boxing

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Twitter MMA Facebook Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2011, 02:01 PM   #61
TG1
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,983
vCash: 500
Default Re: Could Eubank's unique style have given Hopkins big problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by general zod View Post
I can't see Hopkins beating McClellan
Think more!
TG1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 02:04 PM   #62
rayrobinson
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 6,919
vCash: 500
Default Re: Could Eubank's unique style have given Hopkins big problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG1 View Post
Think more!
Honestly man , I respect everybody on here , but Hopkins with the correct referee who have been in serious trouble against the G man.

To put a smiling face as if it wasnt even a valid point is just ignorant.
rayrobinson is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 02:07 PM   #63
TG1
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,983
vCash: 500
Default Re: Could Eubank's unique style have given Hopkins big problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayrobinson View Post
Man you are you too angry , my point was that I dont and still dont believe you , and the reason I ask the weather question is because you cannot just go and ****ing google it like all of the other keyboard hard men on here .

I ask questions like where were you sat , what did you do that day etc. Because I know most people on here are full of **** when it comes to the real thing.

If you did then peace , but right now all you have done is proved nothing.


Mate I've been to Vegas four times, LA once and met some of the best fighters in the game including CALZAGHE who I sat with in Zuri Bar at the MGM Grand for over fifteen minutes.

As well as that I've met JM Marquez, Sugar Ray Leonard, Ricky Hatton, Lennox Lewis, Judah, Berto, Duran, Hearns and Holyfield.

All of that but I didn't attend a fight in Cardiff when I'm from the UK? Okay then I can see your logic

PM your Facebook and I'll end this **** in two seconds.
TG1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links


Old 10-26-2011, 02:11 PM   #64
rayrobinson
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 6,919
vCash: 500
Default Re: Could Eubank's unique style have given Hopkins big problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG1 View Post


Mate I've been to Vegas four times, LA once and met some of the best fighters in the game including CALZAGHE who I sat with in Zuri Bar at the MGM Grand for over fifteen minutes.

As well as that I've met JM Marquez, Sugar Ray Leonard, Ricky Hatton, Lennox Lewis, Judah, Berto, Duran, Hearns and Holyfield.

All of that but I didn't attend a fight in Cardiff when I'm from the UK? Okay then I can see your logic

PM your Facebook and I'll end this **** in two seconds.
That is an impressive list , if you have met these names, and I have met a few of the above too , but not all , then why are you so onesided in your argument in your view of Hopkins , and act like you do with the smiley faces? It rather childish for someone who clearly knows the sport.
rayrobinson is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 02:17 PM   #65
TG1
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,983
vCash: 500
Default Re: Could Eubank's unique style have given Hopkins big problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayrobinson View Post
That is an impressive list , if you have met these names, and I have met a few of the above too , but not all , then why are you so onesided in your argument in your view of Hopkins , and act like you do with the smiley faces? It rather childish for someone who clearly knows the sport.
Mate I'm not one sided on anything. I think Hopkins is a terrific fighter, one of the best of his generation and he gets undermined on here with some of the most ridiculous arguments I've ever heard.

Look at Headbanger. This guy berates Hopkins for having wins against smaller men when he has Marvin Hagler on his avatar? Who are Hagler's best wins against? Duran, Hearns and Mugabi who are all what? That's right, smaller!

I believe Hopkins is levels above McClellan and would have exposed him technically, hence the laughter. I don't mean anything by it but I do find it funny!
TG1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 02:21 PM   #66
JMP
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 9,390
vCash: 75
Default Re: Could Eubank's unique style have given Hopkins big problems?

McClellan didn't have the boxing skill to hang with Hopkins. His only chance is to get Hopkins out of there within the first few rounds and that's unlikely with Hopkins' defense, craftiness, and chin. Once Hopkins figures out McClellan's movements and timing, he'd take control. McClellan, aside from power and toughness (the former being aided by him boiling down from 200 pounds), never impressed me.
JMP is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 02:27 PM   #67
TG1
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,983
vCash: 500
Default Re: Could Eubank's unique style have given Hopkins big problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMP View Post
McClellan didn't have the boxing skill to hang with Hopkins. His only chance is to get Hopkins out of there within the first few rounds and that's unlikely with Hopkins' defense, craftiness, and chin. Once Hopkins figures out McClellan's movements and timing, he'd take control. McClellan, aside from power and toughness (the former being aided by him boiling down from 200 pounds), never impressed me.
Agreed 100%

Hopkins and Toney are pure old school and HUGE punchers like McClellan are tailor made for them. Both are very hard to catch cleanly and both can take a direct hit, so McClellan is toast head to head IMO.
TG1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 02:34 PM   #68
Peter Brit
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 234
vCash: 500
Default Re: Could Eubank's unique style have given Hopkins big problems?

Eubank used to drop 20-30 pounds in a week to make the weight. His later fights, a prime Hopkins would just out work him due to his weight problems.

Hopkins has very good whiskers, boxing wise he is technically to good for Eubank.

Check out a video of lewis teaching an old Eubank to throw a left hook close. Eubank was awkward, good power but actually not a great technican. Hopkins beats him all day, except perhaps a young Eubank, if Hopkins whiskers are overated.
Peter Brit is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 02:36 PM   #69
Peter Brit
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 234
vCash: 500
Default Re: Could Eubank's unique style have given Hopkins big problems?

Herol Graham would have beaten both Hopkins, Eubank, Benn, Collins.
Peter Brit is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 02:53 PM   #70
HEADBANGER
TEAM ELITE GENERAL
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,566
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Could Eubank's unique style have given Hopkins big problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG1 View Post
I don't give a **** what spin you put on Hearns as an opponent. He came from a lighter weight class, so use the same logic. If you want to credit Hagler for that win, then give Hopkins credit for tito

seriously, what the **** are you talking about you braindead egghead

so by your braindead logic, because i don't rate roy jones victory over former LIGHTWEIGHT vinny pazienza, that means i can't rate haglers victory over hearns




there are different levels of victory



low level victory - jones v pazienza. pazienza had no business fighting at 168



good victory - hopkins v trinidad - trinidad still had his 0 and a belt, but had been knocked down 7 times as a welterweight and got his head embarrassingly boxed off by the only 2 elite middlewights he fought in hopkins and wright.



elite victory - hagler v hearns - hearns at the peak of his powers, showed before and after the hagler fight that he was suited to middleweight and then also went on to become a world champion at 160, 168, and 175



so in simple terms for you to understand

hopkins deserves more credit for his victory over trindad than jones did for his victory over pazienza

hagler deserves more credit for his victory over hearns than hopkins does for his victory over trinidad




LEVELS - COMPRENDE?
HEADBANGER is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 03:00 PM   #71
HEADBANGER
TEAM ELITE GENERAL
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,566
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Could Eubank's unique style have given Hopkins big problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG1 View Post
Your train of thought is built on hate and I tore you to bits with easy logic. I can't help it if you won't accept that!

you haven't tore no one to bits you fool

to do that you would have had to directly answer the numerous questions i have asked in this thread and you have ducked everyone of them like a complete and utter coward, whilst i have clearly answered every point you tried to make

my train of thought has been built around well explained answers completely backed up by fact

i have taken your fragile little egghead, smashed it to pieces and made scrambled eggs out of you
HEADBANGER is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 03:06 PM   #72
HEADBANGER
TEAM ELITE GENERAL
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,566
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Could Eubank's unique style have given Hopkins big problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG1 View Post
Look at Headbanger. This guy berates Hopkins for having wins against smaller men when he has Marvin Hagler on his avatar? Who are Hagler's best wins against? Duran, Hearns and Mugabi who are all what? That's right, smaller!!

where on this thread have i tried to build up wins over duran or mugabi?

Hearns was an elite level victory and i explained my logic for that


- hearns natural size and body frame was suited to putting on weight and going up through the divisions
- hearns was an elite level middleweight before and after he lost to hagler after hagler
- after hagler, hearns went on to win a middleweight title, a title at 168 and a title at 175 showing his undoubted calibre for fighting at heavier weights.
HEADBANGER is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 03:06 PM   #73
TG1
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,983
vCash: 500
Default Re: Could Eubank's unique style have given Hopkins big problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEADBANGER View Post
seriously, what the **** are you talking about you braindead egghead

so by your braindead logic, because i don't rate roy jones victory over former LIGHTWEIGHT vinny pazienza, that means i can't rate haglers victory over hearns




there are different levels of victory



low level victory - jones v pazienza. pazienza had no business fighting at 168



good victory - hopkins v trinidad - trinidad still had his 0 and a belt, but had been knocked down 7 times as a welterweight and got his head embarrassingly boxed off by the only 2 elite middlewights he fought in hopkins and wright.



elite victory - hagler v hearns - hearns at the peak of his powers, showed before and after the hagler fight that he was suited to middleweight and then also went on to become a world champion at 160, 168, and 175



so in simple terms for you to understand

hopkins deserves more credit for his victory over trindad than jones did for his victory over pazienza

hagler deserves more credit for his victory over hearns than hopkins does for his victory over trinidad




LEVELS - COMPRENDE?
LOL

It's you that started berating fighters who have victories over smaller men you ****in plank? You've contradicted yourself so many times it's actually confusing you now!

Hopkins, as a 3-1 underdog, scored a "good" victory over Tito who was in the Pound for Pound top three, undefeated across three weights and regarded as an All Time Great. How ****in generous of you

Hearns was a dynamite opponent and Hagler's signature win but, by your rules, he was a smaller man. I'm willing to admit that the Hagler was off the hook and solidified Marvelous as the best middleweight champion in history IMO.

You just can't admit that Hopkins win over Trinidad was of the same importance because you can't ****in stand him. It ain't hard to figure out! You hate the guy and it clouds your judgement to the point where you are willing to talk bags of **** that don't even make sense.

The End and Schooled again!
TG1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 03:13 PM   #74
HEADBANGER
TEAM ELITE GENERAL
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,566
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Could Eubank's unique style have given Hopkins big problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by general zod View Post
I can't see Hopkins beating McClellan

mcclellan was bad news for anybody.

if the likes of mercado and clinton mitchell can school hopkins, if hopkins jumps out of the ring like a ***** against the likes of robert allan and dawson, then anyone writing off mcclellan against hopkins is kidding themselves.

if the likes of dave tiberi can smash the **** out of toney, if sanderline williams can get a draw v toney, if sosa and johnson can take toney to split decisions, then anyone writing mcclellan off v toney is kidding themselves.

benns victory over mcclellan is one of thee great victories this sport has seen in the last 25 years.
HEADBANGER is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 03:15 PM   #75
TG1
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,983
vCash: 500
Default Re: Could Eubank's unique style have given Hopkins big problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEADBANGER View Post
where on this thread have i tried to build up wins over duran or mugabi?
It's just your avatar that's funny given your prior arguments

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEADBANGER View Post
Hearns was an elite level victory and i explained my logic for that
Clouded by contradiction as it was

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEADBANGER View Post
Hearns natural size and body frame was suited to putting on weight and going up through the divisions
And Trinidad, who ended up fighting at light heavyweight, wasn't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEADBANGER View Post
Hearns was an elite level middleweight before and after he lost to hagler after hagler
What win did Tommy have at 160 that made him elite level, prior to Hagler? Just curious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEADBANGER View Post
After hagler, hearns went on to win a middleweight title, a title at 168 and a title at 175 showing his undoubted calibre for fighting at heavier weights.
Hearns actually won a light heavyweight title before he won the middleweight title but none of this matter, bro. You know why? Because he is and will always be, according to you, a ****in welterweight!

Look in the mirror and say; "I'm an asshole 100 times!" and put it on YouTube for all to see!
TG1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015