Old 10-27-2011, 07:57 AM   #31
itsa huge bitch
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 762
Default Re: Robert Helenius...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico g View Post
He's got excellent power, but the fighters he's came up against recently are carefully handpicked . It compliments his performances, because the Ex Champs he's beat, have taken some hellacious beatings in the past. Throw him in there with a more speedy technical boxer, and i reckon he might have some problems....
true..hed struggle with chagaev and povotkin would beat his ass..haye would make him look foolish
itsa huge bitch is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2011, 08:16 AM   #32
canis-lupus

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsa huge bitch View Post
true..hed struggle with chagaev and povotkin would beat his ass..haye would make him look foolish

Really Hope he fight Chagaev or Johnson next and then even haters believe him to be real threat to Klitschko's

Haye couldn't do nothing to Helenius in sparring..

Last edited by canis-lupus; 10-27-2011 at 08:46 AM.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:17 AM   #33
Blake Rayne
Fat Cuban Aficianado
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
this post here is whats wrong with boxing fans...i mean if you think a fighter is exciting just because hes got a shit defence gets hit alot and cant move then i dont know what the ****s wrong with the world
Blake Rayne is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2011, 11:55 AM   #34
itsa huge bitch
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by canis-lupus View Post
Really Hope he fight Chagaev or Johnson next and then even haters believe him to be real threat to Klitschko's

Haye couldn't do nothing to Helenius in sparring..
sparring??dont get me started on sparring rumurs...i hope he fights chagaev..chagaev is past it hes just not active enough and i still think hed make helenius look foolish...helenius does have the power to stop him tho should chaggy get sloppy just like sergai
Old 10-27-2011, 12:01 PM   #35
Son of Gaul
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 248

Rangy with good pop and a varied arsenal but his body needs to get stronger and he needs to take conditioning more seriously.
Son of Gaul is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2011, 12:25 PM   #36
canis-lupus

vCash:

Quote:
sparring??dont get me started on sparring rumurs...i hope he fights chagaev..chagaev is past it hes just not active enough and i still think hed make helenius look foolish...helenius does have the power to stop him tho should chaggy get sloppy just like sergai
Helenius himself say'ed that Haye sparring goes much better than he expect and time was when he was training hardly power so he was not in the quickest mod himself
Old 10-27-2011, 12:26 PM   #37
vnyc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

he's overrated ,but has some serious KO power.
vnyc is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2011, 12:28 PM   #38
antonio8904
Atheist
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Left View Post
he is slow, clumsy and looks out of shape. But he has KO'ed some names, so...
this...^

more the reason i'd love to see him fight Fury. that would be hysterical to watch...
antonio8904 is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2011, 12:31 PM   #39
Brickhaus
Packs the house
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
Can somebody please explain to me what the big deal is with this guy?

This isn't a criticism, but a genuine question, as there's always a new 'up-and-coming' challenger.. but generally fails to deliver.. especially over the past 5 years or so.

So is this guy really the real deal? and if he isn't.. who is?
He's not that great, but he's powerful, aggressive and big. He fights like a cross between Kelly Pavlik and Carl Froch, IMO, which would be fine if he was quicker, but he's really slow, awkward and robotic. Dude's there to be tagged by anyone who has handspeed though, and his footwork is dreadful. That said, he's good at mixing up his punches and works the body a lot for a guy who's 6'6".

So is he great? No. Is he probably better than 99% of the current heavyweight division? Sure. Long term, is he the best prospect out there? I doubt it. Not that any of these guys lack flaws, but I like Pulev, Fury and a few others better over the long haul. But there's little reason he can't be as good as most of the guys who were heavyweight titlists in the mid-2000's.
Brickhaus is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2011, 12:31 PM   #40
Big Red
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1036

He is a huge guy so he is not going to look that speedy and nimble. Same thing applys to most bigger fighters as you go up in weight classes the fighters in general become less agile looking with a slower tempo.
Big Red is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2011, 12:57 PM   #41
Rico Spadafora
Best Chin On ESB
East Side VIP

vCash: 1158

He does have legit power and he is a big guy and people are obsessed with wanting to see the Klitschko's fight someone their own size although both have already done it multiple times but people ignore it and say they just win because they are bigger than everyone else
Rico Spadafora is online now  Top
Old 10-27-2011, 01:05 PM   #42
RazzAxx
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
exactly he takes to many punches his footwork is crap and his skill set is shite..he can bang tho..can you see him making these so called slow starts against the top men instead of these old ****ers hes been feasting on???boxing fans can be so ****ing naive sometimes its unreal..i mean if your being outboxed by an old out of shape white wolf then theres something wrong..and yes he knocked him out well..but we all seen it and know the man gassed out due to his nose being broke early on..sorry but this man needs to improve alot if he has to be considered a REAL threat

Liakhovich - 35 years old
Peter - 30
Levin - 34
Tony - 33

None of them seems to be too far away from their prime in age for a heavy weight compared to, for example:

Vitali Klitschko - 40 years old
Wladimir Klitschko - 35

Some might even say that a heavy weight quite often reaches his prime around 30-35 years old.

Robert is 27 and everyone is here saying he is still far away from his prime. Meanwhile, some clowns claim he is beating past prime old men like a 30 year old Peter. Haters are gonna hate. Robert is never going to be the most popular HW ever since he is not from a big boxing country and is not the kind of individual who would care much about acting outside the ring to boost hype about himself, but he will be notified as one of the biggest punchers in the game after his career is over. And purely based on the results and what he does in the ring, unlike the numerous guys who will be/are remembered mostly for what they did outside the ring.
RazzAxx is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2011, 01:16 PM   #43
EpsilonAxis
HNIC
ESB Addict

vCash: 2296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetkincaid View Post
He's like a super sized Kelly Pavlik in that at first glance he doesn't look all that impressive, but he has some skill and he can crack.
A perfect summary. Is he going to beat the Klitschkos? Probably not, although his size will do him good the same way it did Tony Thompson.

But I think he could give Vitali a good tussle.
EpsilonAxis is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2011, 01:17 PM   #44
itsa huge bitch
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by canis-lupus View Post
Helenius himself say'ed that Haye sparring goes much better than he expect and time was when he was training hardly power so he was not in the quickest mod himself
well you do realise they got him in to spar not to fight??to try stuff on him ect ect ect..any fool could see haye could pot shot helenuis all night long..and his whiskers would be tested
Old 10-27-2011, 01:24 PM   #45
itsa huge bitch
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazzAxx View Post

Liakhovich - 35 years old
Peter - 30
Levin - 34
Tony - 33

None of them seems to be too far away from their prime in age for a heavy weight compared to, for example:

Vitali Klitschko - 40 years old
Wladimir Klitschko - 35

Some might even say that a heavy weight quite often reaches his prime around 30-35 years old.

Robert is 27 and everyone is here saying he is still far away from his prime. Meanwhile, some clowns claim he is beating past prime old men like a 30 year old Peter. Haters are gonna hate. Robert is never going to be the most popular HW ever since he is not from a big boxing country and is not the kind of individual who would care much about acting outside the ring to boost hype about himself, but he will be notified as one of the biggest punchers in the game after his career is over. And purely based on the results and what he does in the ring, unlike the numerous guys who will be/are remembered mostly for what they did outside the ring.
jesus **** where to start...peter while not being on this planet for as long as wlad and vitali has been in 3 brutal fights with the klit brothers alone he was also slapped silly by chambers..so in that sence he was old and past it he was out of shape ect ect...the white wolf has been through some wars and hadnt fought in over a year and still boxed roberts ears off untill he gassed..brewster again has took some terrible beatings and was past it....i dont even need to talk about gregory or levin are you insane lol...bydenko is the only win i give him credit for and even that isnt all to great...

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum