Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-09-2011, 06:36 PM   #121
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1900
Default Re: will Kell Brook smash polish glass this saturday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli View Post
Do you believe thats happening tho?

There gunna send him to the USA in 8 weeks for a 'big fight' with a big name? Not at all
Eddie Hearns is no ***** he gets big fights done.
Relentless is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2011, 07:42 PM   #122
Honor
Bóg i Ojczyzna
ESB Full Member

vCash: 642

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishPummler View Post
Brook will flop his hands around like a bitch not land anything and the ref will stop the fight.

Many a overhyped British career are based on BS ref stoppages.
I expected this to happen. British boxing is fooled around by BS stoppages. Thats why so many of thier hyped up prospects get such good rankings so soon and than flump to the bottom so quick due to the undeserving-ness of their whole careers. Its been happening so much lately, that its to the point where British Boxing disgusts me as much as German boxing does. To the recent Fury fight, to the MAB-Khan fight, to the recent Nathan Cleverly fight, and now this fight. The lists go on and the numbers speak for themselves, if you can't see a pattern here that is unfair and truly undeserving than your just a nationalistic fanboy. The British Boxing Board should PROHIBIT British referees in fights that are prestegious. Refs like Howard Foster and Ian John Lewis are damaging the sport with thier poor officiating.

I was actually thinking about betting on this fight on the over 8 rounds, but than I realized that the fight was in the UK, reffed by a UK official, and decided to call it off. Seems like I made the right choice.

Knew Rafal wouldn't have the biggest chances of winning, but Rafal would of defiantly lasted the distance, its just the politics didn't let him.
Honor is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 07:45 PM   #123
dendy
no easy way out
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli View Post
Do you believe thats happening tho?

There gunna send him to the USA in 8 weeks for a 'big fight' with a big name? Not at all
Hearn says a "big name" i said top quality opponent, which i believe is achievable.
dendy is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 07:50 PM   #124
dendy
no easy way out
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honor View Post
I expected this to happen. British boxing is fooled around by BS stoppages. Thats why so many of thier hyped up prospects get such good rankings so soon and than flump to the bottom so quick due to the undeserving-ness of their whole careers. Its been happening so much lately, that its to the point where British Boxing disgusts me as much as German boxing does. To the recent Fury fight, to the MAB-Khan fight, to the recent Nathan Cleverly fight, and now this fight. The lists go on and the numbers speak for themselves, if you can't see a pattern here that is unfair and truly undeserving than your just a nationalistic fanboy. The British Boxing Board should PROHIBIT British referees in fights that are prestegious. Refs like Howard Foster and Ian John Lewis are damaging the sport with thier poor officiating.

I was actually thinking about betting on this fight on the over 8 rounds, but than I realized that the fight was in the UK, reffed by a UK official, and decided to call it off. Seems like I made the right choice.

Knew Rafal wouldn't have the biggest chances of winning, but Rafal would of defiantly lasted the distance, its just the politics didn't let him.
I agree with your opinion mostly.. However, Rafal has great durability but on Saturday his punch out put was dangerously low and I believe kel would have stopped him on his feet in the later rounds.. And instead of a dubious stoppage it would have been necessary as he was taking too many blows without firing back..
dendy is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 08:03 PM   #125
Honor
Bóg i Ojczyzna
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dendy View Post
I agree with your opinion mostly.. However, Rafal has great durability but on Saturday his punch out put was dangerously low and I believe kel would have stopped him on his feet in the later rounds.. And instead of a dubious stoppage it would have been necessary as he was taking too many blows without firing back..
Doesn't matter. Rafal's in ring name isn't "Warrior" for shits and giggles. The man has never been stopped, and at least to my knowledge has never even been KD'D. Plus he had 9 losses to his name. Almost 50 fights.

Rafal's whole style is based on durability, stamina and picking up the heat in the second half of the fight. Stamina and boxing wise hes a mini Michalczewski. He fights bouts from round 12 to 1, not from 1 to 12. Rafal would of done more work in the second half of the fight, defiantly. Not saying Rafal would of won, which imo, I don't think he would of cause the skillset between the 2 fighters was pretty unbalanced, but down the road, Rafal would of been able to handle his own. He's a fighter that fights on instinct, not game plan.

Once again, it was a bullshit stoppage, and Rafal deserved a few more rounds at the very least.
Honor is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2011, 04:08 PM   #126
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honor View Post
Doesn't matter. Rafal's in ring name isn't "Warrior" for shits and giggles. The man has never been stopped, and at least to my knowledge has never even been KD'D. Plus he had 9 losses to his name. Almost 50 fights.

Rafal's whole style is based on durability, stamina and picking up the heat in the second half of the fight. Stamina and boxing wise hes a mini Michalczewski. He fights bouts from round 12 to 1, not from 1 to 12. Rafal would of done more work in the second half of the fight, defiantly. Not saying Rafal would of won, which imo, I don't think he would of cause the skillset between the 2 fighters was pretty unbalanced, but down the road, Rafal would of been able to handle his own. He's a fighter that fights on instinct, not game plan.

Once again, it was a bullshit stoppage, and Rafal deserved a few more rounds at the very least.
if he wqas such a warrior why was he scared to throw punches?
Relentless is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2011, 04:16 PM   #127
Wiesiek
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Kell Brook Decimated glass hearted polish national hero

Rafal is done. This was his second fight where he looked like he was scared, not throwing punches. I guess that round 6th against Rodriguez took the spirit out of him.
Wiesiek is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2011, 04:23 PM   #128
Honor
Bóg i Ojczyzna
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relentless View Post
if he wqas such a warrior why was he scared to throw punches?
He wasn't scared he just wasn't good enough to deal with that type of boxing style, thus he looked lost - like a kid in a candyshop. Plus like I said before, Rafal fights from round 12 to 1, not from 1 to 12, i'm sure he would of defiantly picked up some meaningful punches whilst the fight progressed, but the corruption in the UK didn't allow him to. A shame.
Honor is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2011, 04:31 PM   #129
DOM5153
They Cannot Run Forever
East Side Guru

vCash: 7562

If you dont punch back then you only have yourself to blame, especially in a British ring with a highly touted prospect, our refs will step in at the slightest hint of a fighter getting overwhelmed, they even stretch as far as mercy stoppages if a fighter is out of there depth.
DOM5153 is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2011, 04:54 PM   #130
Honor
Bóg i Ojczyzna
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOM5153 View Post
If you dont punch back then you only have yourself to blame, especially in a British ring with a highly touted prospect, our refs will step in at the slightest hint of a fighter getting overwhelmed, they even stretch as far as mercy stoppages if a fighter is out of there depth.
So you are actually defending this farce of a stoppage?
Honor is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2011, 05:07 PM   #131
One Round
Hertfordshire's Finest
ESB Senior Member

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
One Round is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2011, 05:12 PM   #132
dragor
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Are funny british excuses about ref who was blind/stupid or smth . I dont care , Jackiewicz is a dush.
dragor is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum