to force a dissolution of the contract or a buyout. He is running out of time.
SweetHome_Bama is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 01:20 PM   #54
BoxingInsider
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetHome_Bama View Post
Kingpin is going to have to take his promotor to court to force a dissolution of the contract or a buyout. He is running out of time.
Thats exactly what he is doing!!!! Since the Vitali fight, Star Boxing has lined up no name fight after no name fight for KJ......and all fell through!!!! The fight against C Davis (KJ fined $2,500 by Star Boxing) The fight with J. Long (fined $5,000) the fight against H Sconiers (fined $2,500)....Thats $10,000 KINGPIN was fined for fighting on unappproved shows per his contract, but Star Boxing WILL NOT put the money up to get him better opponents!!!!

Star Boxing lined up a fight in September for KJ against Andre Ward (the HW 0-0-1)???? Why??? Of course Ward was rejected by the commission, so Star Boxing scrapped the fight!!!

Boxing is all about politics and promotions.....Promoters want to line their pockets and dont give a **** about boxers or fans!!!!

Many boxers go through this, and this is why boxing is becoming a joke
Old 10-10-2011, 01:50 PM   #55
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 702

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingInsider View Post
Thats exactly what he is doing!!!! Since the Vitali fight, Star Boxing has lined up no name fight after no name fight for KJ......and all fell through!!!! The fight against C Davis (KJ fined $2,500 by Star Boxing) The fight with J. Long (fined $5,000) the fight against H Sconiers (fined $2,500)....Thats $10,000 KINGPIN was fined for fighting on unappproved shows per his contract, but Star Boxing WILL NOT put the money up to get him better opponents!!!!

Star Boxing lined up a fight in September for KJ against Andre Ward (the HW 0-0-1)???? Why??? Of course Ward was rejected by the commission, so Star Boxing scrapped the fight!!!

Boxing is all about politics and promotions.....Promoters want to line their pockets and dont give a **** about boxers or fans!!!!

Many boxers go through this, and this is why boxing is becoming a joke
Well, I agree that Star has screwed KJ, but take the 35K to fight Mitchell and pay the 3500 fine. Prove your'e a top HW. Take the 20K to fight Rodriguez, pay the 2500 fine to Star, but prove your'e a top HW.
Long, Davis, Sconiers........KJ made about 15K/fight roughly(if my math is correct) of that 45K, shouldn't star get roughly 4500+promotional costs(even if they didn't promote it). That's why they sued. They didn't get thier cut, so they came came for their dough.
Your'e right that promoters screw the game up, but they also make fights, so fighters sign with em to keep the fights coming. I got no doubt the reaosn for the latest list of opposition is not so much b/c they want to lock him down, but b/c he went around them and this is their way of getting even. It's BS yeah, but in the meantime fight.....keep getting sued, but keep fighting...the most they can take is 30%, and I'd rather he was fighting upncomers, journeymen and fellow pretenders than fighting the Dclass, Sconiers, Davis, and Long.
If he's gonna go behind his promoters back, make it a decent fight, decent purse, and a decent career builder.
chitownfightfan is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 04:34 PM   #56
praetorianJJ
Conqueror of Worlds
ESB Addict

vCash: 647

The division is in need of a traditional boxer. I like Chambers but he is an under-sized, under-powered cruiserweight. I don't care about Johnson KO percentage. I believe he has power when he decides to use it. And anyone denying that he is extremely talented can go back to making license plates. Yeah, he's an arrogant dick. Conceded. He bolo'd his only chance at a real title. Conceded. He is what's available. I had high hopes for Haye even though I am American. Thats not to say that I thought he was "the saviour of the division". I thought he filled that void I mentioned earlier. Now that he has apparently gone to ground, I have to pin my hopes back on Johnson. Not the hope that he will dethrone K2. I like both brothers and its nice to have two articulate, classy guys representing the division. But there is nothing wrong with pulling for someone else. And if Johnson ever matures, I think he's gonna be a force in the division.
praetorianJJ is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum