Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2011, 05:53 AM   #31
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,306
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Trout Offers Mundine USA Title Fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES View Post
Yea and look where it's got them Francis .
What do you mean Josey ?
Francis75 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2011, 06:06 AM   #32
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 6,195
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Trout Offers Mundine USA Title Fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis75 View Post
What do you mean Josey ?
Greed Francis Greed , when people worship the money we tend to forget about the important things .
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 06:06 AM   #33
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,934
vCash: 75
Default Re: Trout Offers Mundine USA Title Fight

Can't wait until Australia is a republic. Anyway back on topic...
ipswich express is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 06:08 AM   #34
Johnny Boy
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,334
vCash: 500
Default Re: Trout Offers Mundine USA Title Fight

Josey, isn't the House of Windsor of German stock?

Couldn't you lot find any of your own worthy of the throne?
Johnny Boy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 06:10 AM   #35
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 6,195
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Trout Offers Mundine USA Title Fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipswich express View Post
Can't wait until Australia is a republic. Anyway back on topic...
It will never happen mate ,deep down inside you Aussies adore the monarchy and being part of the Commonwealth Matt , ps well done on brokering a commonwealth title shot for you charge .
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 06:12 AM   #36
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 6,195
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Trout Offers Mundine USA Title Fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Boy View Post
Josey, isn't the House of Windsor of German stock?

Couldn't you lot find any of your own worthy of the throne?
Lol I would rather be of Germanic stock than Chinese mate but each to their own Tony .
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 06:24 AM   #37
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,934
vCash: 75
Default Re: Trout Offers Mundine USA Title Fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES View Post
It will never happen mate ,deep down inside you Aussies adore the monarchy and being part of the Commonwealth Matt , ps well done on brokering a commonwealth title shot for you charge .
See that's the thing mate, we don't leave the Commonwealth. Most countries within the Commonwealth are in fact Republics. I just think an Aussie should be the head of state in Australia. Makes sense to me. Cheers for the wrap too, though Colomban isn't my boxer.
ipswich express is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 06:31 AM   #38
Johnny Boy
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,334
vCash: 500
Default Re: Trout Offers Mundine USA Title Fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES View Post
Lol I would rather be of Germanic stock than Chinese mate but each to their own Tony .
I can understand why there's somewhat of a negative view of the Chinese. They're running at 8%, which is by their standards a slowdown, whilst you lot and the U.S. are crying recession and want to get away from your own land. This century is gonna belong to them. The U.S. had their turn last century and you lot before them.

Why is being of Germanic stock so appealing to you? Is it true your Royal Family changed it's surname from a German one to the current one during World War 1 so the British peasentry wouldn't turn on them? I always thought it was a bit ****ed up that a German was sending British troops across the Channel to get killed by Germans.

Don't tell me those two imbeciles have convinced you I'm Tony.
Johnny Boy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 06:36 AM   #39
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 6,195
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Trout Offers Mundine USA Title Fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipswich express View Post
See that's the thing mate, we don't leave the Commonwealth. Most countries within the Commonwealth are in fact Republics. I just think an Aussie should be the head of state in Australia. Makes sense to me. Cheers for the wrap too, though Colomban isn't my boxer.
What's the point of being in the commonwealth if you are a republic ? that sounds like you want rid of your mothers apron string but scared to let go . Btw good luck to Sam in his quest .
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 06:42 AM   #40
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 6,195
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Trout Offers Mundine USA Title Fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Boy View Post
I can understand why there's somewhat of a negative view of the Chinese. They're running at 8%, which is by their standards a slowdown, whilst you lot and the U.S. are crying recession and want to get away from your own land. This century is gonna belong to them. The U.S. had their turn last century and you lot before them.

Why is being of Germanic stock so appealing to you? Is it true your Royal Family changed it's surname from a German one to the current one during World War 1 so the British peasentry wouldn't turn on them? I always thought it was a bit ****ed up that a German was sending British troops across the Channel to get killed by Germans.

Don't tell me those two imbeciles have convinced you I'm Tony.
that's a bit deep mate , lol I was only having a gee up ( as I do whenever royalty visit down under ) but I would defo rather be German than Chinese mate , maybe it's the Northen European connection ? Anyway I'm off for a pint with the badly brat pack.peace
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 06:47 AM   #41
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 5,306
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Trout Offers Mundine USA Title Fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Boy View Post
I can understand why there's somewhat of a negative view of the Chinese. They're running at 8%, which is by their standards a slowdown, whilst you lot and the U.S. are crying recession and want to get away from your own land. This century is gonna belong to them. The U.S. had their turn last century and you lot before them.

Why is being of Germanic stock so appealing to you? Is it true your Royal Family changed it's surname from a German one to the current one during World War 1 so the British peasentry wouldn't turn on them? I always thought it was a bit ****ed up that a German was sending British troops across the Channel to get killed by Germans.

Don't tell me those two imbeciles have convinced you I'm Tony
.
Oh Toni you can't fool an intelligent person like Josey. He knows the score.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 07:32 AM   #42
Hmmm
:P
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,211
vCash: 1394
Default Re: Trout Offers Mundine USA Title Fight

Ummmm not sure what you people are all crying on about. The thing in the article about the 50-50 plus options was regarding their last negotiations ("he didnt want that").

This is a MANDATORY. They cannot force options on the mandatory.
Hmmm is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 07:41 AM   #43
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,934
vCash: 75
Default Re: Trout Offers Mundine USA Title Fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES View Post
What's the point of being in the commonwealth if you are a republic ? that sounds like you want rid of your mothers apron string but scared to let go . Btw good luck to Sam in his quest .

I personally couldn't care less if we remain in the Commonwealth of nations, but we will. I firmly believe that the Queen of England shouldn't be the Australian head of state.
ipswich express is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 02:17 PM   #44
badlefthook84
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,467
vCash: 500
Default Re: Trout Offers Mundine USA Title Fight

Decemeber 31st would actually suit Mundine i think. He finds it very hard to make 154, he uses a lot of camp to shift weight which training camp shouldn't be about really, Froch and Hopkins walk around about 5-10 pounds over their respective weight classes between fights as they are clearly comfortable at their weight. Its clearly not his weight but he wants to do it so leave him off, which is why getting in the ring so soon after the Alvarez fight is a good thing as he won't be out of the gym much and will be straight back in training mode and should maintain weight easier than he would if he didn't fight again for 6-7 months. Apparently nobody has been offered the Dec 31st date for certain yet, Cloud-Erdei and Geale-Pirog are 2 other fights been mooted for that date on Showtime in the states. Rafael reckons Geale-Pirog would be the best as do i. Cracking fight that.
badlefthook84 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 04:26 PM   #45
sallywinder
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,987
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Trout Offers Mundine USA Title Fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipswich express View Post
I personally couldn't care less if we remain in the Commonwealth of nations, but we will. I firmly believe that the Queen of England shouldn't be the Australian head of state.
yeah, and random drug tests for politicians and policemen...just like they do to miners and athletes..

life just aint fair sometimes..
sallywinder is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013