Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2011, 02:16 PM   #16
Royal-T-Bag
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 11,339
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why Does Pacquaio get credit

Pactards can't have it 2 ways.

Either:

Pac claimed he was too small for Cotto/ Margo/ DLH and that he was actually naturally a JWW so the catchweights and weight draining ain't a problem because it was done to level the playing field for the brave small guy but that means that he's cheating Marquez by being a natural JWW and forcing Marquez to fight at WW where Pac has proven effective and Marquez has proven useless.

Or:

Pac's claim that he's a natural JWW being brave and fighting bigger guys is full of shit and he's actually a full fledged WW now, so asking Marquez to fight at WW isn't as bad because Pac cannot make JWW (still bad because Marquez proved 2 years ago that he's useless at WW) but in this scenario you have to admit that he was cheating the bigger guys by making them weak and weight draining them.




It's one or the other, either he cheated the bigger guys or he's cheating Marquez or a little of both. Can't have it both ways where he's too small for WW vs bigger guys and too big for JW vs smaller guys.
Royal-T-Bag is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2011, 02:18 PM   #17
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 30,555
vCash: 507
Default Re: Why Does Pacquaio get credit

because his fans are stupid and he kisses the media's ass while Floyd is cussin them out

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwNt7wv_RN8[/ame]

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLUBBER View Post
Because Floyd picks on smaller opponents and Pac the opposite.
that's not true at all. The only fighter Floyd was bigger than on the day of the fight was Marquez. You can't name one other fighter that Floyd outweighed since earlier in his career

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gander Tasco View Post
which of pac's fights are bullshit exactly? Miosley is really the only one. Margo, Cotto, Hatton, and Oscar were all good wins at least at the time the fights were made. Clottey was pointless but he's still a good fighter, who's been avoided by everybody. Marquez is a 'settle the score' type fight, and a lot of people have been asking for that the past year or so.


Floyd's fights at WW and above have generally been bulshit because he's avoided fighting the very best. He's gone after 140 fighters and generally non elites. His most legit win was Mosley and he was very old by the time he finally got around to fighting him.

So I guess the big difference is Pac has fought all of the very best, top names at welter whereas Floyd has fought little guys , and bunch of no-namers.
see this is the shit that pisses me off. You go on to suck Pac's dick for fighting Marquez, Oscar, and Hatton and then so Floyd fight no namers
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 02:21 PM   #18
Gander Tasco
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 9,642
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why Does Pacquaio get credit

Forget big or small, Flyod just dosent fight anybody who's a threat to him. Mosley was the closest thing, and he waited for his old ass to be in diapers.
Gander Tasco is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 02:23 PM   #19
remixboy11
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 37
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why Does Pacquaio get credit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gander Tasco View Post
Forget big or small, Flyod just dosent fight anybody who's a threat to him. Mosley was the closest thing, and he waited for his old ass to be in diapers.

How were any of pacquiaos oppoenents threats when they were all HEAVY under-dogs?
remixboy11 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 02:25 PM   #20
Boxing Fanatic
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dominican Republic
Posts: 24,111
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Why Does Pacquaio get credit

'cause hes loved by the media and world wide. that is why. nuthuggery is a bitch
Boxing Fanatic is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 02:27 PM   #21
Gander Tasco
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 9,642
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why Does Pacquaio get credit

Quote:
Originally Posted by remixboy11 View Post
How were any of pacquiaos oppoenents threats when they were all HEAVY under-dogs?

Cotto and Hatton were not heavy underdogs, a lot of people picked them to win. Nobody gave Pacquiao a chance agaisnt Oscar. Try again.
Gander Tasco is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 02:29 PM   #22
motorcity
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,695
vCash: 520
Default Re: Why Does Pacquaio get credit

Because Pacquiao never personally claimed on camera in front of all of us, to be the best ever, better than SRR, better than SRL, and better than SRR.

If you're that good, you have to back it up.
motorcity is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 02:29 PM   #23
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 30,555
vCash: 507
Default Re: Why Does Pacquaio get credit

Gander Tasco: Oscar and Hatton were good wins and legit threats to Pacquiao

Gander Tasco: Floyd cherry picked the smaller and no name Oscar and Hatton
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 02:35 PM   #24
Gander Tasco
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 9,642
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why Does Pacquaio get credit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
Gander Tasco: Oscar and Hatton were good wins and legit threats to Pacquiao

Gander Tasco: Floyd cherry picked the smaller and no name Oscar and Hatton
Nice spin. My point was taht Floyd spent most of his time at WW not fighting real WW's. Mostly JW's and a featherweight.

Pacquiao fought Hatton at his natural weight. Oscar was a huge favorite over Pac because Pac had never fought at that weight before. Floyd fought DLH strictly for money and everyone knew who was gonna win that fight.
Gander Tasco is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 02:37 PM   #25
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 30,555
vCash: 507
Default Re: Why Does Pacquaio get credit

**** this, I'm going to end this myth

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYgDG8JZ2rA&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 02:39 PM   #26
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 14,721
vCash: 121
Default Re: Why Does Pacquaio get credit

Each has their own special team of haterz for cherrypicking whenever it happens.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 02:40 PM   #27
remixboy11
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 37
vCash: 500
Default Re: Why Does Pacquaio get credit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gander Tasco View Post
Cotto and Hatton were not heavy underdogs, a lot of people picked them to win. Nobody gave Pacquiao a chance agaisnt Oscar. Try again.
Hatton was a 2 to 1 underdog
Cotto was 4 to 1 underdog
Margarito was 5 to 1 underdog
and Mosley was a 10 to 1 underdog.

YOu TRY AGAIN.
remixboy11 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 02:45 PM   #28
Kid Presentable
Facial Blocking
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Newry
Posts: 1,410
vCash: 1681
Default Re: Why Does Pacquaio get credit

Quote:
Originally Posted by remixboy11 View Post
for bullsh!t fights but Floyd doesnt?

Discuss....
i give him shit for Clottey Margo fights. even Cotto because of the fact he deliberatly drained the man till he was weak.

That said Pac was part of my golden age of boxing which included Pac, Morales, Marquez and barrera. Can never take that away from him.

i didnt like Floyds fight with jmm but again his overall resume has much better wins.
Kid Presentable is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 02:51 PM   #29
DobyZhee
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 14,759
vCash: 928
Default Re: Why Does Pacquaio get credit

because he didn't retire..
DobyZhee is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 02:53 PM   #30
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 30,555
vCash: 507
Default Re: Why Does Pacquaio get credit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicron View Post
And then Floyd refused to disclose his fight night weights against Marquez, Hatton, and Mosley. Why?
Idk I guess he went up to 160
he didn't do it for Oscar and Gatti. Why do you think that? Actually who gives a ****
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013