Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 11-04-2011, 07:44 AM   #31
T.C.W
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Darchinyan V Moreno

cool, all 7 needs to do is promote the thing, so people know it is on.
T.C.W is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2011, 07:48 AM   #32
StiffJab
Butcher Berridge
ESB Addict

vCash: 2746

He'll yeah, they should promote Vic as the blood thirsty, hammer fisted psycho he is and Put ads on prime time to get the new UFC yuppies interested.
StiffJab is offline  Top
Old 11-04-2011, 04:38 PM   #33
baha74
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

This is just the bst news 'ever'. Vic on FTA! As TCW said, it's al about promotion now. Sure, the fight might be broadcast live and on FTA but if no one knows about it what's the point?

But Channel 7 also need to get people interested once they become aware of this event. Maybe some footage of Vic K people TFO or reporting on the issues associated with Mares and Agbeko and low blows and turning it into something like a soapie..

If only it wasn't at the same time as the Cotto v Margarito re-match

Congrats to Elias and Vic and welcome to ESB Elias! Good luck Vic, my Christmas has come early!!
baha74 is offline  Top
Old 11-04-2011, 09:51 PM   #34
noobie
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Hopefully Vic gets heaps of people watching but I doubt it considering the Cotto fight,
and the V8's, plus the fight is on Sunday around 12 which isnt prime time.

This fight will get all us Vic fans watching for sure but the general public ain't gonna leave the V8's or the beach at midday on a Sunday.

Someone mention Kostya-Jesse James was replayed at 10pm, I reckon Vic would get more people watching at night than Sunday lunchtime, I hope I'm wrong and its like the cup, all Australia stops for Vic D and another world title win but just cant see this happening.
noobie is offline  Top
Old 11-04-2011, 09:56 PM   #35
perfect jet
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I think 7 are banking on two cant miss fights to draw in viewers for the future, moreso than vic. Darch is 36 or 37 yrs old?...i dont think its a plan to get in to the vic d business.

I think (hope) this works really well for dan geale. A fresh face, likeable persona, has a belt in a rich division. Keeping his belt is going to be the hard part, that division runs deep.
perfect jet is offline  Top
Old 11-04-2011, 11:04 PM   #36
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfect jet View Post
I think 7 are banking on two cant miss fights to draw in viewers for the future, moreso than vic. Darch is 36 or 37 yrs old?...i dont think its a plan to get in to the vic d business.

I think (hope) this works really well for dan geale. A fresh face, likeable persona, has a belt in a rich division. Keeping his belt is going to be the hard part, that division runs deep.
Completely agree. Both of those fights should be barn burners. I'll be interested to see how well it's promoted by Channel 7. It shouldn't be too hard, but I'm not holding my breath.
ipswich express is offline  Top
Old 11-04-2011, 11:17 PM   #37
perfect jet
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipswich express View Post
Completely agree. Both of those fights should be barn burners. I'll be interested to see how well it's promoted by Channel 7. It shouldn't be too hard, but I'm not holding my breath.
Exactly, lets hope its not a half assed effort in advertising it and then the seven executives throw their hands up and wonder why it didnt rate.

Its a neiche sport, its going to take a bit of time and investment from 7. Lets hope they do it right and arent expecting instant gains. I hope they are commited to making it work but free to air stations are known to wipe new shows after two or three poor rating episodes.
perfect jet is offline  Top
Old 11-04-2011, 11:36 PM   #38
daz52
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1195

Darchinyan on free to air.

Along with Mares V Agbeko II

Showtime commentators.

This is the best news I have heard in a long time. Elias Nasser we dont know each other but mate this is huge and amazing you or whoever else got it done!
daz52 is offline  Top
Old 11-05-2011, 02:24 AM   #39
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

It is awesome news..but i will still be watching the Cotto vs Margarito card instead.
Simply the best card of the year.
Kegsy is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum