Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 10-30-2011, 02:42 PM   #16
CamR21
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 736
Default Re: Why aren't we talking about Mike "The Rebel" Perez?

Has too much weight
CamR21 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2011, 02:43 PM   #17
Seckah
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat$$$ View Post
... he pays his taxes though!
nice one
Seckah is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2011, 04:37 PM   #18
Pat$$$
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soloman View Post
he needs to more active
True. This seems to be a pretty decent answer. I'm not to sold on his punch accuracy, but what can you expect from a young prospect. He will develop!
Pat$$$ is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2011, 04:48 PM   #19
Samurai's Slice
ESB Legend
East Side Guru

Location: Follow my blog, Boxing Legends on Facebook for the most up to date boxing news!
vCash: 163

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat$$$ View Post
... well, why ain't we? He is undefeated, better than Chisora and has a win over David Price in the amatuers. He looks more impressive- ko-wise- than does Helenius, even though Helenius has faced somewhat better opposition.

I think after about 5 more fights, at least two of those against top 10 contenders, he deserves a chance to get a title shot. What do you think?

His next slate of fights should go something like this:

1. Legit Bum

2. Journeyman- Boswell, Bostice, Grant, Guinn, Ruiz, Golota, et al you pick one...

3. Over-bloated bum- Chisora, Sam, Fields (again), or some European title contender who ain't worth the price of soda pop at the weigh in let alone a seat at the fight.

4. A legit contender- Thompson, Arreola, Adamek, Ibragimov, Helenius, Johnson, Stiverne....

5. Title shot- Wlad, Potvetkin, or Vitali...

And that's that!
He is a good fighter. Hard hitter. He is moving at a good pace. Let him go for a bit.
Samurai's Slice is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2011, 06:19 PM   #20
Son of Gaul
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 248

I agree that he's explosive but he's obviously short by modern HW standards and doesn't punch as hard as people are letting on. Also, at his size he'll have to expose himself to a LOT of punishment so he needs to get on the fast track and start making things happen as I believe his window of opportunity will close at around 30.
Peter or Rahman would be a good test for him but I don't think he's ready for Chambers, Arreola, Adamek(if he decides to keep fighting) or any of the other middle of the road HW contenders.
Son of Gaul is offline  Top
Old 10-30-2011, 11:46 PM   #21
Pat$$$
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Gaul View Post
I agree that he's explosive but he's obviously short by modern HW standards and doesn't punch as hard as people are letting on. Also, at his size he'll have to expose himself to a LOT of punishment so he needs to get on the fast track and start making things happen as I believe his window of opportunity will close at around 30.
Peter or Rahman would be a good test for him but I don't think he's ready for Chambers, Arreola, Adamek(if he decides to keep fighting) or any of the other middle of the road HW contenders.
For now a Peter and above fight would be too much for him. I would put him in with Peter, Helenius and the like at about the fourth stage. Rahman may be a good journeyman fight for him... perhaps even on the third rung where we speak about the over-bloated contenders. Point's 3 and 3 can be interchangeable depending on your management style, where you see Perez going, etc etc...
Pat$$$ is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum