Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-12-2011, 05:03 PM   #1
AP3RE2
El Ausente
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1433
Default Loaded hand wraps question (Trinidad/Margarito)

With the Cotto/Margarito rematch only a few weeks away, a lot is being said about Margarito's loaded wraps. He has taken a lot of shit from boxing fans about it and will always be stained with the mark of a cheater. But didn't Trinidad use loaded wraps as well? Why isn't that brought up or talked about as much as with Margarito. My thoughts are that the fact that Margarito was suspended for it has a lot to do with the high level of criticism.
AP3RE2 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2011, 05:15 PM   #2
rayhogan
Dont worry Pac, you wont
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Loaded hand wraps question (Trinidad/Margarito)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP3RE2 View Post
With the Cotto/Margarito rematch only a few weeks away, a lot is being said about Margarito's loaded wraps. He has taken a lot of shit from boxing fans about it and will always be stained with the mark of a cheater. But didn't Trinidad use loaded wraps as well? Why isn't that brought up or talked about as much as with Margarito. My thoughts are that the fact that Margarito was suspended for it has a lot to do with the high level of criticism.
Because in ny, Trinidad has to wrap a different way in which i heard so he didnt do anything illegal while Margarito did. It's not so hard to figure that out. When Trinidad fought Mayorga in nyc, the commision, mayorga trainer was there very closely to look at trinidad wrap and everything was good.
rayhogan is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2011, 05:16 PM   #3
freddy-wak
M O D E R A T O R
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP3RE2 View Post
margos trainer inserted an old pad into margos knuckle pad...

trinis dad would make his fist into cast by wrapping tremendous amounts of gauze and tape gauze and tape, over and over again....said he's always done that....bouie fisher, naz richardson and bhop said that what trini would do, was like getting hit by a baseball bat....look it up, there's a good read on it online

juanma got busted for the same shit...
freddy-wak is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2011, 05:17 PM   #4
AP3RE2
El Ausente
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayhogan View Post
Because in ny, Trinidad has to wrap a different way in which i heard so he didnt do anything illegal while Margarito did. It's not so hard to figure that out. When Trinidad fought Mayorga in nyc, the commision, mayorga trainer was there very closely to look at trinidad wrap and everything was good.
So what happend in the Hopkins fight?
AP3RE2 is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2011, 05:19 PM   #5
StillWill
Dr. Eisenfaust
ESB Addict

vCash: 174

Interviewer:"I talked to William Joppy before his last fight and he brought up an issue that Trinidad's people wrapped Tito's hand illegally and that is why he lost. He said that your people caught Trinidad illegally wrapping his hands. Can you tell us what happened?

Bouie Fisher: I tell you, Ike. They have been getting away with that for a long time. I sent my people to Trinidad's locker room to make sure everything was right. When they got there they came back to me and told me that Trinidad's left hand was wrapped before they got there. So, I had to go over to his dressing room myself, this is my business and I have been doing it for over 50 years. When I got there I told them to unwrap the hand and do it over because we need to see the hand being wrapped. They refused to unwrap the hands so I told them I guess the fight will not happen then, we can reschedule to another date. The officials came in and said we don't have time to do this over. I told them, well we must do this right or no fight. They know the rules, no tape on the skin or tape on the ankle. His left hand was heavy just like your camera. Guess what, the officials then said you can go and wrap Bernard hands anyway you want. Trinidad's father and his people didn't want to make the change because they knew they cheated and they tried to cover it up by asking me to wrap Bernard's hands anyway we wish. I wasn't going for that, we have to do this right, they raised hell like you couldn't believe. I said you can do it your way, but there will be no fight if you don't do it right. They said we are going to leave it as it is, so I told them we can reschedule the fight untill next week. They didn't want to do that. This is why we had a delay coming out. When they saw Bernard they tried to ask us to take off just a little tape, but they had a half roll of tape on Trinidad's left hand. This is why people say he has a good left hook. David Reid paid a big price, Trinidad took away the fighter in him. David Reids people were trying to schedule a fight with Bernard and it could have happened if Reid would have won his last fight. I'm glad it never happened."
StillWill is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2011, 05:23 PM   #6
AP3RE2
El Ausente
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy-wak View Post

trinis dad would make his fist into cast by wrapping tremendous amounts of gauze and tape gauze and tape, over and over again....said he's always done that....bouie fisher, naz richardson and bhop said that what trini would do, was like getting hit by a baseball bat....look it up, there's a good read on it online

So a cheater is a cheater is a cheater...
AP3RE2 is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2011, 05:24 PM   #7
rayhogan
Dont worry Pac, you wont
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillWill View Post
Interviewer:"I talked to William Joppy before his last fight and he brought up an issue that Trinidad's people wrapped Tito's hand illegally and that is why he lost. He said that your people caught Trinidad illegally wrapping his hands. Can you tell us what happened?

Bouie Fisher: I tell you, Ike. They have been getting away with that for a long time. I sent my people to Trinidad's locker room to make sure everything was right. When they got there they came back to me and told me that Trinidad's left hand was wrapped before they got there. So, I had to go over to his dressing room myself, this is my business and I have been doing it for over 50 years. When I got there I told them to unwrap the hand and do it over because we need to see the hand being wrapped. They refused to unwrap the hands so I told them I guess the fight will not happen then, we can reschedule to another date. The officials came in and said we don't have time to do this over. I told them, well we must do this right or no fight. They know the rules, no tape on the skin or tape on the ankle. His left hand was heavy just like your camera. Guess what, the officials then said you can go and wrap Bernard hands anyway you want. Trinidad's father and his people didn't want to make the change because they knew they cheated and they tried to cover it up by asking me to wrap Bernard's hands anyway we wish. I wasn't going for that, we have to do this right, they raised hell like you couldn't believe. I said you can do it your way, but there will be no fight if you don't do it right. They said we are going to leave it as it is, so I told them we can reschedule the fight untill next week. They didn't want to do that. This is why we had a delay coming out. When they saw Bernard they tried to ask us to take off just a little tape, but they had a half roll of tape on Trinidad's left hand. This is why people say he has a good left hook. David Reid paid a big price, Trinidad took away the fighter in him. David Reids people were trying to schedule a fight with Bernard and it could have happened if Reid would have won his last fight. I'm glad it never happened."
If Trinidad dad wrap the same way all the time then Trinidad wouldn't been in jail a long time ago dont you think?
rayhogan is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2011, 05:25 PM   #8
Stinky gloves
Champion
East Side Guru

So fully loaded Margo vs fully loaded Tito at 147

who you think will get it?
Stinky gloves is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2011, 05:26 PM   #9
rayhogan
Dont worry Pac, you wont
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy-wak View Post

What you trying to say that Trinidad really cheated but Margarito didnt?
rayhogan is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2011, 05:28 PM   #10
nastynas
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Hopkins trainer raised a fuss b/c Trinidad put tape directly on his skin.

Margarito put a hardened pad over his knuckles and his wraps were dipped in a plasterlike substance.
nastynas is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2011, 05:37 PM   #11
Antwuan Maxx
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote from Nazim Richardson in Ring Magazine a while back

Quote:
" Trinidad was an abrasion against the rules. Margaritio downright had a weapon. There is a difference when you say you are playing chess and have your men lined up differently, as opposed to having an extra man on the board. Margarito tried to bring extra men. He had an ACTUAL SQUARE BLOCK OF PLASTER OF PARIS in his knuckle pad. Margarito had a strip over the back of his hand, around his thumb and wrapped two or three times down to the wrist. They told me it was because of a previous injury was why they wrapped it that way. One look and you could tell it wasn't right.

We went back and forth about that. Margaritio's coach said that he expected this out of me because of the Trinidad thing I guess. The original arguement was about the tape being directly on the skin, where it's supposed to be gauze. they went and got one of the Commissioners, and they got the tape off and and asked that Margaritio's people start wrapping Margarito's hand again. Margarito had the left hand done. I saw that but I noticed this pad on a table next to Margarito and when I picked it up to check it out, I noticed it was kinda hard. when I handed the knuckle pad over to the chief commissioner, A BLOCK fell out. I couldn't believe it. I picked up the block. That when I wanted to approve the other hand. They had to take the wraps off the left hand and A BLOCK falls out of the padding of that hand too. I was sitting with these two blocks in my hand. The commission wants them, and I said no way. I told them I was going to give them to anyone but Shane Mosely's lawyer. I put the blocks in a box and handed them to Judd Bernstein"
Antwuan Maxx is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2011, 05:38 PM   #12
Mr. Sandman
27-2 (21 KO)
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Cheato Triniwraps is a ****ing disgrace.
Mr. Sandman is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2011, 05:38 PM   #13
cangryman
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1454

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLt4cnV1X7o[/ame]
cangryman is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2011, 05:57 PM   #14
Rudyard
**** How You Feel!! HOE!
East Side VIP

vCash: 160

Two different things IMO...Tito had too much tape on his hands from what I've gathered...Margorito loaded up with a foriegn substance in his wraps.
Rudyard is offline  Top
Old 10-12-2011, 06:01 PM   #15
GTSK
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 200

Two cheatos but they can sure take a beating
GTSK is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum