Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 10-12-2011, 08:50 AM   #226
gregluland
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Flamengo's Top 25 Aboriginal Fighters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarci View Post
I think anthony mundine should have bee rated higher, why so low? He isnt the most popular guy is he?
He is much closer to most unpopular, but he was disliked a lot before he ever went to boxing due to dummy spitting when he missed the selection for the Australian team, as a result, Mundine told the nation that he was the greatest all-round athlete the world has ever seen,... and he told us that he was much better than the great Brad Fittler (he wasn't even close to freddies ability)....... then he commited the unforgivable sin saying that he was so great that he was superior to the greatest sportsman to ever live..... "Our DONNN Bradmannnn, I ask you, "is he any good" ???"........... that was just sooooooo unbelievable we were demanding he get mental help after that little gem... Mate, it was like a bow and arrow comparing itself to the Hydrogen Bomb,.... Then he said he was Ali and Robinson rolled into one,................... before his first ever fight !!!
gregluland is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2011, 09:09 AM   #227
gregluland
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamengo View Post
I like Bennett against Olivares and Zarate for sure... Two dynamite bangers that brought the fight to you.. Perfect for Elley who packed more dynamite. Carruthers' size and southpaw stance might trouble Olivares.. I'd like to see Carruthers and Takeo Sakurai.. Both Southies.. Both banged well enough.

I honestly dont fancy Fenech against any legit Bantam. The OLDEST possible version of Zarate was getting on top of Fenech before the 'out of harms way' cut closed the bout.

Ferreri vs Carruthers.
Fenech was still pretty raw at Bantam, a couple of pounds heavier and he was neare his prime,... my main fault with Jeff was his short amount of fights...... like Ray Leonard and Tszyu as well....... from what my own eyes tell me all three were phenomenal of course, but the guys with less than 40 fights are really hard to rank on ATG lists.... even Ray. My eyes tell me that Ray was a genius..... but considering the tiny amount of film pre-WW2, I can see that there were an massive amount of fighters who would look as impressive if only. --------------------------- Imagine the skills we would see of Abe Attell, Johnny Kilbane,... Non Pariel Dempsey,... Griffo.... Peter jackson...Greb.... Klaus....Jerry Jerome. O'Brien,,,, Tommy Uren,,,,,,,, Johnny Dundee, Man I would bet 55 to 1 that we have missed out on sooooooooooooooooo much.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:15 AM   #228
gregluland
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
talk about giving your family a rap
Well I wouldn't mess with them genetics, they sound a little dangerous.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum