boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2011, 06:03 PM   #76
doylexxx
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,355
vCash: 1000
Default Re: How come no other boxer is afraid to meet Pac ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexrapper 1 View Post
You could flip that easily. I don't believe Floyd is afraid of Manny because he came back to boxing. If im not mistaken, Floyd said he wanted to "take his thrown back". Well Manny is sitting on the thrown. There is no way Floyd thought he was going to come back to boxing and not fight Manny. As soon as he came back he knew that everyone wanted to see that fight. If you want to blame anyone then blame Floyd Sr. He is the one that told Floyd to have Manny be tested.
It's his daddy fault he cant show up and fight Pacman ?

Interesting theory.
doylexxx is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-30-2011, 07:07 PM   #77
Smazz20
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,426
vCash: 75
Default Re: How come no other boxer is afraid to meet Pac ??

I sincerely doubt Mayweather is afraid to fight Pacman. He just wants to get paid and in a certain sense he probably wants to have the age factor excuse at the ready if he were to lose. But imo, if Mayweather-Pac happens in the next 18 months, Pac loses.
Smazz20 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:30 PM   #78
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 30,839
vCash: 0
Default Re: How come no other boxer is afraid to meet Pac ??

Ok let me give you a real answer. No other boxer can make 40 million dollars fighting Victor Ortiz in the world. Also Floyd Mayweather is the only fighter who could force Pacquiao to take the test. Floyd casually asked for the test with no accusations at first, but the accusations came when Pac declined them and freaked out.

Now once that happened, suspicion came and Floyd wasn't the only person who was going to require Pacquiao to test. The only reason they don't still insist on it is because they know a fight would be made with him or/and they know he's clean.

Mosley said he wished he asked Pacquiao to test and Timothy Bradley was going to require Pac to take the test also
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] scene.com/bradley-fight-require-olympic-testing-on-pacquiao--24313
(take the space out in between boxing_scene)

Richard Schaefer also said he'd make Pacquiao take the test to fight Marquez and any Golden Boy Promotions fighter

bballchump11 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:41 PM   #79
Stovepipe
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,352
vCash: 975
Default Re: How come no other boxer is afraid to meet Pac ??

Floyd doesn't want to fight Pacquiao.
Stovepipe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:51 PM   #80
thawk888
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Northeastern United States
Posts: 8,996
vCash: 500
Default Re: How come no other boxer is afraid to meet Pac ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmi View Post
If Floyd fans will only do some research, they will learn that blood tests do not catch the cheats. It is the urine test that had caught the cheats. So this blood test demand of Floyd is actually useless. The urine testing has a bigger chance of catching the cheat and Pac agreed to unlimited urine testing.
wtf?
thawk888 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:06 PM   #81
blur
WLADGLASSJAW
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: between your girlfriends legs
Posts: 3,242
vCash: 1000
Default Re: How come no other boxer is afraid to meet Pac ??

Pacs camp agreed to the blood testing (RANDOM) and its all over the internet! why is floyd still not making negotiations to fight pac? i really dont get floyds mentality! he said all pac has to do is take the damn tests, now pac said yes to this fkin test and where is floyd? he is still singing the same tune! take da tests take da tests! its getting annoying! stop the ducking phlease!
blur is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:43 PM   #82
brainiac74
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 58
vCash: 500
Default Re: How come no other boxer is afraid to meet Pac ??

I don't really think this has anything to do with PED testing (a red herring). Besides Mayweather, every other boxer has nothing to lose fighting Pac and makes a huge payday while they are at it. Timothy Bradley's future fight prospects don't really diminish if he loses to Pacquiao since he is already inferior to Pac in most people's eyes. If Bradley lost to Pac, Khan vs. Bradley is nearly as marketable/viable since both fighters are considered to be a tier below Pac anyway. Same goes for Mayweather... besides Pacquiao, every other boxer risks little for a huge payday. So what, you lost to Mayweather. So has everyone else. If Mayweather fights Pac, a loss might not be worth the big one time payday... he might make less from each of 4-5 future easy fights and end up with less money overall than if he never fought Pac at all. Again, I think this can be flipped... Pacquiao is already making tons of money tearing apart inferior fighters. Is it really worth the risk to fight Mayweather?... only if you are nearly 100% positive you will win. I don't think either fighter is 100% confident of victory(no matter how much posturing they do)
brainiac74 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:48 PM   #83
Popshots
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 729
vCash: 1000
Default Re: How come no other boxer is afraid to meet Pac ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by doylexxx View Post
no bull**** about tests or ppvs

seems like all the other boxers will meet Pac in the ring except May

no ppv or test bull****

wassup with that ?
Well thats how cheaters are caught. Make them do something nobody has ever asked. Trinidad's wraps, Margarito's hand wraps etc.. Nice guys cheat as well (Shane Mosley). Floyd has more to lose in a defeat then Pac does. He's already lost and by KO twice. They also seemed very against it at first which raises questions.

Just giving you possible reasons besides the unoriginal answer of "because he's scared" etc
Popshots is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:51 PM   #84
Boxed Ears
Mirage Athleticism
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Surrealistic Regurgitation Format Poster
Posts: 25,659
vCash: 0
Default Re: How come no other boxer is afraid to meet Pac ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by blur View Post
Pacs camp agreed to the blood testing (RANDOM) and its all over the internet! why is floyd still not making negotiations to fight pac? i really dont get floyds mentality! he said all pac has to do is take the damn tests, now pac said yes to this fkin test and where is floyd? he is still singing the same tune! take da tests take da tests! its getting annoying! stop the ducking phlease!

da fuk?! he sayin 2 test bcuz MANNY NEVER AGREED! Pac****S!
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:57 PM   #85
AnotherFan
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,676
vCash: 500
Default Re: How come no other boxer is afraid to meet Pac ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hook! View Post
Thank you!!!!!!
It is beyond me how you can fall for such a silly excuse. The whole "take the test"-argument is nothing but a smoke screen, and only the true believers still hang on to it.

Floyd is ducking Packman, because he is paranoid about losing face in front of his friends.
AnotherFan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 11:01 PM   #86
AnotherFan
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,676
vCash: 500
Default Re: How come no other boxer is afraid to meet Pac ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitta_Squadup View Post
You're right and every fighter you have named would take the test to fight Floyd so your argument is bull**** because we can say the same for both why is the other afraid to fight the other when any other boxer will fight either with testing or not, Floyd doesn't need Manny he gets big money anyway, he doesn't care what you or I think about him being scared or all that other bull**** you're talking, this is a business to Floyd his career he's in it to make money and he can do that without Manny and vice versa, if they don't fight **** it why continue to cry about it, its been going on for years test or no fight, you act as if this news is new to you, if you want to see the fight so ****ing bad then you should lobby for Pac to take the ****ing test because Floyd isn't backing down from his position...
Reality check.

Floyd goes nowhere near negotiations with Packman.

And he spits the take the test-**** as if it actually ment something. You need to understand real negotiations is something completly different.
AnotherFan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 11:22 PM   #87
11Hopeful
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 78
vCash: 1000
Default Re: How come no other boxer is afraid to meet Pac ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainiac74 View Post
I don't really think this has anything to do with PED testing (a red herring). Besides Mayweather, every other boxer has nothing to lose fighting Pac and makes a huge payday while they are at it. Timothy Bradley's future fight prospects don't really diminish if he loses to Pacquiao since he is already inferior to Pac in most people's eyes. If Bradley lost to Pac, Khan vs. Bradley is nearly as marketable/viable since both fighters are considered to be a tier below Pac anyway. Same goes for Mayweather... besides Pacquiao, every other boxer risks little for a huge payday. So what, you lost to Mayweather. So has everyone else. If Mayweather fights Pac, a loss might not be worth the big one time payday... he might make less from each of 4-5 future easy fights and end up with less money overall than if he never fought Pac at all. Again, I think this can be flipped... Pacquiao is already making tons of money tearing apart inferior fighters. Is it really worth the risk to fight Mayweather?... only if you are nearly 100% positive you will win. I don't think either fighter is 100% confident of victory(no matter how much posturing they do)

This might have been true a few years back, but for Pac... the amount of credible opponents are really limited and he is nearing retirement. I think that is why Pac's team are considering Martinez. There is nothing left to prove after his Nov fight and if Mayweather doesn't come through then he has a young up and comer fight then a farewell fight.
11Hopeful is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015