Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-27-2011, 02:23 AM   #16
pistal47
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Robert Helenius...

He has massive power and...........Yea that's about it. The only part of any of his fights that you want to see are the end, everything else is just so boring to watch.

Against a big puncher with some skill and speed he is a KO waiting to happen.

Put him in there with Eddie Chambers and I think Chambers blanks him, maybe even getting a few 10-8 rounds without even knocking him down.
pistal47 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2011, 04:45 AM   #17
RonnieHornschuh
ESB indie police
ESB Addict

vCash: 1399

His wins are already better than Razor Ruddock's, and there is still people that claim that Razor was elite - that's why.
RonnieHornschuh is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2011, 04:54 AM   #18
Post Box
I'm back too, bitches
East Side Guru

He's ugly as **** but building up quite an impressive resume
Post Box is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2011, 04:58 AM   #19
eazym1979
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Well he's big and can punch and in a division that the Klitschko brothers

own, anyone with some skill that they havent crushed is always seen as

a possiable threat. Helenius is limited in some aspects of his game but he

can punch and he's a finisher and that why boxing people get so pumped

up . They want a heayweight who can ko someone at anytime
eazym1979 is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2011, 05:26 AM   #20
JunitoJab
Antagonist
ESB Addict

vCash: 0

He's tall, and he's knocked some guys out. That's about it.
JunitoJab is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2011, 05:27 AM   #21
Robney
ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ
East Side VIP

vCash: 4720

He isn't the most fluid HW around, but looks to be one of the most solid and he clearly packs a punch.
And unlike so many up and comers nowadays, he doesn't fight a couple of softies just to pad his record with or shouts himself into a contender spot. He really fights for it.

He won't stand more as a punchers chance against the Klits at this stage of course, but he may develop into something.
Robney is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2011, 05:32 AM   #22
itsa huge bitch
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 762

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklondon View Post
Yeah right, genius. Like Lyakhovich, Peter, Brewster, and Bydenko are nothing. And he was KO'ing Brewster in only his 11th pro fight! He's actually way ahead of the amazing K brothers - the two greatest heavyweights in history - at the same stage of his career.
bydenko is decent for an up and comer.but koing has beens guys who are only off brutalizing beat downs and a man who hadnt boxed in years who is also a hasbeen dosnt impress me one bit
itsa huge bitch is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2011, 05:35 AM   #23
itsa huge bitch
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownfightfan View Post
Yeah for 2 rounds until Robbe tests Fury's chin, finds it seriously lacking and decides it soon enough to order dinner

Fury is a chinachinned bum. I once thought he was legit, but seeing him wobbled by novices and journeymen is getting old... a top fighter with the WILL to win will KO him.

As for Robbe.....abso****inglutely the real deal. People criticize him for his slow starts, taking too many punches, and poor footwork, but what they fail to see is that since about his 8th fight, he's systematically beaten his guy down until he saw the opportunity to bust him up. Once he smells a KO it's his to be had.
His slow pace works against his opponents, lulling them into a comfort zone, b/c when he decides it time to take them out, they're unprepared for the handspeed coming while he setting up his KO.
exactly he takes to many punches his footwork is crap and his skill set is shite..he can bang tho..can you see him making these so called slow starts against the top men instead of these old ****ers hes been feasting on???boxing fans can be so ****ing naive sometimes its unreal..i mean if your being outboxed by an old out of shape white wolf then theres something wrong..and yes he knocked him out well..but we all seen it and know the man gassed out due to his nose being broke early on..sorry but this man needs to improve alot if he has to be considered a REAL threat
Old 10-27-2011, 05:36 AM   #24
itsa huge bitch
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallworkjake123 View Post
He hasn't got the best boxing skills, but he's exciting and fun to watch. A fight with him and Fury would be ****ing brilliant to watch.
this post here is whats wrong with boxing fans...i mean if you think a fighter is exciting just because hes got a shit defence gets hit alot and cant move then i dont know what the ****s wrong with the world
Old 10-27-2011, 06:17 AM   #25
VIP
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 345

There is NO challengers for the Klitschkos. So we need to find someone who can give them a good fight. Helenius is big, has power and can develop into a top contender.
VIP is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2011, 06:25 AM   #26
lzolnier
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsa huge bitch View Post
bydenko is decent for an up and comer.but koing has beens guys who are only off brutalizing beat downs and a man who hadnt boxed in years who is also a hasbeen dosnt impress me one bit

Its called clever match making. His people are good at selecting name opponents who are just past their prime. Still the other poster is right in saying Helenius' career is progressing much more rapidly than K2 at this stage in time. This is admirable, but not always optimal because there is usually a big plateau somewhere in the middle, as we see with Povetkin.
lzolnier is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2011, 06:28 AM   #27
lzolnier
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIP View Post
There is NO challengers for the Klitschkos. So we need to find someone who can give them a good fight. Helenius is big, has power and can develop into a top contender.

Unless he maigcally aquires talent overnight, his only shot against Wlad is a Hail Mary. I'd gladly take that though, especially considering Wlad's next woefully inadaquate, undeserving opponent.
lzolnier is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2011, 06:41 AM   #28
itsa huge bitch
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by lzolnier View Post
Its called clever match making. His people are good at selecting name opponents who are just past their prime. Still the other poster is right in saying Helenius' career is progressing much more rapidly than K2 at this stage in time. This is admirable, but not always optimal because there is usually a big plateau somewhere in the middle, as we see with Povetkin.
well wlad was fighting alot more than robert at this stage of his carrer.also he wasnt feasting on hasbeens..plus wlad or vitali didnt have a tough time with most of the opp..helenuis had a tuff time with peter and sergai ffs both out of shape one of a beat down and the other out of retirement.yet he gets alot of praise.sorry im just not convinced on him..id like to see him vs chagaev,thompson or someone of that calibre..they are slightly over the hill..not completly done
Old 10-27-2011, 07:32 AM   #29
wallworkjake123
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownfightfan View Post
Yeah for 2 rounds until Robbe tests Fury's chin, finds it seriously lacking and decides it soon enough to order dinner

Fury is a chinachinned bum. I once thought he was legit, but seeing him wobbled by novices and journeymen is getting old... a top fighter with the WILL to win will KO him.

As for Robbe.....abso****inglutely the real deal. People criticize him for his slow starts, taking too many punches, and poor footwork, but what they fail to see is that since about his 8th fight, he's systematically beaten his guy down until he saw the opportunity to bust him up. Once he smells a KO it's his to be had.
His slow pace works against his opponents, lulling them into a comfort zone, b/c when he decides it time to take them out, they're unprepared for the handspeed coming while he setting up his KO.
What an idiot. Just because they are journey men doesnt mean they havnt got a good punch. Watch some boxing u idiot.
wallworkjake123 is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2011, 07:54 AM   #30
chico g
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1038

He's got excellent power, but the fighters he's came up against recently are carefully handpicked . It compliments his performances, because the Ex Champs he's beat, have taken some hellacious beatings in the past. Throw him in there with a more speedy technical boxer, and i reckon he might have some problems....
chico g is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum