Old 10-09-2011, 12:51 PM   #31
Pat$$$
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Potvetkin vs. Holyfield?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmboxer View Post
Povetkin will stop Holyfield. Sherman "The Tank" Williams beat Holyfield at the "Greenbrier", Holyfield quit claiming a cut, but the cut was small. What a joke!
Yup. Nobody gave Tank a chance, but he beat Holyfield that night. Everyone who saw the fight knows it.

This is a **** fight. We all agree!
Pat$$$ is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2011, 01:11 PM   #32
Robney
ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ
East Side VIP

vCash: 6423

There will be a lot of Americans here favouring Holy after Povetkin vs Chagaev, but I can't see Holyfield having much of a chance here.

If you've seen Holy against his last couple of opponents it's clear he's far and far gone and not even near the level of his last hurrah against Valuev (wich is already 3! years ago).

There's a huge difference between struggling against Chag, and having to take the backdoor out against Williams.
Robney is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 01:43 PM   #33
Samurai's Slice
ESB Legend
East Side Guru

Location: Follow my blog, Boxing Legends on Facebook for the most up to date boxing news!
vCash: 163

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cachibatches View Post
Sad, **** fight really.

I guess Holy needs the money, and I don't blame Povetkin for cashing in. But after this, he has to fight a Klit or **** him.
I agree. Povetkin needs to step up. He needs to continue fighting guys like Chambers and Chageav. I don't push Klit yet but first how about Helenius? I really disrespect him for fighting and beating the hell out of a guy who was a legend that in his prime would have destroyed him, just like Khan-Barrera.
Samurai's Slice is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 01:45 PM   #34
Samurai's Slice
ESB Legend
East Side Guru

Location: Follow my blog, Boxing Legends on Facebook for the most up to date boxing news!
vCash: 163

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robney View Post
There will be a lot of Americans here favouring Holy after Povetkin vs Chagaev, but I can't see Holyfield having much of a chance here.

If you've seen Holy against his last couple of opponents it's clear he's far and far gone and not even near the level of his last hurrah against Valuev (wich is already 3! years ago).

There's a huge difference between struggling against Chag, and having to take the backdoor out against Williams.
A shot Botha was ahead on the scorecards when he got stopped. Common sense is Holy will get destroyed by Povetkin
Samurai's Slice is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 01:57 PM   #35
chico g
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1038

Povetkin should easily outbox Holyfield, i expect the fight to go the full distance. I like Alexander, but i wish he had more power....
chico g is online now  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 04:27 PM   #36
Pat$$$
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai's Slice View Post
A shot Botha was ahead on the scorecards when he got stopped. Common sense is Holy will get destroyed by Povetkin
I just hope he doesn't get really hurt. But someone said below that Potvetkin outboxes Holyfield, I would say that rather Potvetkin will outspeed Holyfield and beat him to the punch on sheer youth!
Pat$$$ is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 04:32 PM   #37
The Phenom
TitoTrinidad Take Me Home
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

If Povetkin is a worthy champion he will bomb Holyfield out in three or less.
The Phenom is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 04:40 PM   #38
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Ehh...I hope Holyfield gets taken out quickly, or dominated. Maybe, although it's very unlikely with his expenses, then he'll retire from the sport.
Thread Stealer is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 05:56 PM   #39
chitownfightfan
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1231

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai's Slice View Post
I agree. Povetkin needs to step up. He needs to continue fighting guys like Chambers and Chageav. I don't push Klit yet but first how about Helenius? I really disrespect him for fighting and beating the hell out of a guy who was a legend that in his prime would have destroyed him, just like Khan-Barrera.
Helenius is eyeing Potvetkin, but Sasha has to fight his mandatory next, which judging the buzz in the WBA is going to be the winner of a Rahman/ Arreola eliminator.
I think Potvetkin will beat Holy, carrying him for rounds(extra advertising $$$), then fight Arreola(winner of the eliminator), beat Arreola in a decision, outboxing the relentless, but defensless ameriCAN, then go after another voluntary, perhaps Meehan if he is still rated by the WBA by late next year.

As far as I'm concerned, Potvetkin can claim that title for 3-4 yrs without ever having to fight Helenius, Wlad, or Vitali.

Haye on the other hand is a WBA god, and if he would simply accept the elminator with Rahman or Arreola, he could mandate a fight with Potvetkin and get his rematch with Wladimir.......or........ go on to defend the fake WBA belt vs the likes of Meehan, Rahman, McCall, Dimitrenko, and hell, why not throw in an Audley rematch for good measure.
chitownfightfan is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 05:59 PM   #40
KINGOFTHE1ROUND
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 337

Povetkin comes in chubby and out of shape. Has no stamina by rounds 6 and 7,Evander scores a late TKO and wins.
KINGOFTHE1ROUND is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 08:59 PM   #41
Cachibatches
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGOFTHE1ROUND View Post
Povetkin comes in chubby and out of shape. Has no stamina by rounds 6 and 7,Evander scores a late TKO and wins.
Uh, for all his faults, Povetkin has one of the highest punch volumes throughout an entire fight. That is objective fact.

I appreciate your enthusiasm for Holy- we all love the guy, but this is just incorrect, and by a mile.
Cachibatches is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 08:25 PM   #42
Pat$$$
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGOFTHE1ROUND View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cachibatches View Post
Uh, for all his faults, Povetkin has one of the highest punch volumes throughout an entire fight. That is objective fact.

I appreciate your enthusiasm for Holy- we all love the guy, but this is just incorrect, and by a mile.
I think he was joking!
Pat$$$ is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 08:30 PM   #43
nahkis
Robbed

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robney View Post
No way even the Americans are that stupid. Holyfield has absolutely no chance here. A **** fight i will still probably watch because it's from a friendly time-zone.
nahkis is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 10:15 PM   #44
KINGOFTHE1ROUND
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 337

I still think Evander will beat Povetkin. Povetkin is not a hard puncher and he is not too fast. He will underestimate Evander too and once again,an old guy will **** on Teddy Atlas. Evander should retire win or lose after this match.
KINGOFTHE1ROUND is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum