Old 10-09-2011, 01:18 PM   #91
Spooner21
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Question about lifting

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramini View Post
wow that is some serious strength to weight ratio. sweet lord. need to look up his height - did his chest go out to his elbows?
keep in mind that is with a bench shirt on. the biggest RAW bench in history is by scott mendelson at 715. mendelson benches into the low thousands with his bench shirt on
Spooner21 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2011, 08:33 PM   #92
Windigo
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post
Care to share any of this research on intramuscular fat? I had a look at a number of databases for something to support what you were saying about it in the other thread and I couldn't find a single thing.
If you think intramuscular fat is the scientific term you're hopeless. I'm not surprised you search turned up nothing. But if you read with a little keener eye I did use some of the terms that would have put you on more of a correct track. The fact that you suck at research is no concern of mine. You should have been able to find the correct scientific term for intramuscular fat and the metabolism of intramuscular fat(which I actually used in my post) rather quickly if you were making any real effort. Your shitty search is either proof of lack of skill or that you were just engaging in confirmation bias.

Quote:
It's not for the reason you think it is and whoever told you that intramuscular fat is important for strength doesn't know what they're talking about, they've connected two things together that don't go together. You claim that athletes store more intramuscular fat, and that's true when it comes to endurance athletes.
Care to share any of this research that shows that intramuscular fat is only used for endurance exercise. You say that I am talking out of my ass but you are wrongly assuming that all fat metabolism is in response to low intensity aerobic and therefor the metabolism of intramuscular fat is in response to aerobic exercise. That is false. It takes a very very very long amount of extended aerobic exercise to get epinephrine levels high enough to dip into intramuscular fat stores. Its primary function is for quick explosive energy. You made an incorrect assumption.

The lipolsys if intramuscular fat will usually occur in response to intense exercise, weight lifting, sprinting etc. The muscles will only produce the enzymes needed for intramuscular liposys in response to extremely elevated Epinephrine levels.

Epinephrine as usual controls everything. How your body responds to exercise will be dictated by epinephrine. It is the marker that the body uses to determine just what the body is doing and how it needs to adapt.

That is one of the reasons that intramuscular fat is considered so bad by many. It is extremely hard to burn. Diet alone will not do it. Without intense exercise or extremely prolonged exercise it will not be metabolized.

Its time you go back to school.

Last edited by Windigo; 10-09-2011 at 08:47 PM.
Windigo is offline  Top
Old 10-09-2011, 08:41 PM   #93
Windigo
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooner21 View Post
keep in mind that is with a bench shirt on. the biggest RAW bench in history is by scott mendelson at 715. mendelson benches into the low thousands with his bench shirt on
Mendelson is a lot bigger than Halbert. Comparing the two is like apples and oranges. I think that most powerlifters give the relative edge to Halbert given his success in so many weight classes.
Windigo is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2011, 12:55 PM   #94
Spooner21
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windigo View Post
Mendelson is a lot bigger than Halbert. Comparing the two is like apples and oranges. I think that most powerlifters give the relative edge to Halbert given his success in so many weight classes.
oh i know the pound for pound thing. id planned on competing in a powerlifting meet this summer before i tore an ab deadlifting. i just wanted to clear up that the shirt is adding on alot more then he can do raw, it just sounded like the guy didnt know about bench shirts
Spooner21 is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2011, 03:19 PM   #95
MrSmall
Journeyman

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6B_rE2J3Iw[/ame]
MrSmall is offline  Top
Old 10-11-2011, 09:19 PM   #96
vibit
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 920

I guess nerds probably prefer the term triacylglycerols or triglycerides, instead of 'fat' since it's too broad of a term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post
Care to share any of this research on intramuscular fat? I had a look at a number of databases for something to support what you were saying about it in the other thread and I couldn't find a single thing. What you're saying about intramuscular fat makes no sense. I don't think you understand the human body at all, you're trying to apply something complex to something that isn't actually that complex. Instead of listening and believing whatever your mentor says how about learning some things for yourself? It's a fine line between having enough macronutrients for what you need and not having enough, it's far worse for an athletes performance to have too little. That's why you see strong powerlifters and olympic lifters with a bit of visible fat on them alot of the time.
It's not for the reason you think it is and whoever told you that intramuscular fat is important for strength doesn't know what they're talking about, they've connected two things together that don't go together. You claim that athletes store more intramuscular fat, and that's true when it comes to endurance athletes.
vibit is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing