Koman600 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2011, 04:15 PM   #2
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

vCash: 842
Default Re: how bad would JMM get beaten if he fought

He gets beaten badly. JMM can't really do anything to stop Duran fighting his fight. The same applies with JCC. IMO.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 11-13-2011, 04:17 PM   #3
McGrain
Diamond Dog
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Agree Addie, but do you not think Duran would have to take his licks here too? I think he wouldn't have it all his own way and he'd land a lot of very stiff combinations.
McGrain is offline  Top
Old 11-13-2011, 04:19 PM   #4
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

He might pull a Dejesus 1 out of 3, Chavez-JMM is a close call
PowerPuncher is offline  Top
Old 11-13-2011, 04:20 PM   #5
teeto
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: Team Ireland Manor, Easing Pabuiao into the life of managing the GOAT

Duran would be hit with sweet combinations pie in this fight,
teeto is offline  Top
Old 11-13-2011, 04:22 PM   #6
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGrain View Post
Agree Addie, but do you not think Duran would have to take his licks here too? I think he wouldn't have it all his own way and he'd land a lot of very stiff combinations.
I think that will be the case in virtually any fight JMM competes in. He's too good offensively not to get stuff done, but I think Duran's feinting and upperbody movement when closing the distance is going to befuddle JMM. He'll probably miss more in this fight than he ever has in his life. Duran can hurt JMM with his combinations whereas I don't think JMM can inflict much damage himself. It'd be fun whilst it lasted but only a matter of time, perhaps?
Addie is offline  Top
Old 11-13-2011, 04:27 PM   #7
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I think that will be the case in virtually any fight JMM competes in. He's too good offensively not to get stuff done, but I think Duran's feinting and upperbody movement when closing the distance is going to befuddle JMM. He'll probably miss more in this fight than he ever has in his life.

Duran can hurt JMM with his combinations whereas I don't think JMM can inflict much damage himself. It'd be fun whilst it lasted but only a matter of time, perhaps?
Casamayor was much more slippery and harder to hit, less coming back granted

Marquez hitting you in the face inflicts damage
Old 11-13-2011, 04:32 PM   #8
lora
Fighting Zapata
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Marquez would struggle to land too much flush.It would be like the Emiliano Villa fight only more savage as Marquez wasn't as sharp at this weight and doesn't have the defensive chops of the flat footed, cultured South American.

It's time the underestimating of Duran's freakish defensive angles gets put to bed.I've been steadily going through his lightweight fights recently and once he got his tools in order circa the Suzuki fight, he was rarely ever hit flush with anything meaningful.Sure he would be disdainful of non-big punchers and walk through some jabs\pushed punches etc but throw some quality leather his way and the man was as hard to hit with a right hand as any of the acknowledged defensive greats.

Only Dejesus smooth untelegraphed left-hook lead gave him occasional trouble, but he's from the Napoles school of punching, always sliding and opening up subtle angles with his feet then punching off the shift.
lora is offline  Top
Old 11-13-2011, 04:32 PM   #9
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

Quote:
Casamayor was much more slippery and harder to hit, less coming back granted
The Casamayor that Juan fought wasn't that elusive, PP. Besides, the very fact Duran would be mounting a much greater level of offense than Casa managed would also make it harder for JMM to get off. Duran wouldn't be lingering on the outside like Pacquiao, he'll be getting in close whilst using a jab, feints, and consistant upper-body movement. A far, far greater assignment.

Quote:
Marquez hitting you in the face inflicts damage
I don't think Duran would take too many of them square on though. When I watch his fights with Leonard and Palomino, I see a fighter who is exceptional at limiting the impact of punches even when they land.
Addie is offline  Top
Old 11-13-2011, 04:41 PM   #10
lora
Fighting Zapata
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Casa isn't remotely in Duran's class for anticipating and avoiding punches.I quite liked him when he was younger at 130, but he was on his last legs against Marquez.only a crafty contrarian would compare the two defensively.

This all being said, let Marquez have his moment and leave Duran out of it for ****s sake.
lora is offline  Top
Old 11-13-2011, 05:06 PM   #11
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
The Casamayor that Juan fought wasn't that elusive, PP. Besides, the very fact Duran would be mounting a much greater level of offense than Casa managed would also make it harder for JMM to get off. Duran wouldn't be lingering on the outside like Pacquiao, he'll be getting in close whilst using a jab, feints, and consistant upper-body movement. A far, far greater assignment.

I don't think Duran would take too many of them square on though. When I watch his fights with Leonard and Palomino, I see a fighter who is exceptional at limiting the impact of punches even when they land.
Well he made JMM miss more than I've ever seen him miss, Casa is crafty and negative crafty at that.

More offense = more countering opportunities, I'd take that as red

Duran is allot better than Pacman, tick, greater assignment, tick

Granted Duran would roll with some of them, but JMM's timing/speed is sensational for me
Old 11-13-2011, 05:11 PM   #12
PowerPuncher
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lora View Post
Casa isn't remotely in Duran's class for anticipating and avoiding punches.I quite liked him when he was younger at 130, but he was on his last legs against Marquez.only a crafty contrarian would compare the two defensively.

This all being said, let Marquez have his moment and leave Duran out of it for ****s sake.
Duran's better and a much stiffer challenge, but he isn't looking to box and more, continually switch up the angles while doing pirouettes. Best for best Duran obviously wins, agree with your last statement
Old 11-13-2011, 05:24 PM   #13
Boxed Ears
Mirage Athleticism
East Side VIP

vCash: 129

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPuncher View Post
Well he made JMM miss more than I've ever seen him miss, Casa is crafty and negative crafty at that.

More offense = more countering opportunities, I'd take that as red

Duran is allot better than Pacman, tick, greater assignment, tick

Granted Duran would roll with some of them, but JMM's timing/speed is sensational for me
I feel the Casa win is underrated for Marquez, on account of fighters getting to a waxing and waning point, sometimes, late in their careers where they don't just go all downhill, and stay there, but rather do a bit of up and down action before finally staying down, with their performances. Casa was in pretty fine fettle, that night. Still faded, of course, but the win should be treated as such. It was a good Casa. Not great, but not shot. I happen to like Bradley a lot and have been sticking up for him, recently, but I wouldn't, for instance, say the same about the version he fought, even if I'd like to, and was hoping to.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum