Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 10-12-2011, 11:26 PM   #46
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: have we ever produced a legendary boxer, i dont know say someone the ilk of calza

Yea my bad Noels dad Trev fought Eddie anyway can you think of any more apart from Joe , Eddie and Johnny ?
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2011, 11:28 PM   #47
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Default Re: have we ever produced a legendary boxer, i dont know say someone the ilk of calza

Ps Ferreri was more Italian than Joe .
Old 10-12-2011, 11:58 PM   #48
BoppaZoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1132

Look I will be the first to admit that by and large us Aussies love a bit of banter.

But the ****head who keeps going on and on about how good Calzaghe is or was.

Can you please **** off already.
Yes we get it he was a great fighter have we produced a better fighter well Yes i can think of 2 or 3 better than Calzaghe and i dont want to here this Calzaghe would wipe the floor with Darcy.

How the **** would you know.

Were talking about Yes Calzaghe has speed and the techniques today are better more rounded.
But Fighters today dont hit know were near as hard as the Pre Modern Era.
They dont fight as many rounds and they cant take NO WHERE as MUCH PUNISHMENT.

So how the **** do you know Calzaghe would wipe the floor with Darcy.

You dont know one knows. Shit who's to say Darcy's first real Power Punch KO's Joe. You dont its all Opinion.
The game is different.

I do know this though there were Heavyweight's scared to Spar with the Middleweight from Maitland.

Just read what happened to Number one Heavyweight Contender Fulton who got KTFO by Darcy just before they were going to line him up for a Title fight.

Now can anyone see ANYONE in this ****ing Forum see Calzaghe KOing David Haye in Sparring.

ANYONE

NO **** off with your basic knowledge of the sport and i say this stay the POmmy forum.

Josey your welcome to stay but this other ****head can leave.

Im a Calzaghe fan aswell but fans like this make him look shit.
BoppaZoo is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2011, 12:32 AM   #49
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

****ing great post Boppa , I agree 100% with everything you wrote , ps I might be off line for a few months anyway soon , very busy time in work coming up for me and I'm spending too much time in this ****ing phone , one and all stay safe lads abs enjoy the fights .
Old 10-13-2011, 05:30 AM   #50
BoppaZoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES View Post
****ing great post Boppa , I agree 100% with everything you wrote , ps I might be off line for a few months anyway soon , very busy time in work coming up for me and I'm spending too much time in this ****ing phone , one and all stay safe lads abs enjoy the fights .
Yeah mate you to and heres hoping mate the Welsh beat the French at the WC.
BoppaZoo is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2011, 05:56 AM   #51
BoppaZoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fennech fury View Post
fighters of the past hit harder and could take more punches??
has it not dawned on you that they dont hit as hard hence why they could take more punches dumb ass.
plus haye anihilates fulton
Your a ****ing Idiot.

Its actually been proven that Men os=f the early 1900's are far stronger than men of today.
Studies have shown that Men did far more labor and as we and its a fact.

So Yes they punched HARDER.
There were more powerful stronger and could take more shots.
You fenech fury are one of those uneducated wanks that probably the only reading you have done on history is a old Hustler Magazine.

So do some reading Fenech and i bet that Men of Yester year were alot stronger. Why look at the physical work they did Day in Day out.

You only have to look at the history of the Bow. Archers in Medieval times could draw 160 pound bows with out today's Compound bow to help you or me of today.

OK look at what a fighter does today.
He trains for say a 2 month period hard before the fight. and then after might take 3 months off.

So Yes i believe fighters of the earlier era hit far harder as they unlike some fighters today had other manual labor work all year round.

Can you see James Braddock sitting on a Computer for 5 months of the year like Floyd Mayweather.

Just a small example.

anyway you can argue that Men today have better training facilities and such and such.
I would love to see any fighter of today's Heavyweight division take a clean shot from Dempsey were i feel Dempsey could take Vitali's best shot and be fine.
BoppaZoo is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2011, 06:06 AM   #52
BoppaZoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fennech fury View Post
fighters of the past hit harder and could take more punches??
has it not dawned on you that they dont hit as hard hence why they could take more punches dumb ass.
plus haye anihilates fulton
How do you know Haye beats Fulton. Its all guess work.

But i know for a FACT because of research men back then were stronger than men of today.

Mate who the **** are you anyway. Apart from another annoying new ESB troll.

You say your a fan of boxing.
You want me to believe that Fred Fulton a man who BEAT SAM LANGFORD twice , once by KO is to lose to David Haye. Well maybe he might then again like i said maybe he KO's Haye in the first round.

But i can ****ing tell you this Sam Langford is 100 times the fighter David Haye ever will be.

And you are saying Fulton is shit. Get a ****ing Clue NEWBIE.

Sam Langford.
BoppaZoo is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2011, 06:37 AM   #53
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Little Jimmy Wilde hacking on a coal seam in a confined space for 6 hours in the morning having a quick bite then changing hands for another six the medical boffins of the day went to great lengths to discover where his freakish power came from , add to this power the mostly forgotten "Art of boxing " where punches delivered in the correct manner were Defo more effective than they are today and you see why after a hundred years Wilde is considered STILL in quiet a few people more qualified than me to rank him in their top ten All time great punchers , get my drift Fenech fury ? .
Old 10-13-2011, 07:34 PM   #54
madmanc3210
Contender
ESB Senior Member

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKZdcBFE_7Q&feature=related[/ame]

forgotten art of boxing,and how to deliver a punch.
amazing
madmanc3210 is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2011, 10:06 PM   #55
sallywinder
Belt holder
ESB Addict

in a thread in the classic forum is a youtube interview of a fighter, cant remember his name, in 1957. he had been a world champ and he was saying how fighters in the early 1900s were tougher than the ones of 'today' (1957)!! he said that in his day, if you kd a fighter hed get up wild and angry, trying to tear your head off. these days he said, you knock someone down and they are nearly finished.....

so ive got to agree. when you look at darcy fight, he had little defence. he held his head high, not chin on chest. he wasnt scarred to get hit by anyone, right up to heavyweight. he stood correctly, but very square, so as to give more reach for his right hand. most of them did, they were very two handed fighters.

darcy hammered at a forge all day. pumping bellows, bashing iron and stell with a heavy hammer, from daylight to dark. our elite athletes of today dont even train that hard, let alone work that hard. darcy would work all day then fight 20 rounds at night. later on his boss let him work only half a day, then fight at night.

he was never kd, never hurt, and very often got hit. he lost 2 front teeth in one hit. all he did was make sure someone picked em up for him. imagine a fighter these days losing two teeth??

fighters of today, may have more science to go with, but chuck em in the ring with those old legends for 20 rounds, and they would be mince, very quickly. darcy walked the streets on days off, looking for someone to spar with. boys, men, didnt matter. tough. they were tough. life was hard. they had a higher pain threshold. they were brought up that way. no sealy posturepedic for those boys. no shoes, in mid winter. no panadol. they were expected to do a mans work and never complain. they were tough.
sallywinder is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2011, 10:16 PM   #56
BoppaZoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmanc3210 View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

forgotten art of boxing,and how to deliver a punch.
amazing
Yes you posted a youtube clip on how Hatton's style was effective in this modern era.

And i know your a Hatton fan. That was the order of the day.

So when Ring put on a List of the Greatest Punchers all time

the top ten
1. Joe Louis
2. Sam Langford
3. Jimmy Wilde
4. Archie Moore
5. Sandy Saddler
6. Stanley Ketchell
7. Jack Dempsey
8. Bob Fitzsimmons
9. GEORGE FOREMAN (the 1st Modern Day fighter Named)
10. Earnie Shavers

Mate I stand by what guys like Eddie Futch and Angelo Dundee say.

Guys back then there style was difficult to watch but they were Powerful and could go 20 rounds taking brutal shots.

Could you see Amir Khan taking a Power shot on the jaw from Henry Armstrong and surviving.

Answer me that. Or could you see Khan fighting 12 times a year and mostly 10 rounders with at least 2 15 round fights in that year.

Boxing today compared to yester year is different.
Modern fighters techniques are better but are they tougher or stronger or do they have the Stamina from back then HELL NO.
BoppaZoo is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2011, 10:25 PM   #57
BoppaZoo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallywinder View Post
in a thread in the classic forum is a youtube interview of a fighter, cant remember his name, in 1957. he had been a world champ and he was saying how fighters in the early 1900s were tougher than the ones of 'today' (1957)!! he said that in his day, if you kd a fighter hed get up wild and angry, trying to tear your head off. these days he said, you knock someone down and they are nearly finished.....

so ive got to agree. when you look at darcy fight, he had little defence. he held his head high, not chin on chest. he wasnt scarred to get hit by anyone, right up to heavyweight. he stood correctly, but very square, so as to give more reach for his right hand. most of them did, they were very two handed fighters.

darcy hammered at a forge all day. pumping bellows, bashing iron and stell with a heavy hammer, from daylight to dark. our elite athletes of today dont even train that hard, let alone work that hard. darcy would work all day then fight 20 rounds at night. later on his boss let him work only half a day, then fight at night.

he was never kd, never hurt, and very often got hit. he lost 2 front teeth in one hit. all he did was make sure someone picked em up for him. imagine a fighter these days losing two teeth??

fighters of today, may have more science to go with, but chuck em in the ring with those old legends for 20 rounds, and they would be mince, very quickly. darcy walked the streets on days off, looking for someone to spar with. boys, men, didnt matter. tough. they were tough. life was hard. they had a higher pain threshold. they were brought up that way. no sealy posturepedic for those boys. no shoes, in mid winter. no panadol. they were expected to do a mans work and never complain. they were tough.
Thats it Sally. Man i hate when ****head posters who dont even watch TAPE of Boxing think there Roy Jones Jr's and there Floyd Mayweathers of the world would last 20 rounds against Guys who lets face it can take there very best punch's and keep coming. And Coming and ****ing coming not just to win the fight but to hurt you and hurt you so bad you never fight again.
Max Baer killed a couple and in interviews said stuff like thats the fight game.

the thing is its all speculation what we think but not to give them credit for fighting 20 rounders and fighting sometimes 15 times a year is just bullshit.

These boxers of the past paved the way for the guys today and when some fans give them nothing its like for me saying Chamberlain would get schooled by Shaq or Oscar Robertson couldnt handle Kobe.

How do you know you dont. But from footage and newspaper articles these guys were tough and most had heart something lacking in todays Boxing World.
BoppaZoo is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2011, 06:22 AM   #58
christopher23

vCash: 500

Les Darcy whats up with you people.
christopher23 is offline  Top
Old 10-14-2011, 11:47 PM   #59
The Spider

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
no. Fenech. **** off.
Not so sure it's a no. But this
Old 10-16-2011, 06:04 AM   #60
madmanc3210
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Bullshit list.louis isnt the biggest hitter the heavyweight division has seen never mind any weight division.and dempsey has a harder punch than foreman and shavers ?? Me thinks not.hamed was also a bigger puncher than wilde
madmanc3210 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum