Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

 
  


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2011, 09:10 PM   #16
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 19,893
vCash: 75
Default Re: Amir Khan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook! View Post
I think in the end demand could make it happen! Money talks, i feel this could be after khan losses to floyd, maybe khans last fight, he has spoke about having a small career and retiring with all his braincells in tact.
Yeah, after Khan loses to Floyd, I can see him be far more willing to make fights with lesser guys. Prescott being one of them.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:14 PM   #17
Hook!
Proud member of team G.
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Check hook avenue. Essex.
Posts: 4,733
vCash: 889
Default Re: Amir Khan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Yeah, after Khan loses to Floyd, I can see him be far more willing to make fights with lesser guys. Prescott being one of them.
I would ****ing love khan to knock the **** out of prescott!
Hook! is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:14 PM   #18
DDDUUDDDEE
Undisputed Ambien (taker)
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,809
vCash: 500
Default Re: Amir Khan

If Khan sticks to his plans to retire before his 30's (that's a big if though), I could see Prescott being one of his last ever fights (if he's still around by then). Y'know, to tie up some lose ends and all.
DDDUUDDDEE is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2011, 09:16 PM   #19
danieljenkins
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,129
vCash: 500
Default Re: Amir Khan

khan will never ever be ready for mayweather
danieljenkins is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:17 PM   #20
Hook!
Proud member of team G.
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Check hook avenue. Essex.
Posts: 4,733
vCash: 889
Default Re: Amir Khan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDUUDDDEE View Post
If Khan sticks to his plans to retire before his 30's (that's a big if though), I could see Prescott being one of his last ever fights (if he's still around by then). Y'know, to tie up some lose ends and all.
It would give me so much satisfaction to see khan knock the **** out of prescott!
Hook! is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:18 PM   #21
Hook!
Proud member of team G.
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Check hook avenue. Essex.
Posts: 4,733
vCash: 889
Default Re: Amir Khan

Quote:
Originally Posted by danieljenkins View Post
khan will never ever be ready for mayweather
I know but it will be nice if he goes 12 rounds with him as a pose to getting KTFO!
Hook! is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:21 PM   #22
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 19,893
vCash: 75
Default Re: Amir Khan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook! View Post
I would ****ing love khan to knock the **** out of prescott!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDUUDDDEE View Post
If Khan sticks to his plans to retire before his 30's (that's a big if though), I could see Prescott being one of his last ever fights (if he's still around by then). Y'know, to tie up some lose ends and all.
That's why I keep telling those people - who are accusing Khan of ducking Prescott - that Prescott is being saved for a time when Khan needs to fight him. Right now, he's doing really well and is on a collision course with the great Floyd Mayweather; a man who, in all likelihood, will end Khan's run of wins with ease. And when that happens, Khan will need something to fall back on to win back some support. That's when Prescott enters the picture. You've just got you butt kicked by Floyd? No biggie. The next fight will use the 'revenge' angle, and regain some of that respect if you win good.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:22 PM   #23
DDDUUDDDEE
Undisputed Ambien (taker)
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,809
vCash: 500
Default Re: Amir Khan

I think Khan gives a declining Mayweather a competitive fight in about 1 or 2 years. Chances are he still loses, and pretty clearly too... but who cares?, he lost to the best and it would be a good learning experience, being in there with a master boxer like Floyd.
DDDUUDDDEE is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:25 PM   #24
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 19,893
vCash: 75
Default Re: Amir Khan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDUUDDDEE View Post
I think Khan gives a declining Mayweather a competitive fight in about 1 or 2 years. Chances are he still loses, and pretty clearly too... but who cares?, he lost to the best and it would be a good learning experience, being in there with a master boxer like Floyd.
If Khan lasts the full 12 and wins about 4 of them, I'd be very happy for him.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:26 PM   #25
Hook!
Proud member of team G.
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Check hook avenue. Essex.
Posts: 4,733
vCash: 889
Default Re: Amir Khan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
That's why I keep telling those people - who are accusing Khan of ducking Prescott - that Prescott is being saved for a time when Khan needs to fight him. Right now, he's doing really well and is on a collision course with the great Floyd Mayweather; a man who, in all likelihood, will end Khan's run of wins with ease. And when that happens, Khan will need something to fall back on to win back some support. That's when Prescott enters the picture. You've just got you butt kicked by Floyd? No biggie. The next fight will use the 'revenge' angle, and regain some of that respect if you win good.
Clever thinking!

Nice perspective, fighters careers are planned to a certain extent, a business plan as well as legacy building plans.
Hook! is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:27 PM   #26
Hook!
Proud member of team G.
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Check hook avenue. Essex.
Posts: 4,733
vCash: 889
Default Re: Amir Khan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDUUDDDEE View Post
I think Khan gives a declining Mayweather a competitive fight in about 1 or 2 years. Chances are he still loses, and pretty clearly too... but who cares?, he lost to the best and it would be a good learning experience, being in there with a master boxer like Floyd.
I hope so

It would break my heart to see him get Ko'ed like hatton
Hook! is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:32 PM   #27
cippi
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Saint Clair Shores, Michigan
Posts: 5,289
vCash: 11570
Default Re: Amir Khan

after khan beats peterson i think he will move up to 147 an his next 3 fights will be

1. khan v m jones - Khan wins 4th rd ko
2. khan v may- floyd wins 10th rd ko
3. khan v alexander- khan wins SD
cippi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:34 PM   #28
Hook!
Proud member of team G.
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Check hook avenue. Essex.
Posts: 4,733
vCash: 889
Default Re: Amir Khan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cippi View Post
after khan beats peterson i think he will move up to 147 an his next 3 fights will be

1. khan v m jones - Khan wins 4th rd ko
2. khan v may- floyd wins 10th rd ko
3. khan v alexander- khan wins SD
I don't think this will happen but I respect your opinion
No way will Roach let khan fight money may in his second welter fight
Hook! is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:41 PM   #29
squanto
Feline Casanova
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 302
vCash: 735
Default Re: Amir Khan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Moe View Post
Maidanas best shots?

slow azz maidana wont touch special K

how many losses does maidana have?

ok then.
I haven't seen much of Brook, but were talking about a different level of competition at this point. Brook's best win is over that Polish gatekeeper while Maidana has experience at a higher level.
squanto is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:44 PM   #30
Hook!
Proud member of team G.
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Check hook avenue. Essex.
Posts: 4,733
vCash: 889
Default Re: Amir Khan

Quote:
Originally Posted by squanto View Post
I haven't seen much of Brook, but were talking about a different level of competition at this point. Brook's best win is over that Polish gatekeeper while Maidana has experience at a higher level.
Brook is good, but has a lot to prove, showing all the right signs though
Hook! is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013