Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 10-10-2011, 01:06 PM   #31
KillSomething
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 202
Default Re: My friend is sick

He shouldn't be replacing his meals with protein shakes. He needs to eat normally like you do and then ADD the shakes/supplements. If that's all he's eating he may develop vitamin deficiencies.

They're supplements, not replacements, make sure he understands the difference.
KillSomething is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2011, 01:43 PM   #32
Juxhin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 95

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillSomething View Post
He shouldn't be replacing his meals with protein shakes. He needs to eat normally like you do and then ADD the shakes/supplements. If that's all he's eating he may develop vitamin deficiencies.

They're supplements, not replacements, make sure he understands the difference.
thanks alot, ill tell him
Juxhin is offline  Top
Old 10-10-2011, 07:59 PM   #33
Spooner21
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

nobodies gunna hit their genetic potential at age 15. it takes years to get to that point. i used to weigh a buck 70 at age 16 and was one of those guys who claimed couldnt gain weight no matter how hard i tried. but i kept eating and lifting weights and by the time my senior year of highschool was getting out i was 230lbs. keep in mind that wasnt all muscle, i gained some fat but stayed pretty lean. my weight has stayed the same since. if i gain any more ill get fat. im just letting the size gains come slowly now. if he keeps it up he'll put on size. and its gunna take alot for someone of his size to get fat. i wouldnt worry about it
Spooner21 is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2011, 01:51 AM   #34
Sunstone

vCash: 1000

i couldn't gain wieght untill i was 25 and still not much . im 6,4 and was 175 lb from 16 years to 25 , now im 36 and only 195. tell him its beter than the other way around - not being able to lose wieght.
Sunstone is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2011, 03:02 AM   #35
pichuchu
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
i couldn't gain wieght untill i was 25 and still not much . im 6,4 and was 175 lb from 16 years to 25 , now im 36 and only 195. tell him its beter than the other way around - not being able to lose wieght.
NO just no... Your telling me its better for a teen to be severly underweight and not be able to gain weight (everyone can gain weight just eat more cals) then it is not being able to lose weight??
pichuchu is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2011, 03:45 AM   #36
chieftainduke
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I'm around 1.75m and up until the age of around 25, I weight around 58-60kg and was skinny. I used to think that I couldn't put weight on or that my metabolism was too fast. The I started to take it seriously by going to the gym regularly and increasing my food intake as well as drinking protein shakes at the proper times. I'm now around 80kg and pretty lean, around 12% bf. When I stop going to the gym for a few weeks such as times when I am on holiday, the weight falls off me. Your friend is naturally skinny but with a bit of effort, the weight can easily be put on then he'll hopefully feel a bit better.
chieftainduke is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2011, 05:01 AM   #37
Juxhin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Update: Ye guys i helped him gain weight. Hes eating much much more and hes a good 48Kg now and has his first fight in december 7th vs a 49Kg so hes lookin good
Juxhin is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2011, 07:01 AM   #38
pichuchu
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Update: Ye guys i helped him gain weight. Hes eating much much more and hes a good 48Kg now and has his first fight in december 7th vs a 49Kg so hes lookin good
How does he know the weight of his opponent already?? And wow you lot get a month and a half notice inbetween fights?
pichuchu is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2011, 07:30 AM   #39
Juxhin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pichuchu View Post
How does he know the weight of his opponent already?? And wow you lot get a month and a half notice inbetween fights?
we sparred with their gym once. Ye in Malta we dont have alot of fights and the fights are settled like 2 weeks before the fight night so ye sometimes we get 3 months notice which i like so i can train like a horse
Juxhin is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2011, 07:47 AM   #40
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chieftainduke View Post
When I stop going to the gym for a few weeks such as times when I am on holiday, the weight falls off me.
Not going to the gym does not cause you to lose weight, not consuming enough calories causes weight loss.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2011, 07:48 AM   #41
pichuchu
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
we sparred with their gym once. Ye in Malta we dont have alot of fights and the fights are settled like 2 weeks before the fight night so ye sometimes we get 3 months notice which i like so i can train like a horse
Lucky here we rarely get a weeks notice etc and sometimes other guy comes in 4 or so kg overweight or doesnt show up at all-_-
pichuchu is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2011, 08:46 AM   #42
Juxhin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

ye happens here to.. guy talks alot of shit for 2 months then doesnt show up on the night or quits out 2 days before
Juxhin is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2011, 04:56 PM   #43
nicedog

Im 29 and cant believe i looked as young as my 19 year old coworkers do, women i stared at in college look so young to me im a dish washer, the things at 19 i saw 21 year old women do is odd to me for the waitresses now so yah its decieving, age is
nicedog is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2011, 05:51 PM   #44
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicedog View Post
Im 29 and cant believe i looked as young as my 19 year old coworkers do, women i stared at in college look so young to me im a dish washer, the things at 19 i saw 21 year old women do is odd to me for the waitresses now so yah its decieving, age is
What the **** did you just say?
viru§™ is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing