Old 11-14-2011, 10:16 AM   #16
sunnn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 101
Default Re: Is Manny being written off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOW7 View Post
It's pretty much clear as day the smoke and mirrors malfunctioned this last Saturday and alot of people feel Manny is a farce media creation . Everyone who believed Manny has improved now have their foot in their mouth.

It's easy to see Manny can only look good against punching bags who stand in one spot and trade with him. But my point is if Floyd and Manny fight now and Floyd beats him, it's a sure fire bet that he doesn't get much credit now. You agree or disagree ? Or do you simply have another opinion .

Me personaly I feel Manny has taken away luster from the Floyd fight. But anyways for sure Manny is no boogeyman anymore .
like bob arum always say, the boxers have an obligation to entertain. at the highest level, boxing becomes a business first and sports second.

pac will not look good against counter punchers, at ww right now, he will almost always win.

arums wants pac to look spectacular, inorder to maintain his boxoffice appeal among the masses.

marquez also had the opportunity to "look" good, infront of "millions", he had pac on the deffensive few times, he never went for it, never threw caution to the wind.

his performance was easily described as ANTICLIMACTIC. when he had pac on trenches, he always let pac off the hook. when the crowd started to ancticipate a firefight, toe-to-toe battle, he was almost always the firts one to move away, disengaged.... it was frustrating to watch.
sunnn is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2011, 10:16 AM   #17
Thomas!!

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOW7 View Post
It's pretty much clear as day the smoke and mirrors malfunctioned this last Saturday and alot of people feel Manny is a farce media creation . Everyone who believed Manny has improved now have their foot in their mouth.

It's easy to see Manny can only look good against punching bags who stand in one spot and trade with him. But my point is if Floyd and Manny fight now and Floyd beats him, it's a sure fire bet that he doesn't get much credit now. You agree or disagree ? Or do you simply have another opinion .

Me personaly I feel Manny has taken away luster from the Floyd fight. But anyways for sure Manny is no boogeyman anymore .
Way to take credit away from Marquez for a great performance asshole
Old 11-14-2011, 10:28 AM   #18
PBA
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 387

People think Floyd will be more attracted to a Pacquiao fight after Saturday. It's more the opposite..his performance does nothing to show he'd struggle with Floyd, it just confirmed it to some on-the-fence people. But Floyd knew before and after what the task at hand was.

But the fact is even if Pac looked more susceptible on Saturday...the luster and hype deflated for the Mayweather fight and there's less incentive for Mayweather to fight him given that Pac will be coming off a loss in many people's eyes.

With Floyd and Manny avoiding each other for so long there was always going to be that ONE fight too far that would ruin the dream fight. If this wasn't it then it's gonna arrive soon.

I think they both need to go out and dominate a respectable opponent apiece (e.g. Pac TKO Marquez/Bradley or FMJ TKO Berto/Ortiz (again)) now to gain some hype for the "Big One", with a view to late 2012 for the fight. Because even massive followers and supporters of both have lost their appetite for the fight somewhat, not just casual fans.
PBA is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum