Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 10-17-2011, 07:35 PM   #106
Lazarus
Realist
East Side VIP

vCash: 238
Default Re: Jorge Linares/Antonio DeMarco - What a fight!

This thread is too funny.
Lazarus is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2011, 07:38 PM   #107
IRONSENSE2002
muslim and proud
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post
We all no Laz is riding his dick cos it's Khans new best mate. Mitchell would do Linares.
B.S. which world class fighters has he beat, murray/prescott lol the brit forums gone delusional these days. Murray was pouring shots into him for 6 rounds before he got stopped mitchells an open target and would provide opportunities for any world class fighter.
IRONSENSE2002 is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2011, 05:13 AM   #108
SouthpawSlayer
Im coming for you
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpab19 View Post
We all have one people. Mandanda and the picture guy, people who don't like arrogance and TFFP, etc.

No. You're overrating DeMarco's ability to read what his opponent is doing to a monumental extent. I think you'll find when you go back and watch the fight was that it turned in DeMarco's favour when Linares stopped circling to the left and stood straight in front of him and traded.

That 95% of the time in which he circled was the 95% of the fight where he was dominating the fight with ease, he then stood his ground, had his nose broken and his face cut to ribbons, before getting continually caught and stopped. His footwork isn't very good, but you don't even know why it wasn't any good.

His problem was circling to wide, not circling in a certain direction. If you circle too wide you fatigue yourself over the course of the fight, think Acosta against Rios. He was tiring himself because of how wide he circled, and then had his nose broken because he stood in front of his man, meaning he had nothing left, which resulted in him getting stopped.

If you're going to correct somebody about ''talking shit'', at least make sure you're not doing the exact same thing.

''All he had to do was follow him'', that's what he WAS doing for the duration.
personally i have better things to be doing that looking that much into this fight, yes it was good but i watched it on the night and i had a few drinks on me, all i recall from his footwork is that he basically couldnt fight well on the back foot going to his right, i know from experience that going in the same direction all night is something that should be avoided, had he of mixed up his movement more and had his footwork been better to enable this he would of had more opportunities to land more shots, demarco would of had to keep guessing and he could of pushed the fight further on and not taken so much damage, the rally we saw when demarco stopped him (forget what round) could of been pushed to the last round and the ref would have let the fight finish out and he would have won on points. The 95% of the time when he was circling to his left was done at a very fast pace because demarco knew exactly where he was going, this was a factor in him gassing so bad, it takes a lot less energy to move in both directions instead of skipping to the left for 3 minutes of every round a quick step to the right and pivot uses a lot less energy than constantly skipping to the left and being on your toes. He only stood in front of demarco because he was ****ed from running all night, using his feet better and conserving his energy could of saved him the fight and to say this factor had no effect on the outcome shows your argument is based on other factors and not actual thought

whatever you and laz have going on id suggest you dont pick me up for it because as i said me and laz dont get on and no need for you to be fighting his battles
SouthpawSlayer is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2011, 06:04 AM   #109
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Fighting his battles

I think he's just pulling you up for talking shit, regardless of who you're conversing with. Like the time you pulled me up for 'basing everything on sparring'
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2011, 06:09 AM   #110
SouthpawSlayer
Im coming for you
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
Fighting his battles

I think he's just pulling you up for talking shit, regardless of who you're conversing with. Like the time you pulled me up for 'basing everything on sparring'
another expert
SouthpawSlayer is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum