Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2011, 04:43 PM   #1
Luscious Lopez
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: st john v.i. / greenwich via bristol
Posts: 528
vCash: 500
Default talk of david haye retiring premature...

i am adamant that haye will find an excuse to fight again,such is his massive ego.as he rightly points out,he doesn't need to fight for financial reasons,but for someone with such a colossal opinion of their own greatness,not to mention love of the limelight,he will find it impossible to stay retired for long.mark my words,he'll be back in the ring within 12 months...
Luscious Lopez is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2011, 04:46 PM   #2
alexanderkareli
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 227
vCash: 500
Default Re: talk of david haye retiring premature...

i feel ya. has this ever happened in boxing history before where an athlete in his prime retires despite having no injuries? i just dont see how he can sit out while hes perfectly healthy.
alexanderkareli is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 04:59 PM   #3
Luscious Lopez
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: st john v.i. / greenwich via bristol
Posts: 528
vCash: 500
Default Re: talk of david haye retiring premature...

haye will always lose to a quality genuine heavyweight.he doesn't have the attributes of another great blown up cruiser - holyfield - and would always come off second best against the elite in the heavyweight division.in fact,a prime sam peter probably blows him away.
Luscious Lopez is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 05:02 PM   #4
Maximus
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 505
Default Re: talk of david haye retiring premature...

People were adamant that he would never sign to fight Wlad. They were equally as adamant that Haye would not turn up, and get would knocked out by the first jab if he did.
Maximus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 05:04 PM   #5
smegmaa
Undefeated Champ
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chester
Posts: 1,506
vCash: 500
Default Re: talk of david haye retiring premature...

the hayemaker said when he first turned pro at 22 he would retire on his 31st birthday..not like he made it up 3 months ago.
smegmaa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 07:04 PM   #6
sir axeman
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,794
vCash: 1175
Default Re: talk of david haye retiring premature...

I'd bet my house he'll be back inside 1yr.
sir axeman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 07:27 PM   #7
Andrey
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: G.O.A.T Still champ and always will be!!!
Posts: 599
vCash: 1000
Default Re: talk of david haye retiring premature...

Guys.. BEFORE he retired.. While being active he barely showed up once in while to fight a clown and go back on vacation.
Him and mayweather have no love for th sport. Just milk it for money using their natural talents



Andrey
Andrey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 03:17 PM   #8
KINGOFTHE1ROUND
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: James Park,Hell
Posts: 1,843
vCash: 337
Default Re: talk of david haye retiring premature...

He kept his promise to retire but he never promised to stay retired. If Mormeck beat Wlad in December he would be back in half a second!
KINGOFTHE1ROUND is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 05:05 PM   #9
Luscious Lopez
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: st john v.i. / greenwich via bristol
Posts: 528
vCash: 500
Default Re: talk of david haye retiring premature...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGOFTHE1ROUND View Post
He kept his promise to retire but he never promised to stay retired. If Mormeck beat Wlad in December he would be back in half a second!
if mormeck beat wlad in december...there's more chance of madagascar declaring war on the usa.
Luscious Lopez is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 05:48 PM   #10
duncanne
newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 25
vCash: 1330
Default Re: talk of david haye retiring premature...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luscious Lopez View Post
if mormeck beat wlad in december...there's more chance of madagascar declaring war on the usa.
Have to respect some aspects of David's game, notably the ability to get shots at (HW) titles in the most efficient (low risk) fashion.
As a HW he was somewhat more hot air/guff than substance. However he did have some achievements.
But was always going to be measured against the best of his era. To his credit he did eventually get in the ring with the best (Wlad). Where in most honest fans opinion both David and Wlad fought a stinker of a fight (both horribly tentative/fighting like a couple of {octo}*****s) with bigger Wlad coming of best... A Wlad win but so unimpressive as to ensure no new fans of boxing.
IMO David was good for the HW scene in that he brought some extra interest in a boring era (due to dominance of Klits) and made some news (whether merited or not).
With his departure we have a news/headline deficit, who is the next to make headlines in HW boxing and carry the sport?

Nevertheless, he never lived up to his HW promises. His career ends with a whimper........ Shame after his achievements at Cruiser.
Bye David, thanks for the entertaining fights at CW.
duncanne is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 05:53 PM   #11
Luscious Lopez
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: st john v.i. / greenwich via bristol
Posts: 528
vCash: 500
Default Re: talk of david haye retiring premature...

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncanne View Post
Have to respect some aspects of David's game, notably the ability to get shots at (HW) titles in the most efficient (low risk) fashion.
As a HW he was somewhat more hot air/guff than substance. However he did have some achievements.
But was always going to be measured against the best of his era. To his credit he did eventually get in the ring with the best (Wlad). Where in most honest fans opinion both David and Wlad fought a stinker of a fight (both horribly tentative/fighting like a couple of {octo}*****s) with bigger Wlad coming of best... A Wlad win but so unimpressive as to ensure no new fans of boxing.
IMO David was good for the HW scene in that he brought some extra interest in a boring era (due to dominance of Klits) and made some news (whether merited or not).
With his departure we have a news/headline deficit, who is the next to make headlines in HW boxing and carry the sport?

Nevertheless, he never lived up to his HW promises. His career ends with a whimper........ Shame after his achievements at Cruiser.
Bye David, thanks for the entertaining fights at CW.
yeah,bye.but no farewell.big nose will be back,don't you worry.
Luscious Lopez is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013