People that did not watch.
HENDO is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2011, 12:43 PM   #3
jimmie
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Break down the following fights

Shogun-Henderson : This is a tough fight and I could see it going 2 different ways. As great as a puncher Henderson is I actually dont see a KO over Shogun being very likely. Infact the more this fight stays on the feet Shogun has an advantage hes a much more well rounded, precise striker and can see him picking Henderson apart like Anderson Silva did in the 2nd round of that fight and possibly submitt a hurt Henderson. Or Henderson could mix it up, use some standup but use it mostly to setup his takedowns and wrestling. We know Henderson has better stamina then Shogun well actually most guys do and I could see Henderson wearing him down possibly stopping him. Im not sure what I do think will happen though, ive yet to make an actual prediction ill need to watch film then pick.

Ortiz-Lil Nog : I like Tito in this fight. I believe hes stronger, a better wrestler and hes a more confident striker then he was in the past. I give Lil Nog the standup edge but Tito doesnt fight afraid on his feet anymore which could setup that big power double leg. I believe Lil Nog has better Jiujitsu but I cant see him doing awhole lot to Tito's top game. Tito has a great base and excellent GNP. I like Tito by decision.

Mir-Big Nog II : This fight 3 years ago was a huge blowout and I see nothing changing. Mir dominated that fight with the right uppercut-left hand combo and he could not miss. Mir has improved his striking even more so we have seen that in a few fights since and his confidence is improving with it. Nog can still go but hes well past it since that fight hes had more injuries, another KO loss to Cain and a 15 minute war with Couture so hes got even more wear and tear. I got Mir by 1st round knockout.
jimmie is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2011, 02:23 PM   #4
196osh
Mendes Bros.
East Side Guru

vCash: 277

Quote:
Originally Posted by HENDO View Post
Gay dudes rollin around on the ground.

Somebody in the crowd throws up.

The winners?

People that did not watch.
You are such a gay.

Prolly got turned after those wrestlers ****ed you in high school.
196osh is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2011, 03:38 PM   #5
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by HENDO View Post
Gay dudes rollin around on the ground.

Somebody in the crowd goes Full HENDO.

The winner?

My penis.
fixed
rekcutnevets is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2011, 03:51 PM   #6
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru

vCash: 553

Some quick predictions.

Shogun/Hendo- I think Shogun's arsenal while striking will be too much for Hendo, and the 40 year old may crumble before getting his open down to the matt. Big win for Shogun, he could put Hendo away, we shall see.

Ortiz/Lil Nog- This will be highly competitive, but Tito will take him down and control him.

Ortiz UD.

Mir/Big Nog- A good chance this one doesn't get out of the opening round.

Mir TKO2 or dare I say, submission.
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2011, 04:01 PM   #7
Bill Butcher
Erik`El Terrible`Morales
East Side VIP

Location: Phoenix Marie`s ass, Fritzl Residence, Glasgow, Scotland.

Rua-Henderson....
I think Dan is gonna stand with Rua for too long & get busted up on the feet, he`ll land some bombs of his own but Rua will punish his legs with kicks & body with knees for the most part... Hendo will eventually resort to wrestling when he`s hurt, he might get a TD at some point but he won`t get past Rua`s guard if he does get one & Rua will either scramble back to the feet & continue busting Dan up & TKO him or he will catch him in a leglock & win by submission.

Tito- Lil Nog....
Nog should keep this standing & outbox Tito, he should avoid the TD until Tito has been busted up a fair bit, both are past their best but Tito even more so, Nog should keep the pressure on making Tito fight at a fast pace, when he is gassed I think Nog should get this to the ground (top or bottom, doesn`t matter) & make a tired Ortiz play the jiujitsu game, I think Nog can submit Tito Ortiz.

Mir-Big Nog 2....
Mir should keep this standing because he has more left & is a bit bigger than Nogueira, he should be aimng for a stand-up KO as Nog`s punch resistance is nothing compared to what it was at his best, Nog on the other hand should take this fight immediately to the ground, he might be past it but I`ve yet to see a better BJJ HW than Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira & I include Frank Mir in that... it will be the perfect statement & revenge by Big Nog to actually submit Mir.
My head tells me Mir by TKO but my heart says Nog by submission.... so my prediction ? Nog by KO
Bill Butcher is offline  Top
Old 11-09-2011, 04:46 PM   #8
Ai-edy2007
STOCKTON 209 MOTHER****ER
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Butcher View Post
Rua-Henderson....
I think Dan is gonna stand with Rua for too long & get busted up on the feet, he`ll land some bombs of his own but Rua will punish his legs with kicks & body with knees for the most part... Hendo will eventually resort to wrestling when he`s hurt, he might get a TD at some point but he won`t get past Rua`s guard if he does get one & Rua will either scramble back to the feet & continue busting Dan up & TKO him or he will catch him in a leglock & win by submission.

Tito- Lil Nog....
Nog should keep this standing & outbox Tito, he should avoid the TD until Tito has been busted up a fair bit, both are past their best but Tito even more so, Nog should keep the pressure on making Tito fight at a fast pace, when he is gassed I think Nog should get this to the ground (top or bottom, doesn`t matter) & make a tired Ortiz play the jiujitsu game, I think Nog can submit Tito Ortiz.

Mir-Big Nog 2....
Mir should keep this standing because he has more left & is a bit bigger than Nogueira, he should be aimng for a stand-up KO as Nog`s punch resistance is nothing compared to what it was at his best, Nog on the other hand should take this fight immediately to the ground, he might be past it but I`ve yet to see a better BJJ HW than Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira & I include Frank Mir in that... it will be the perfect statement & revenge by Big Nog to actually submit Mir.
My head tells me Mir by TKO but my heart says Nog by submission.... so my prediction ? Nog by KO
+1 im with you bro got the breakdown spot on.
Ai-edy2007 is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2011, 03:11 PM   #9
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Shogun - Henderson

Henderson has stood with some of the best strikers in MMA , and by and large hasnt done too badly with a couple of memorable KO's / TKO's , in this fight , if he stands in front of Shogun , he's standing with a striker who is a level above him , he's not ****in stupid , he's got to know that , and im not buying into it that he's gonna make this a kick boxing fight , therefore i beleive Henderson will shoot in off anything Shogun throws that gives him the opportunity to grab a leg , flip side , Shoguns leg kicks are fast and hard , you cant take too many , also there technically sound , he doesnt leave his rear leg in there , he's immediatley out and re set , Shogun is excellent in the clinch and has an excellent butterfly guard , particularly good at sweeping , the advantage in 1 punch KO power with the hands is Hendersons , but the more precise power punching goes to Shogun , i beleive this fight will come down to the pace of the fight , if Henderson pushes the pace and mixes up his attacks Shogun will struggle , if Henderson cannot get in effectively and take Shogun down , then Shogun controls the pace with surgical stand up , based on there last outings im going with Henderson by decision with a show of superior wrestling mixed in with aggressive walk down stand up and stronger cardio , i beleive Shogun will have his moments but i see Henderson breaking his will .

Henderson UD

Tito - Lil Nog

I dont think Tito's athletic ability is good enough for him to affectively close the distance and secure a TD on Nog , i really dont , his wrestling technique compared to his peers nowadays is actually pretty average , Nog is a better boxer , is younger and fresher , he's a better athlete than Tito , and is a more well rounded fighter , i think Nog has the TD defence to stuff Tito and i see Tito being picked apart on the feet and duely retiring after a decision loss .

Noguerra UD

Mir - Big Nog 2

I was not impressed with Mir's gas tank against Nelson at all , his cardio looked dog awful , he looked over sized again and had too much muscle , i will maintain this statement , Frank Mir should weigh 240 on fight night to be at his best , Noguerra on the other hand was being picked apart by the more active Schaub until he scored a TKO , and Schaub is no striker , in there first fight it was pretty obvious that Nog was not 100% , he showed zero head movement and looked like he hadnt sparred at all , his timing was non existant and he was hit with a variety of combinations and power shots , ultimatley he was over whelmed by superior boxing in every aspect and suffered a 1 sided TKO loss , Mir arguably has improved his stand up further but physically hasnt looked great since Lesnar 2 , neither of these guys will change there style so i think it will come down to who's in shape , and who wants it the most , based on there last fights im edging towards Noguerra here , he will be keen to show the world he's a better man that showed up last time and providing he's had an injury free camp i think Mir's lack of cardio and style matches well with Noguerra's skill set , If Mir shows up in shape and is agile , it may well be a different story

Noguerra Sub 3 RNC
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2011, 06:12 PM   #10
Stoo
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Shogun will kod Hendo

Tito will out wrestle Lil Nog

Mir and Big Nog will be a repeat of the 1st
Stoo is offline  Top