WhamBam is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2011, 08:00 AM   #17
Bobdigi
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1013
Default Re: Prescott Falls Over Laughing at Amir Khan Chin Hype

i respected this dude until he got announced as 'the khanqueror' in his ring walk for the mcclocksky fight!!

thats just extremely sad and obsessed

it illustrates it's his proudest moment and he doesn't aspire to anything greater

(oh yeah and he loss that fight)
Bobdigi is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2011, 08:04 AM   #18
PUNCHDRUNK
Darth Booth
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceferg View Post
He fought McKloskey in his back yard though, Khan didn't. You have to remember that Khan has had a lot more oppourtunities than Presscott has. Presscott has never had a big name promter to hand pick all of his fights like Khan did early on and he never had the chance to train with a world class trainer either. I think Presscott is too big for the weight, that's why he gases.

When they fought, he had him "Khan in 60 seconds" and he's always begged for a rematch. Khan vs Presscott 2 would have sold a lot better than AK vs PM. I do agree that Khan should beat him now but if he'd had had the lack of oppourtunities and advice Presscott has had he'd be no better imo. Just give him a rematch, I'd buy that, what I won't buy is Khan beating Peterson in a total formality. Peterson may even be slightly better than Presscott but there is no danger there at all.
Peterson in a 'mere' formality, what are their respective rankings and level of competition again? So in your opinion Presscott is too big for 140lbs hence he gases but there is no possibility that Khan at 135lbs was weight drained, aswell as the shit conditioning & coaching he received contributed to his loss in anyway?

Wonder why Roach moved Khan upto 140lbs and then had Ariza effectively rebuild him shifting weight to his lower torso?
PUNCHDRUNK is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2011, 08:14 AM   #19
itsa huge bitch
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 762

is this ****er still going on seriously??he got lucky.big ****ing deal.if you want a rematch go and beat top guys.dont fight mclocskey and lose.dont fight mitchell and lose..****ing win then talk dont lose then still expect a crack at khan..some people just dont have any shame
itsa huge bitch is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2011, 08:22 AM   #20
iceferg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2648

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUNCHDRUNK View Post
Peterson in a 'mere' formality, what are their respective rankings and level of competition again? So in your opinion Presscott is too big for 140lbs hence he gases but there is no possibility that Khan at 135lbs was weight drained, aswell as the shit conditioning & coaching he received contributed to his loss in anyway?

Wonder why Roach moved Khan upto 140lbs and then had Ariza effectively rebuild him shifting weight to his lower torso?
Right so Presscott wasn't drained too and isn't taller and longer than Khan?

Notable performances:
Presscott: KO 1 Khan (both slighly weight)
Mitchell wide UD loss (weight drain a big factor in this one imo)
McKloskey Very debatable loss (weight drain huge factor)

Peterson: Draw Ortiz (Ortiz massively weight drained)
Tim Bradley wide UD loss but not a terrible performance
Victor Cayo KO 12 win (Cayo was destroyed by Maidana but still good performance)

Common opponents: Humberto Toledo Presscott DQ 10 win (weight drain huge hinderence on Presscott, Peterson KO 1 win.

Not a huge gulf in class at all.
iceferg is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2011, 08:31 AM   #21
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Ever thought that Prescott isn't weight drained, and that he just has shit stamina? And since 2008, he's actually had quite a few opportunities to get his name back in the mix...

- Khan
- Mitchell
- McCloskey
- And now Alvarado on a Pacquiao undercard.

If he loses his next fight, he will have failed 3 out of 4 times in notable matchups against notable fighters. Fair enough, he done the job against Khan, but he's done very little since. The excuse of 'Oh he hasn't had many opportunities' isn't applicable to him anymore. He's lived off Khan's name long enough. He needs to start winning, and winning good.

Last edited by Uncle Rico; 10-13-2011 at 10:03 AM. Reason: grammar
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2011, 08:31 AM   #22
WhamBam
Keeping Cool
ESB Senior Member

Who do you thinks a better fighter peterson or prescott, i think prescott would get destroyed by ortiz, cayo and bradley, peterson put up more then a fight against 2 of them,
Quote:
Right so Presscott wasn't drained too and isn't taller and longer than Khan?

Notable performances:
Presscott: KO 1 Khan (both slighly weight)
Mitchell wide UD loss (weight drain a big factor in this one imo)
McKloskey Very debatable loss (weight drain huge factor)

Peterson: Draw Ortiz (Ortiz massively weight drained)
Tim Bradley wide UD loss but not a terrible performance
Victor Cayo KO 12 win (Cayo was destroyed by Maidana but still good performance)

Common opponents: Humberto Toledo Presscott DQ 10 win (weight drain huge hinderence on Presscott, Peterson KO 1 win.

Not a huge gulf in class at all.
i remember watching the toldeo fight years ago and prescott wasn't weight drained he was throwing heavy shots for 12 rounds, and toledo just stood there and ate everything, the fact that peterson sliced through him in less then quater of the time says allot about prescott,
WhamBam is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2011, 08:35 AM   #23
Black2023
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
He fought McKloskey in his back yard though, Khan didn't. You have to remember that Khan has had a lot more oppourtunities than Presscott has. Presscott has never had a big name promter to hand pick all of his fights like Khan did early on and he never had the chance to train with a world class trainer either. I think Presscott is too big for the weight, that's why he gases.

When they fought, he had him "Khan in 60 seconds" and he's always begged for a rematch. Khan vs Presscott 2 would have sold a lot better than AK vs PM. I do agree that Khan should beat him now but if he'd had had the lack of oppourtunities and advice Presscott has had he'd be no better imo. Just give him a rematch, I'd buy that, what I won't buy is Khan beating Peterson in a total formality. Peterson may even be slightly better than Presscott but there is no danger there at all.

good post...some fighters dont get the same chances...Witter and Hatton were the same standard...but Ricky got more chances
Black2023 is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2011, 08:35 AM   #24
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBam View Post
Who do you thinks a better fighter peterson or prescott, i think prescott would get destroyed by ortiz, cayo and bradley, peterson put up more then a fight against 2 of them,

i remember watching the toldeo fight years ago and prescott wasn't weight drained he was throwing heavy shots for 12 rounds, and toledo just stood there and ate everything, the fact that peterson sliced through him in less then quater of the time says allot about prescott,
Yeah, I don't remember him looking drained against Mitchell, either. He was hopelessly chasing him around and hitting thin air for the full 12.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2011, 08:44 AM   #25
PUNCHDRUNK
Darth Booth
ESB Senior Member

I guess people only see want they want to see depending on their agenda
PUNCHDRUNK is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2011, 08:51 AM   #26
izmat
Belt holder
ESB Addict

iceferg isn't known for making logical arguments
izmat is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2011, 09:57 AM   #27
TMH
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Amir Khan has a standard boxer's chin. Prescott hit him with a bomb, these things happen, just ask Juanma after Salido. Fighters with nothing to lose tend to do that.

To say his chin is one of the best in the sport, or granite, I'm not really comfortable with Shaeffer's claims. One could compare the amount of time Khan was literally out on his feet, for over forty seconds, getting hit at will in full retreat by potentially lethal punches against Maidana to the amount of time Marquez had Katsidis hurt before it was stopped for his protection (I think Bayless was the ref in both fights, correct me if I'm wrong) Or even the Malignaggi stoppage, (less valid because Khan was winning that almost certainly regardless) and in either comparison Khan's gotta thank his lucky stars. Now Lee-McEwan, that's chin out of current fighters.

Honestly I think the ref in Maidana-Khan was playing a Two-Face coin game with Khan's health or keeping his super-stars record and title in that round. That he was able to recover almost fully says he's got champion stamina. I wouldn't blame him if he doesn't take a rematch anytime soon, he boxes well and entertainingly; watching a guy go against pre-established mathematical odds for the second time says a lot about Maidana, but does nothing for Khan.

Last edited by TMH; 10-13-2011 at 10:10 AM.
TMH is offline  Top
Old 10-13-2011, 09:59 AM   #28
Thomas!!

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUNCHDRUNK View Post
I guess people only see want they want to see depending on their agenda

Old 10-13-2011, 10:02 AM   #29
Thomas!!

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMH View Post
Amir Khan has a standard boxer's chin. Prescott hit him with a bomb, these things happen, just ask Juanma after Salido. Fighters with nothing to lose tend to do that.

To say his chin is one of the best in the sport, or granite, I'm not really comfortable with Shaeffer's claims. One could compare the amount of time Khan was literally out on his feet, for over forty seconds, getting hit at will in full retreat by potentially lethal punches against Maidana to the amount of time Marquez had Katsidis hurt before it was stopped for his protection (I think Bayless was the ref in both fights, correct me if I'm wrong) Or even the Malignaggi stoppage, (less valid because Khan was winning that almost certainly regardless) and in either comparison Khan's gotta thank his lucky stars.

Honestly I think the ref in Maidana-Khan was playing a Two-Face coin game with Khan's health or keeping his super-stars record and title in that fight.

Nah im sure the ref would of stopped it if Maidana could of finished him but he gassed and let Kahn run rings round him for 2 and a half minutes. there's no rule that the ref should stop the fight if your hurt but the other boxer cant hit you cos your moving too much lol
Old 10-13-2011, 10:29 AM   #30
iceman71
WBC SILVER Champion
East Side VIP

who the **** cares what that dumb **** that cant ever win a big fight....how many losses has he got now? stfu ..
iceman71 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum