Old 10-29-2011, 02:02 PM   #31
lilsoxo

vCash: 500
Default Re: Boxing and Technology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Ali View Post
When you actually create the product send me a pair to test out... haha jp
You got it Ali!

Quick update from the team: We do not have enough survey results to fully develop the product. Professors require us to have 120 online surveys completed and we're not quite there yet. I hate to ask for any more help than you've already given, because you've all been fantastic, but if you could spread the survey to boxers you know, that would greatly appreciated.

I'm currently in a team meeting and we've definitely made too many assumptions about how competitive boxers would receive our product. =\ But your comments have convinced us that those who box for fitness would be much more interested in purchasing such a glove.
lilsoxo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2011, 07:14 PM   #32
norfolkinchance
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

i think an aspect that no one has mentioned yet is the feedback element. to improve at something you need good feedback to make adjustments.

so i think the biggest use for it would be with making subtle adjustment to technique and then seeing how it makes a difference to the power. over time lotd of little adjust,ments could make a difference to the power. it would need a good coach watching tho to ensure good technique was being followed.

hope that makes sense
norfolkinchance is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2011, 07:27 PM   #33
lilsoxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by norfolkinchance View Post
i think an aspect that no one has mentioned yet is the feedback element. to improve at something you need good feedback to make adjustments.

so i think the biggest use for it would be with making subtle adjustment to technique and then seeing how it makes a difference to the power. over time lotd of little adjust,ments could make a difference to the power. it would need a good coach watching tho to ensure good technique was being followed.

hope that makes sense
That's absolutely a great point. I don't think the product could ever be marketed by itself or ever replaced by a really good trainer. However, it could truly supplement the experience of a good trainer and really enforce what you're learning.

Update! Just had a marketing workshop today where we presented what survey results we had. Out of 110 surveys, only about 25 were in our target market of adults ages 25-44. Only 12 females took the survey. =[

The results yielded the highest purchase intent at a given price of $90 or less. I admit this is rather surprising. If I understand it correctly, a fairly quality glove is around $50-$90. I thought the included technology would surely put our product value above others (if it functions as promised).

I know that most of those in the thread have taken the survey, so is there a particular response anyone has for that?
lilsoxo is offline  Top
Old 10-31-2011, 11:57 PM   #34
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsoxo View Post
That's absolutely a great point. I don't think the product could ever be marketed by itself or ever replaced by a really good trainer. However, it could truly supplement the experience of a good trainer and really enforce what you're learning.

Update! Just had a marketing workshop today where we presented what survey results we had. Out of 110 surveys, only about 25 were in our target market of adults ages 25-44. Only 12 females took the survey. =[

The results yielded the highest purchase intent at a given price of $90 or less. I admit this is rather surprising. If I understand it correctly, a fairly quality glove is around $50-$90. I thought the included technology would surely put our product value above others (if it functions as promised).

I know that most of those in the thread have taken the survey, so is there a particular response anyone has for that?
I think that because we would have no prior experience with the glove and no way of knowing its worth, paying more than the average well-functioning glove would be an unnecessary risk for anyone but the most curious consumer.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2011, 02:43 AM   #35
Juxhin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 95

how many survey counts did u reach right now?
Juxhin is offline  Top
Old 11-10-2011, 05:15 PM   #36
lilsoxo

Hello again!

Is anyone interested in participating in one of our online focus groups? It would only take 30 minutes of your time to talk to my team about your boxing habits and thoughts about our product (whether or not you like it, how you would change it, etc).
Our WebEx session will be this Sunday Nov. 13th from 2-2:30pm EST. Please email me at [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] OR reply to the thread if you're interested.

We hope you'll join our discussion!

Quick update: we've run some numbers for our business plan (for the fictional product) and it's profitable!! This is very exciting.
lilsoxo is offline  Top
Old 11-10-2011, 09:56 PM   #37
SlickMick
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 396

I filled it up for ya. Good luck on your project.
SlickMick is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2011, 12:56 PM   #38
LongJab
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Survey taken.

If it was 16oz and the microcomputer was durable... I would pay $150.
LongJab is offline  Top
Old 11-11-2011, 01:30 PM   #39
Chex31
AttackingLikeASlickApache
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongJab View Post
Survey taken.

If it was 16oz and the microcomputer was durable... I would pay $150.
Chex31 is offline  Top
Old 11-12-2011, 11:25 AM   #40
lilsoxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juxhin View Post
how many survey counts did u reach right now?
Hi! We ended up getting 389 surveys, but not all of them were useable. It was more than sufficient. =]

Now the emphasis is getting the focus group done!
lilsoxo is offline  Top
Old 11-13-2011, 09:55 AM   #41
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Why hasnt someone come up with an Air filled Glove, is beyond me. Save a lot of injury through impact. ???
scrap is online now  Top
Old 11-29-2011, 01:35 PM   #42
lilsoxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrap View Post
Why hasnt someone come up with an Air filled Glove, is beyond me. Save a lot of injury through impact. ???
I *think* Title gloves came out with some sort of glove that uses air technology (patent pending?). However, if I had to hazard a guess, inflated gloves would be highly dangerous. Law of physics - when something is compressed and doesn't have anywhere to go, it will create pressure. Things under pressure like to release that tension by exploding/popping/etc. Within a boxing glove, there's the possibility of an air leak (leading to a useless deflated glove) or an explosive pop that would break the barrier between the boxer's hand and target. I'm just not sure I would trust that...

Attention East Side Boxing, my team and I have concluded our project. No more surveys or focus groups will be collected or conducted. We sincerely thank you for all your insight, questions, and discussion. It was a really good experience to design such a product and talk to would-be customers. Also, based on the financials we did, this isn't such a bad investment. I hope to see technology-integrated boxing (or MMA) gloves in the near future.
lilsoxo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing