Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 10-10-2011, 11:17 AM   #1
pichuchu
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Is their such thing as a natural body weight?

I was just wondering this because i have a friend who finds it hard to lose and gain weight and me myself noticed that no matter how much i try and lose weight i will lose the weight but my body soon returns to around 60kg. When i eat whatever i want while the off season and gain extra Kg's my body manages to get down to around 60 without effort once training resumes. So the question is is their such thing as a weight where ur body naturally stays at and feels comfortable at?
Stupid question i know but cant find any solid infomation
pichuchu is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2011, 11:23 AM   #2
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Is their such thing as a natural body weight?

You may find a weight which you feel you perform best at, but there's no "natural weight" for anybody. Your weight depends on how many calories you consume. Simple as that.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 11:29 AM   #3
pichuchu
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
You may find a weight which you feel you perform best at, but there's no "natural weight" for anybody. Your weight depends on how many calories you consume. Simple as that.
Much apreciated virus
pichuchu is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 01:45 PM   #4
Juxhin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 95

i have the same situation.. im 63Kg and i wanna go down to 60-61. I go down to 60-61 then after a day rest i boom up to 63 again..
Juxhin is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 01:58 PM   #5
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juxhin View Post
I go down to 60-61 then after a day rest i boom up to 63 again..
You're talking about a small change there. Water weight, waste, food, clothes. Just a few factors that can make a small difference when you weigh yourself.

The whole natural weight thing is stupid really. If I consume 5000 calories a day I'm going to get fat and continue gaining weight, I won't just suddenly stop gaining weight at 170lbs because that's my "natural bodyweight". It makes no sense.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 02:01 PM   #6
Juxhin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

no no i never heard of this natural bodyweight to be honest. But it seems very strange losing 1-2Kg after a heavy session.. from 63 i go 61-62 sometimes if i do a Hell session i even go 60.5
Juxhin is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 02:04 PM   #7
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juxhin View Post
But it seems very strange losing 1-2Kg after a heavy session.. from 63 i go 61-62 sometimes if i do a Hell session i even go 60.5
Not at all. Our gym has no air conditioning. I easily lose that much weight purely from sweating on a hot day. This is why you shouldn't bother weighing yourself after training, it's a bad indicator or your true weight.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 02:17 PM   #8
MrSmall

Generally, yes, but only for the untrained population, and that is very vague. If you lift heavy for 5 years, gain 20kg, then stay at that weight for the next 15 years, is that your natural weight? If you eat a strict diet, do a LOT of cardio based training, keep your weight down at 70kg, is that your natural weight? You don't do any training, eat a bad diet, sit around all day, you are 100kg for the last 20 years, is that your natural weight?
Its a meaningless thing anyway, for competition you find a weight you are COMFORTABLE, CONFIDENT and ABLE at, that's the bottom line. If you think you're too heavy, lose some weight. You think you're too weak and small, put on some weight, that's all it is. People are too scared and tied to a number on a scale or on a page, that they won't see how their body feels at anything except what guys on internet forums say is a good weight for their height, or that weights will slow you down, or gaining 10kg will make you slower, etc etc etc.
MrSmall is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 02:29 PM   #9
Juxhin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
Not at all. Our gym has no air conditioning. I easily lose that much weight purely from sweating on a hot day. This is why you shouldn't bother weighing yourself after training, it's a bad indicator or your true weight.
hmm ok, ill keep that in mind
Juxhin is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 04:28 PM   #10
aramini
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Your body has a happy homeostasis weight: go below it, starvation conditions ensue. You'll still get fat with a surfiet of calories, but I do think some people tend to have a naturally more refined homeostatic mechanism, that will allow them very little fluctuation in weight (see Pac's fight night weights for the past 6 years - very close to 141-144 despite the amount of weight he had to lose to make 130 lbs. So his "natural size" now at this metabolic point in his life is near 144 lbs. If he puts on weight through eating, less exercises, a heavy weight program, then stops working out that way and stops overeatting, I bet his body would tend to naturally shrink back to that 144 lbs and not be able to stay below that for long even in the absence of huge meals.)
aramini is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 04:41 PM   #11
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
So his "natural size" now at this metabolic point in his life is near 144 lbs.
No. It means he consumes the correct amount of calories to maintain his current weight.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 04:58 PM   #12
aramini
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
No. It means he consumes the correct amount of calories to maintain his current weight.
so you deny homeostasis has any role in curtailing changes in weight??

I'm going to rip the following off from a web site, but he is going to have a range of weights that his body is MORE LIKELY to fluctuate between regardless if he starves himself for even a month or two. It's not just about the food he's eating.

"if there is a deficiency of one vitamin or mineral, the body will compensate for it by getting it from another area of the body or reduce the use of that vitamin or mineral. Most apparent illnesses or unwanted conditions that people are trying to solve with their health are actually over-compensations created by some kind of imbalance.
Excess fat is also a corrective measure taken by the body to compensate for both excesses and deficiencies. By taking care of the imbalances the excess fat is no longer needed.
What are the internal components of homeostasis?

1. Concentration of oxygen and carbon dioxide
    2. pH of the internal environment
    3. Concentration of nutrients and waste products
    4. Concentration of salt and other electrolytes
    5. Volume and pressure of extracellular fluid (extracellular fluid is the fluid that surrounds and bathes the cells)
These 5 points are the control points of one's metabolism. When any of these 5 points go out of balance the metabolism tries to correct it. In this correction, many side effects result. One of those side effects is excess fat!
Homeostasis uses the nervous system of the body to monitor these 5 measurements throughout the 11 systems of the body:

1. Muscular system
    2. Skeletal system
    3. Integumentary system (also known as the skin system)
    4. Respiratory system
    5. Digestive system
    6. Circulatory system
    7. Immune system
    8. Excretory system
    9. Nervous system
    10. Endocrine system
    11. Reproductive system
Each of these systems uses the nerves to communicate back and forth to the brain to provide information on how each system is doing in keeping its optimum level of survival.
As such, ANY imbalance in any system or if ANY of the five components of homeostasis goes out of balance, the metabolism of the organism alters to restore this imbalance.

Last edited by aramini; 10-10-2011 at 05:08 PM.
aramini is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 04:59 PM   #13
aramini
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
sometimes I feel like we disagree just to disagree. For real, no belief in homeostasis on your part? Weight is entirely dependent on caloric intake to you?

Biological systems have a buffer quality to avoid sharp changes in pH and spikes in harmful ion/charged particle concentrations, but once critical levels are reached, these things change quickly. The body is the same way: a bufferred system that does its best to ignore small changes and maintain a balance to preserve optimum living conditions the best that it can.
aramini is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing