Old 10-11-2011, 06:31 PM   #61
kommieforniaglo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Robert Garcia Rips Freddie Roach Over Donaire Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom_Boom View Post
Roach wanted to train Nonito after he spilt with his father but Nonito declined because he felt if he did so he would be shadowing Pacquiao's legacy instead of making one of his own.
Could be that Nonito is now rolling with Garcia Gym peeps (IE: Margarito and Rios)

also IE:
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
kommieforniaglo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2011, 06:34 PM   #62
stormy
Live and Learn
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPBF View Post
>“He is either damn lucky or the cornermen of his last four opponents are just plain dumb,” Roach told the Manila Times while running Manny Pacquiao’s training camp in Baguio City, Philippines.* “He used that same left hook to knockout [Vic] Darchinyan, [Wladimir] Sidorenko, [Hernan] Marquez and [Fernando] Montiel."

Is this a rip? Because what Roach is saying is pretty true over here. Are you supposed to get angry?

Because if we remember things, Manny was KO'ing guys with only his straight left back then. And then Roach admitted he messed up when he found out guys like Marquez and Morales could neutralize the straight left. The guy he's ripping are Donaire's opponent's trainers.

Roach is saying that if he was the trainer vs Donaire, he'd make sure that left hook becomes a non-factor.

If anybody's attacking anybody, Garcia is the one doing it by saying Linares and Khan are nothing, while Pacquiao is the only one Roach has that's of any worth. But I'm pretty sure Khan and Pacquiao are worth more money, and Roach rebuilt Pacquiao and Khan from vastly different versions of them when they were young. And he's doing this with over 10 boxers in his stable in a very sweaty gym.

Why are all you guys up in an uproar? Did the guy who tell that to Robert Garcia even say it in the proper context, or mislead him by making it look like Roach was talking **** on Donaire?

Stop it with the trainer drama. We already have drama queen superstars that won't fight each other.
quoted for truth and reading comprehension

But one part of that storyline tells just what is on Garcias mind....the award at the end of the year for Best Boxing Trainer. He thinks he has a shot at it and is worried that Roach will try and steal it from him with a few words here and there somehow. Hes a nice enough guy and i hope he does well,but needs to learn to shrug things off i think.
stormy is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2011, 06:36 PM   #63
DobyZhee
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom_Boom View Post
roach is speaking the truth

anyone want to make a claim against it then state your case rather than "Roach is full of ****"
Roach is a hater, but he's EARNED the right to talk sh*t.

funny how he also managed not only to insult Garcia but the other 4 trainers who lost to him as well..
DobyZhee is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2011, 06:42 PM   #64
stormy
Live and Learn
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommieforniaglo View Post

Well didnt that cheating glove loading SOB re****ed mexican get his beans good and proper when he steped into the ring with Manny. Beaten by a guy whose trainer je mocked. Roach got the last laugh . Can some one put up a picture of Marjories face after he fought Pacman jajjaja paybacks are a beetch punk
stormy is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2011, 06:44 PM   #65
KnuckleUp99
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by cangryman View Post
Robert Garcia replied to recent comments from Freddie Roach disparaging the trainer’s prized pupil, unified bantamweight champion Nonito Donaire.

“Nonito’s looked sensational for those last four fights, and I just happened to start working in his corner for those fights,” Garcia told *********** in an exclusive interview.* “Interesting, right?* He knows that everybody believes in him being an expert in boxing, and he knows that the end of the year is coming.

“With that said, a lot of people are already thinking about Robert Garcia being Trainer of the Year so he wants to say something like that so people start thinking, ‘Oh, Robert’s not that great.’* That’s my only guess.”

The Oxnard, California-based Garcia took exception to Roach’s assessment of Donaire, who has risen to the upper half of most pound-for-pound rankings.

“He is either damn lucky or the cornermen of his last four opponents are just plain dumb,” Roach told the Manila Times while running Manny Pacquiao’s training camp in Baguio City, Philippines.* “He used that same left hook to knockout [Vic] Darchinyan, [Wladimir] Sidorenko, [Hernan] Marquez and [Fernando] Montiel."

Garcia, who has been traveling between both halves of the Golden State this month training WBA lightweight champ Brandon Rios, featherweight contender Mikey Garcia, and Donaire among others, addressed Roach’s quote with a question of his own.

“What’s wrong with a fighter winning a lot of fights with a left hook to the body?” he asked.* “Nonito’s been knocking opponents out with the left hook.* Well, he does have a powerful left hook, but that doesn’t mean that’s the only punch he throws.* We practice everything, and he knows Nonito’s looked sensational.

“He’s just talking sh*t.* He wishes he had Nonito.* Who else does he have besides Manny [Pacquiao]?* [Jorge] Linares?* [Amir] Khan will get destroyed if he fights [Floyd] Mayweather.* He wishes he had Donaire.”

Roach also opined that Donaire would “not stand a chance” against featherweight kingpin Yuriorkis Gamboa, even adding, “That Cuban will kill him.”

“That wouldn’t happen,” Garcia said in response.* “If Nonito were to fight Gamboa, I’m not saying it’s going to be easy, but he would find a way how to control the fight.* Nonito’s two or three inches taller than Gamboa.* He has the reach advantage.

“It’s still a year away, but why wouldn’t he have a chance? All this talk is just somebody knowing that the end of the year is coming where people start giving trainers credit and he just wants to make us look bad.”
Bad blood is still boiling in Freddie. The jokes Robert made and apologized for hasn't done much to have Roach overlook what was said. I think its more hate towards Garcia than Nonito....he's a great fighter and will continue to prove it. If doniare carries up speed, power and reflexes I'd favor him over Gamboa.
KnuckleUp99 is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2011, 06:50 PM   #66
kommieforniaglo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy View Post
Well didnt that cheating glove loading SOB re****ed mexican get his beans good and proper when he steped into the ring with Manny. Beaten by a guy whose trainer je mocked. Roach got the last laugh . Can some one put up a picture of Marjories face after he fought Pacman jajjaja paybacks are a beetch punk

kommieforniaglo is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2011, 07:02 PM   #67
killjoy408
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPBF View Post
>“He is either damn lucky or the cornermen of his last four opponents are just plain dumb,” Roach told the Manila Times while running Manny Pacquiao’s training camp in Baguio City, Philippines.* “He used that same left hook to knockout [Vic] Darchinyan, [Wladimir] Sidorenko, [Hernan] Marquez and [Fernando] Montiel."

Is this a rip? Because what Roach is saying is pretty true over here. Are you supposed to get angry?

Because if we remember things, Manny was KO'ing guys with only his straight left back then. And then Roach admitted he messed up when he found out guys like Marquez and Morales could neutralize the straight left. The guy he's ripping are Donaire's opponent's trainers.

Roach is saying that if he was the trainer vs Donaire, he'd make sure that left hook becomes a non-factor.

If anybody's attacking anybody, Garcia is the one doing it by saying Linares and Khan are nothing, while Pacquiao is the only one Roach has that's of any worth. But I'm pretty sure Khan and Pacquiao are worth more money, and Roach rebuilt Pacquiao and Khan from vastly different versions of them when they were young. And he's doing this with over 10 boxers in his stable in a very sweaty gym.

Why are all you guys up in an uproar? Did the guy who tell that to Robert Garcia even say it in the proper context, or mislead him by making it look like Roach was talking **** on Donaire?

Stop it with the trainer drama. We already have drama queen superstars that won't fight each other.
yea, I don't see him ripping Donaire either, only the way he is being trained.

I personally think Freddie Roach is baiting Donaire, trying to steal him or fish him away from Garcia by criticizing his corner. my .02
killjoy408 is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2011, 07:53 PM   #68
crimson
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

I was laughing at Margarito.

I wonder if he thinks it is funny as I do.
crimson is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2011, 02:02 AM   #69
stormy
Live and Learn
ESB Addict

Quote:

thanks man,it just puts Margs clowning around into perspective. He should of learned a lesson for acting like he did. Thats what you get for acting like he did.Justice served. Case closed.
stormy is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2011, 02:08 AM   #70
LE0N
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Roach:
Emmanuel
Khan
Linares
Vanes
Chavez Jr

Garcia:
Margaritoe
Rios
Donaire

Emmanuel over Margaritoe
Khan or Linares over Rios
Chavez Jr or Vanes over Donaire
LE0N is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2011, 02:10 AM   #71
Diggersan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I don't buy this bull****, the phillipine media has been trying to start **** with donaire for the longest time. They will do a lot to discredit him.
Diggersan is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2011, 02:21 AM   #72
stormy
Live and Learn
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggersan View Post
I don't buy this bull****, the phillipine media has been trying to start **** with donaire for the longest time. They will do a lot to discredit him.
But no one said anything against Garcia or Donaire?? If anything it was only about the other trainers not coming up with an adequate gameplan to nuetralise the hook that he had knocked the last 4-5 opponents out with.Whats hard to see about that??
stormy is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2011, 02:25 AM   #73
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

Roach studied with one of the greatest boxing trainers ever, the great Eddie Futch!!! By the way, only a roach will survive a nuclear war, no joke!
Farmboxer is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2011, 04:32 AM   #74
Slacker
Big & Slow
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ech110 View Post
Really? Maybe you missed the incident were Garcia, Margo, and Rios were all making fun of Roach. I can totally understand why Roach would dislike him.

Mocking a person with a debilitating and life threatening disease is low. It makes the three of them scum in my book.
Slacker is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2011, 05:51 AM   #75
danieljenkins
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I can't stand Freddie ! Put your ego in check you ****
danieljenkins is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum