Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-26-2011, 04:06 AM   #1
Rob887
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 533
Default Could Eubank's unique style have given Hopkins big problems?

Could Eubank's unique style have given Hopkins big problems?

I was thinking about this. Eubank has a very unique style of stepping out and finding punches from angles, firing shots off and moving out of range etc Maybe this could have been the kryptonite to Hopkins tendency to come inside, throw/butt and hug.
Rob887 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2011, 04:09 AM   #2
rayrobinson
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: Could Eubank's unique style have given Hopkins big problems?

I think when Eubank was in his prime he would have really hurt Hopkins.

Hopkins reign is based on beating Echols, not exactly the greatest.
rayrobinson is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2011, 04:45 AM   #3
TG1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayrobinson View Post
I think when Eubank was in his prime he would have really hurt Hopkins.

Hopkins reign is based on beating Echols, not exactly the greatest.
Take this quote and put in big letters at the top of the main forum page. It's horseshit like this that gives ESB a bad name. No mention of Trinidad or unifying the whole f*ckin division?

I know I know! Trinidad was a natural welter, that's the official ESB comeback, genius! I take it Aaron Pryor is over rated for having signature wins over Arguello? How about Hagler being over rated for beating up Duran and Hearns?

TOTAL HORSE SHIT!

In answer to the OP. Eubank gives most fighters a nightmare on his A Game but he didn't beat a fighter on Hopkins' level in his entire career.
TG1 is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2011, 05:04 AM   #4
rayrobinson
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG1 View Post
Take this quote and put in big letters at the top of the main forum page. It's horseshit like this that gives ESB a bad name. No mention of Trinidad or unifying the whole f*ckin division?

I know I know! Trinidad was a natural welter, that's the official ESB comeback, genius! I take it Aaron Pryor is over rated for having signature wins over Arguello? How about Hagler being over rated for beating up Duran and Hearns?

TOTAL HORSE SHIT!

In answer to the OP. Eubank gives most fighters a nightmare on his A Game but he didn't beat a fighter on Hopkins' level in his entire career.
Sorry your right , Hopkins great reign also had Robbie Allen three ****ing times and Morrade Hakkar.

The reason I brought Echols up is because this is the name the 'Gansta' always brought up when Calzaghes name was mentioned ' Get past Antwun , then you can fight me' like Echols is the benchmark of greatness.

Im glad he is gone .
Old 10-26-2011, 05:13 AM   #5
TG1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Sorry your right , Hopkins great reign also had Robbie Allen three ****ing times and Morrade Hakkar.

The reason I brought Echols up is because this is the name the 'Gansta' always brought up when Calzaghes name was mentioned ' Get past Antwun , then you can fight me' like Echols is the benchmark of greatness.

Im glad he is gone .
Shocked that there was ZERO mention of Pryor or Hagler's signature wins coming against smaller men. That's a stunner!

You then mention Calzaghe who had one of the most fruitless title reigns in modern boxing history. I take a piss on you Calzaghe fanboys for fun, so don't get me started.

You're glad he's gone? Hopkins is WBC Light Heavyweight Champion of the World at 46 years old and his legacy shits all over Calzaghe.

It's cool though. Joe should be on Eastenders by 2014 so you can pull on your little pisser 4 times a week.
TG1 is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2011, 05:29 AM   #6
rayrobinson
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Shocked that there was ZERO mention of Pryor or Hagler's signature wins coming against smaller men. That's a stunner!

You then mention Calzaghe who had one of the most fruitless title reigns in modern boxing history. I take a piss on you Calzaghe fanboys for fun, so don't get me started.

You're glad he's gone? Hopkins is WBC Light Heavyweight Champion of the World at 46 years old and his legacy shits all over Calzaghe.

It's cool though. Joe should be on Eastenders by 2014 so you can pull on your little pisser 4 times a week.
Stick to the title in the thread.

I didnt mention Pryor or Marvin as there position in boxing has no relevance in our conversation.

Hopkins always stated that his toughest test at 160 was Echols , and for Joe to pass this test before any type of unification.

Im not quite sure why you mentioned 'Eastenders' is this something to do with your ADHD?

Please dont try and school me on either the art of boxing or its history , as it will feel like the death of 1000 cuts.

Slowly but you know it is coming and there is nothing you could do about it.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:46 AM   #7
Arcane
One More Time
East Side Guru

vCash: 488

Quote:

TOTAL HORSE SHIT!

Excellent post.
Arcane is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2011, 05:47 AM   #8
Robney
ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ
East Side VIP

vCash: 5526

Of course Eubank's style would have given him problems... Hopkins wasn't a robot in his prime.
I expect the fight to end up around 8/4 in B-Hop's favour but you never know, certainly not because Eubank always found a way to win.
Robney is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2011, 05:49 AM   #9
TG1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Stick to the title in the thread.

I didnt mention Pryor or Marvin as there position in boxing has no relevance in our conversation.

Hopkins always stated that his toughest test at 160 was Echols , and for Joe to pass this test before any type of unification.

Im not quite sure why you mentioned 'Eastenders' is this something to do with your ADHD?

Please dont try and school me on either the art of boxing or its history , as it will feel like the death of 1000 cuts.

Slowly but you know it is coming and there is nothing you could do about it.
Owned, it's all in the feedback and I've forgotten more than you know!
TG1 is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2011, 05:52 AM   #10
rayrobinson
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Owned, it's all in the feedback and I've forgotten more than you know!
Then you are also blind , one comment does not mean 'all the feedback' dipshit.

Ok question - last fight you went to see with either Hopkins or Calzaghe fighting.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:59 AM   #11
Wig
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Hopkins would have cheated, fouled, timewasted and cried to the ref as Eubank was about the same size as him.

He only beats up on little guys, the maths dont lie...

Alsation IQ + Racist bully + Same size opponent = Fake injury cry to the ref
Alsation IQ + Racist bully + Blown up little guy = Career best wins

Last edited by Wig; 10-26-2011 at 06:27 AM.
Wig is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2011, 06:16 AM   #12
FilipMNE
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 461

Eubank would cause few problems but for me Hopkins would win UD.
And as someone wrote Eubank never fought anyone in a class of Hopkins, love him or hate him Hopkins is a legend!
FilipMNE is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2011, 06:54 AM   #13
madmanc3210
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

eubank before watson schools hopkins.watson beats hopkins,benn beats hopkins calzaghe beat hopkins
madmanc3210 is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2011, 07:00 AM   #14
The Dreamweaver
Journeyman

Quote:

TOTAL HORSE SHIT!

You can only beat what is put infront of you, but Hopkins 20 defence resume at MW is without question awful. I give B-Hop credit for the Trinidad win and for subsequent wins since he moved up to LH (unbeaten Pavlik, Pascal, Tarver) His resume at MW being bad does not mean that he would not have beaten much better fighters, but it also does not deserve too much adulation, becuase the fact is that there is nobody up to Trinidad on that record (except maybe Glen Johnson) that would not have also been beaten by, Nunn, McCallum,Toney,Benn,Eubank,Winky, and a host of others.
The Dreamweaver is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2011, 07:00 AM   #15
Arcane
One More Time
East Side Guru

vCash: 488

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmanc3210 View Post
eubank before watson schools hopkins.watson beats hopkins,benn beats hopkins calzaghe beat hopkins

Arcane is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum