Old 11-14-2011, 10:36 AM   #16
Uncle Roger
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1877
Default Re: Let's not forget Floyd cheated against JMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by globenerd View Post
He came in overweight at the official weigh in, then refused completely to weigh in at all on the day of the fight. He was probably above the middleweight limit when he stepped into the ring to fight a guy that struggled to get above 140.
Let me go further and say that he came in well over the Heavyweight limit.

I know. Crazy. Why? Because it doesn't exist.

How could have Floyd done it then? I say magic. I know from an insider source that Roger Mayweather is actually a evil shaman/warlock who uses his evil powers to make Floyd win.

Spooky shit.
Uncle Roger is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2011, 10:42 AM   #17
globenerd
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 484

I said he came in as a middleweight. I mistyped when i said over middleweight limit, i should've written "at" middleweight limit.
There is no questino, he came in over 154, which would've made him a middleweight. The size difference was obvious.
Whether he was 157 or 160, because he probably was, we just don't know because he refused to weigh in, his actions were unethical in that fight.

If you trust Floyd was at the proper weight, then use the same logic you do for Manny taking test. Tell Floyd to just step on the scale and prove it.
But no, you make excuses.
globenerd is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2011, 10:46 AM   #18
irishny
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
I said he came in as a middleweight. I mistyped when i said over middleweight limit, i should've written "at" middleweight limit.
There is no questino, he came in over 154, which would've made him a middleweight. The size difference was obvious.
Whether he was 157 or 160, because he probably was, we just don't know because he refused to weigh in, his actions were unethical in that fight.

If you trust Floyd was at the proper weight, then use the same logic you do for Manny taking test. Tell Floyd to just step on the scale and prove it.
But no, you make excuses.
So he weighed 154-157 against Marquez.
Yet against a bigger stronger opponent like Ortiz,he weighs 150?

RIIIIIIGGGGHHHHTTTTT!
irishny is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2011, 10:47 AM   #19
sdsfinest22
Pound 4 Pound
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Those 2 lbs accounted for almost 0 in the ring....also-he didnt cheat...he abided by the state athletic commission rules...he did not make the contracted weight however.
sdsfinest22 is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2011, 10:50 AM   #20
globenerd
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 484

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsfinest22 View Post
Those 2 lbs accounted for almost 0 in the ring....also-he didnt cheat...he abided by the state athletic commission rules...he did not make the contracted weight however.
And then refused the longstanding custom of weighing in again the day of the fight.

Forget what he did against anyone else. Hold Floyd to teh same standards you hold Pac too. Just step on the scale.
globenerd is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2011, 10:52 AM   #21
Toontoon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 117

Quote:
And then refused the longstanding custom of weighing in again the day of the fight.

Forget what he did against anyone else. Hold Floyd to teh same standards you hold Pac too. Just step on the scale.
According to ring magazine he weighed in at 152lb before the fight.
Toontoon is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2011, 10:55 AM   #22
Assa
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Fo
Assa is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2011, 10:56 AM   #23
Rico Spadafora
Best Chin On ESB
East Side VIP

vCash: 1158

Quote:
He came in overweight at the official weigh in, then refused completely to weigh in at all on the day of the fight. He was probably above the middleweight limit when he stepped into the ring to fight a guy that struggled to get above 140.
When the deal was done to fight Mayweather, he had about two months to get ready to fight two weight classes above anything he'd ever fought at before. And he'd only fought at 135 twice. Then he ended fighting a guy that came in as a middleweight.

The two fights aren't comparable. Against Pac, he had 5 months to train and was already in shape because of his preparation for Ramos.

Rico Spadafora is offline  Top
Old 11-14-2011, 11:01 AM   #24
irishny
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
When the deal was done to fight Mayweather, he had about two months to get ready to fight two weight classes above anything he'd ever fought at before. And he'd only fought at 135 twice. Then he ended fighting a guy that came in as a middleweight.

The two fights aren't comparable. Against Pac, he had 5 months to train and was already in shape because of his preparation for Ramos.
2 months? You have no recollection of the build up do you?

He had all the regular build up plus the fact that the fight was delayed due to Mayweathers rib injury. He had loads of time.

He chose to use that time without a proper strength trainer and drinking piss. Hardly Floyds Fault.

And according to The Ring magazine,there was a grand total of 4 lbs difference on fight night
irishny is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum