Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2011, 08:17 AM   #16
davebenoit
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,809
vCash: 500
Default Re: One of the reasons marquez gets robbed is he always leave rounds open up for deba

There is no robbery. It was a close fight. Marquez should have pushed himself harder in the later rounds when the fight still hung in the balance. True, by pushing himself he would have exposed himself to more risk even to a possible knockout, but that is always the way of it when one is the challenger attempting to take the belt away from the champion.
davebenoit is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2011, 08:20 AM   #17
Don't Sleep
Personal Trainer
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 1,346
vCash: 1000
Default Re: One of the reasons marquez gets robbed is he always leave rounds open up for deba

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioBrothers View Post
I just came up with these conclusion about their 3 fights, the rounds he won he always let pacquiao have his moments.

I was looking at all the scorecards posted here, there were disparities in scoring and I'm talking about those who have marquez as the winner including myself. I have round 10 for pac for example, another poster have round 10 for marquez but he have round 9 for pac and I had that round for marquez.

Marquez won his fights against pac but the way he won he always leave rounds that are there for the debate by letting pac have his moments. Not that he does that intentionally but thats how their style matches up with each other.

An example of total domination is something like this were you can't even have one round that you have to put an asterisk on because you think marquez did the better job and would be grasping for straws to say otherwise

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

note: I have marquez winning 7-5 or 8-4, I am just pointing out one of the possible factors he gets screwed. We had 3 pac-jmm fights already and all of them ends up the same way. The result leaves a bad taste for boxing fans, but its fights like these that makes us love boxing. Epic trilogies, put these in there with gatti-ward, mab-morales.

Never mind the result, I had it 2-0-1 for marquez in my book. I'm just saying this because I keep seeing some posters saying they are done with boxing because of this, black eye etc. they forget the positive side of things that this trilogy would be a big part of boxing history, good for boxing despite the result and would be discuss for future generations
Yeha I see your point. I had Marquez winning by 2/3 rds when I watched it live. I recorded it and watched again yesterday and it was more of a draw to me. Marquez landed the more powerful shots but wasn't aggressve enough in the last 2 or so rds to convince the judges. Ether way I don't think it was a robbery w/ exception of the 116-112 score one of the judges gave to Pac.
Don't Sleep is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:41 AM   #18
bahobilat
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 369
vCash: 500
Default Re: One of the reasons marquez gets robbed is he always leave rounds open up for deba

throughout this 12 round fight, i can count in my 10 fingers the time that jmm brought the fight to pac.

that is why most judges, scored the first 4 rounds in favor of pac.
bahobilat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:44 AM   #19
peakbay
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: not sure
Posts: 510
vCash: 720
Default Re: One of the reasons marquez gets robbed is he always leave rounds open up for deba

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioBrothers View Post
which round was that?
boxing in general, 30 seconds of work doesnt win a round unless its a BIG 30 seconds in most cases it never is.
manny would miss with his flurrys and get counted but as soon as 1 or 2 get through its a big deal even when jmm caught him on the way out.
peakbay is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:52 AM   #20
sunnn
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,619
vCash: 101
Default Re: One of the reasons marquez gets robbed is he always leave rounds open up for deba

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioBrothers View Post
I just came up with these conclusion about their 3 fights, the rounds he won he always let pacquiao have his moments.

I was looking at all the scorecards posted here, there were disparities in scoring and I'm talking about those who have marquez as the winner including myself. I have round 10 for pac for example, another poster have round 10 for marquez but he have round 9 for pac and I had that round for marquez.

Marquez won his fights against pac but the way he won he always leave rounds that are there for the debate by letting pac have his moments. Not that he does that intentionally but thats how their style matches up with each other.

An example of total domination is something like this were you can't even have one round that you have to put an asterisk on because you think marquez did the better job and would be grasping for straws to say otherwise

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

note: I have marquez winning 7-5 or 8-4, I am just pointing out one of the possible factors he gets screwed. We had 3 pac-jmm fights already and all of them ends up the same way. The result leaves a bad taste for boxing fans, but its fights like these that makes us love boxing. Epic trilogies, put these in there with gatti-ward, mab-morales.

Never mind the result, I had it 2-0-1 for marquez in my book. I'm just saying this because I keep seeing some posters saying they are done with boxing because of this, black eye etc. they forget the positive side of things that this trilogy would be a big part of boxing history, good for boxing despite the result and would be discuss for future generations
floyd cheated marquez not dehydrating 2 more pounds.

floyd is faster, has superb defense against orthodox and has 5 reach adv.

marquez was forced to initiate the offense (not his forte), because floyd will potshot him from the outside if he did not.

against pac,

he did his usual defensive style, and added stepping on the foot as his new defensive techinique.

pac has to constantly(majority) go after marquez, if not, it would be a boring fight and because pac has the obligation to entertain the crowd.
sunnn is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:03 AM   #21
bahobilat
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 369
vCash: 500
Default Re: One of the reasons marquez gets robbed is he always leave rounds open up for deba

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnn View Post
floyd cheated marquez not dehydrating 2 more pounds.

floyd is faster, has superb defense against orthodox and has 5 reach adv.

marquez was forced to initiate the offense (not his forte), because floyd will potshot him from the outside if he did not.

against pac,

he did his usual defensive style, and added stepping on the foot as his new defensive techinique.

pac has to constantly(majority) go after marquez, if not, it would be a boring fight and because pac has the obligation to entertain the crowd.
bahobilat is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:33 AM   #22
Don't Sleep
Personal Trainer
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 1,346
vCash: 1000
Default Re: One of the reasons marquez gets robbed is he always leave rounds open up for deba

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnn View Post
floyd cheated marquez not dehydrating 2 more pounds.

floyd is faster, has superb defense against orthodox and has 5 reach adv.

marquez was forced to initiate the offense (not his forte), because floyd will potshot him from the outside if he did not.

against pac,

he did his usual defensive style, and added stepping on the foot as his new defensive techinique.

pac has to constantly(majority) go after marquez, if not, it would be a boring fight and because pac has the obligation to entertain the crowd.
Pac has issues with opponents who have and/or show lateral movement (Marquez, Morales, Cotto & Shane at times).

There is no need to make excuses for his performance. He is a good/great fighter but average boxer.
Don't Sleep is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013