Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 11-15-2011, 01:02 PM   #1
Joe_MacKenzie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 325
Default Mateusz Masternak

The talented young cruiserweight Mateusz Masternak has signed with Sauerland Events.

This will be mutually beneficial. Sauerland, who have a lucrative TV contract with ARD, are able to give their boxers better opportunities than other European promoters like Universum. And Masternak is a technically skilled, exciting fighter and a potential champion who will put on some quality performances for Sauerland and the ARD TV audience.

Last edited by Joe_MacKenzie; 03-05-2012 at 05:35 PM.
Joe_MacKenzie is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2011, 01:16 PM   #2
Zmora
Sława!!!
ESB Full Member

vCash: 3457
Default Re: Mateusz Masternak has signed with Sauerland

That's a great news. Masternak is definitely a material for a champ. Like his style very much. Being promoted by Sauerland is probably the best thing for him right know. Especially if Huck finally decides to move up to HW then they would need new number one cruiser and Master is probably the best choice out there.

Interesting fact: his trainer, Andrzej Gmitruk, used to train Tomasz Adamek back in LHW, CW and in HW for first 2 fights. You can see some similarities in their style although I think Masternak is less of a puncher Adamek was in LHW. Has more fluid movement, better deffense.
I'm very excitied to see how his career will develop form now on
Zmora is offline  Top
Old 11-15-2011, 05:19 PM   #3
Honor
Bóg i Ojczyzna
ESB Full Member

vCash: 642

Masternak, imo is the best Polish CW atm. I know Wlodarczyk is the champ but he just doesn't have killer instinct like Masternak does, or Kolodziej does, or hell.... even Lukasz Janik...

Officially, my rankings are:

Diablo
Master
Kolodziej
Janik

Unofficially, my rankings are:

Master
Diablo /Kolodziej tie
Janik

I know Masternak is hungry for gold, and I hope he plays his cards right. He can beat Huck given the right training and tactics. Even Lebedev...But Denis will be much harder. Huck is there for the picking, but Denis is much more physically and mentally stronger and he will not back down and he has the power to knock anyone out and the chin to stand toe to toe with anybody. But I have belief in Gmitruk, he is the best Polish trainer out there today. Gmitruk > Lapin, Skrzecz

Izu Ugonoh has the superb potential too. Never thought I'd see the day to see a black representing Poland with pride and passion as he does. He speaks perfect Polish and I've even seen him singing the national anthem.
Honor is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2011, 03:09 AM   #4
lzolnier
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honor View Post
Masternak, imo is the best Polish CW atm. I know Wlodarczyk is the champ but he just doesn't have killer instinct like Masternak does, or Kolodziej does, or hell.... even Lukasz Janik...

Diablo
Master
Kolodziej
Janik

Master
Diablo /Kolodziej tie
Janik

I know Masternak is hungry for gold, and I hope he plays his cards right. He can beat Huck given the right training and tactics. Even Lebedev...But Denis will be much harder. Huck is there for the picking, but Denis is much more physically and mentally stronger and he will not back down and he has the power to knock anyone out and the chin to stand toe to toe with anybody. But I have belief in Gmitruk, he is the best Polish trainer out there today. Gmitruk > Lapin, Skrzecz

Izu Ugonoh has the superb potential too. Never thought I'd see the day to see a black representing Poland with pride and passion as he does. He speaks perfect Polish and I've even seen him singing the national anthem.

Izu has spent his entire life in Poland, so that should not come as a surprise. He is a great early prospect. Reminds me a lot of Cunningham, style and physique wise and he's probably stronger than USS. He's a multitalented guy (did kickboxing, actor in a few movies, teaches kids ESL) so much so that I feel all these interests are pulling him away from boxing, which is unfortunate. He has already had a year lay off due to some financial disagreements with his promoter. Wasting any time is criminal for a guy with his potential. I hope he can get a steady number of fights now and develop, perhaps as a fellow future competitor of Masternak.
lzolnier is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2011, 02:16 PM   #5
Zmora
Sława!!!
ESB Full Member

Masternak is set to fight Michael Simms on 3rd December!!
Nice test for him which he will probably pass with an early stoppage;P
Zmora is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2011, 02:30 PM   #6
Joe_MacKenzie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 325

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmora View Post
Masternak is set to fight Michael Simms on 3rd December!!
Nice test for him which he will probably pass with an early stoppage;P
Simms will provide a good test for Mateusz - he's only ever been stopped once, by Chakhkiev in his last fight.

I think Masternak and Chakhkiev are the two best up-and-comers in the cruiserweight division.
Joe_MacKenzie is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2011, 04:07 PM   #7
Zmora
Sława!!!
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_MacKenzie View Post
I think Masternak and Chakhkiev are the two best up-and-comers in the cruiserweight division.
Definitely yes and that is why I wouldn't like them to fight each other right now. Let them first build some legacy, gain belts and then make big unification bout. Something that we haven't seen in CW for years now.

If both are undefeated until this fight then it could drive some more attention towards this division. And this has potential to be a great fight sportwise
Zmora is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2011, 07:16 PM   #8
turbina
Polska Siła
ESB Addict

vCash: 465

I like Masternak but for some reason am not sold on him yet. I have never actually seen him tested yet. I feel all his opponents are there for the taking for him. He needs to step it up. I want to see how he deals with adversity.
turbina is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2011, 12:01 PM   #9
Honor
Bóg i Ojczyzna
ESB Full Member

vCash: 642

Quote:
Originally Posted by lzolnier View Post
Izu has spent his entire life in Poland, so that should not come as a surprise. He is a great early prospect. Reminds me a lot of Cunningham, style and physique wise and he's probably stronger than USS. He's a multitalented guy (did kickboxing, actor in a few movies, teaches kids ESL) so much so that I feel all these interests are pulling him away from boxing, which is unfortunate. He has already had a year lay off due to some financial disagreements with his promoter. Wasting any time is criminal for a guy with his potential. I hope he can get a steady number of fights now and develop, perhaps as a fellow future competitor of Masternak.
He has the speed and most defiantly more power than USS....Izu just needs to adapt more of a boxing style tho. When I see him fight, he still kinda boxes like a kickboxer...He needs to use his jab and distance more. I think he needs a better trainer also, Lapin trains way to many Polish fighters, on the last Wojak card he was practically in the ring all the time. He was in the corner for Izu, Wawrzyk, Kolodziej, and Jackiewicz. Thats way to much for for a trainer to handle, especially all in one night. Wojak needs to do something and fund some extra good Polish/foreign trainers...

BTW Kolodziej had a nice clean cut TKO win...
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGaD9nrvPO4[/ame]
Honor is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2011, 10:47 PM   #10
VanillaKilla
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honor View Post

Diablo
Master
Kolodziej
Janik

Master
Diablo /Kolodziej tie
Janik

IMO the anthem is about something that foreigners would never understand or feel .... Also, he will never be a Polak

seems like a nice guy and good fighter tho
VanillaKilla is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2011, 02:54 AM   #11
lzolnier
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaKilla View Post
IMO the anthem is about something that foreigners would never understand or feel .... Also, he will never be a Polak

seems like a nice guy and good fighter tho

Izu was born in Poland and has spent his entire lifetime there, no doubt absorbing its people, history, and culture. He is Polish through and through, with a little twist (that being his Nigerian ancestry). Sure its unusual for Poles to think of someone non white as Polish, after almost two centuries of strife, forced upon isolation and the self induced xenophobia that came as a result, but let's not forget that Poland was the most multi ethnic and multi religous kingdom in all of Europe (at the height of its influence I might add) and this included a sizable black muslim population in the tatry mountains. So I would argue that what is "naturally" considered Polish for the last little while (i.e., a white slavic-catholic dude) is superficial and inconsistent with most of Polish history and therefore its roots. This definition is gradually reverting back to what it used to be (to the anger of some), with guys like Izu and his fellow Nigerian born John Godson, the first black lawmaker in Rzeczpospolita.

Last edited by lzolnier; 11-21-2011 at 03:09 AM.
lzolnier is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2011, 09:20 AM   #12
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Izu was born in Poland and has spent his entire lifetime there, no doubt absorbing its people, history, and culture. He is Polish through and through, with a little twist (that being his Nigerian ancestry). Sure its unusual for Poles to think of someone non white as Polish, after almost two centuries of strife, forced upon isolation and the self induced xenophobia that came as a result, but let's not forget that Poland was the most multi ethnic and multi religous kingdom in all of Europe (at the height of its influence I might add) and this included a sizable black muslim population in the tatry mountains. So I would argue that what is "naturally" considered Polish for the last little while (i.e., a white slavic-catholic dude) is superficial and inconsistent with most of Polish history and therefore its roots. This definition is gradually reverting back to what it used to be (to the anger of some), with guys like Izu and his fellow Nigerian born John Godson, the first black lawmaker in Rzeczpospolita.
Hilarious how you base your whole opinion on this deluded revisionist notion of Poland's historical legacy of being a multi ethnic utopia. Try asking Lithuanians, Ukrainians, or Belarusians how they enjoyed your land stealing self-fashioned aristocracy, serfdom, and constant attempts to destroy their culture, identity, and people.

Remember that souless african **** Simon Mol who infected 40-100 Polish women with HIV on purpose. He would tell them that they were racist if they wanted to use a condom and these dumb neo-liberal chorni loving whores would **** him without one. He was a anti-fascist and anti-racist activist & got an award for his work brainwashing stupid ****s like you. Can't say i feel sympathy for any of the infected women, only the unsuspecting Polish men they undoubtedly infected after they had aquired it.

Let's just hope that the ideological disease you suffer from doesn't infect more Poles who will help contribute to the destruction of Poland like has happened in a great deal of other European nations that are turning into third world shitholes.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2011, 09:32 AM   #13
VanillaKilla
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Being Nigerian is not a "little twist". For a country that almost 97% ethnically Polish, its a big twist. Majority of people in Poland are racist, I have a hard time believing that Izu is accepted by most as being Polish. Look at the way gypsies are treated and they have been in Poland for centuries. Do you believe majority thinks that Gypsies are Polish?

I also have a hard time believing that this sizable black muslim population was integrated or accepted into Polish society as Jews were murdered and needed special protection from the King. Do you believe that majority thinks Jews are Polish?

You speak of Poland and its Golden Age.... At this time, Nationality did not exist. Nationalism came to rise in the 19th century. You can not compare a pre nationalistic society to a post nationalistic one. In those past times, you related to the town you were from, not with you're nation

Poland will never be like western countries, who are filled with shame and guilt for enslaving many people and are too afraid to say anything negative about foreigners.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:44 AM   #14
VanillaKilla
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysotsky View Post
Hilarious how you base your whole opinion on this deluded revisionist notion of Poland's historical legacy of being a multi ethnic utopia. Try asking Lithuanians, Ukrainians, or Belarusians how they enjoyed your land stealing self-fashioned aristocracy, serfdom, and constant attempts to destroy their culture, identity, and people.

Remember that souless african **** Simon Mol who infected 40-100 Polish women with HIV on purpose. He would tell them that they were racist if they wanted to use a condom and these dumb neo-liberal chorni loving whores would **** him without one. He was a anti-fascist and anti-racist activist & got an award for his work brainwashing stupid ****s like you. Can't say i feel sympathy for any of the infected women, only the unsuspecting Polish men they undoubtedly infected after they had aquired it.

Let's just hope that the ideological disease you suffer from doesn't infect more Poles who will help contribute to the destruction of Poland like has happened in a great deal of other European nations that are turning into third world shitholes.
1. I completely agree with this point. The colonization of Ukrainian and Belarus only benefited a rich few. Majority of Polish population were serfs tied to land, and never actually interacted with these people. Many Poles these days pretend that the mass murder and oppression did not exist... Invading and Colonizing another country does not make one "multi ethnic"

2. The question I would like to ask is, What the **** was he doing in the country in the first place

3. Take a look at Warsaw. They have gay pride parades for ****s sake. These liberal twats will do anything to suck on their German masters ****.
Old 11-21-2011, 01:38 PM   #15
Zmora
Sława!!!
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaKilla View Post
[color="Red"]
3. Take a look at Warsaw. They have gay pride parades for ****s sake. These liberal twats will do anything to suck on their German masters ****.
That's sad...I'm afraid Poland is slowly losing its ethnicity, culture just like the rest of Europe. Many people think it's a good thing if every country, nation is the same, but I believe the heritage is a very important thing. SOmething that not only shouldn't be forgotten but also needs to be treated as the greatest treasure.
It's bad that so many Poles consider patriots and nationalists as skinheads or nazis:/ they act as if honoring your country was something bad. This all led to the fact liberals are on their way to destroy Poland's identity and no one even tries to stop them.
Right...the try but all those Polish nationalist organizations aren't well organized and have no clue on how to do what they are supposed to do

btw...IZU ROCKS!!! great fighter and I'm a big fan of him!
Zmora is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum