Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 11-16-2011, 04:46 PM   #31
Heavy Handed
I keep planets in orbit
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Who will be Cain's next opponent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty lll View Post
Overeem if he beats Brock.
If Overeem beats Brock, he's getting the shot at the title.
Heavy Handed is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2011, 05:05 PM   #32
Matty lll
Sweet Scientist
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Handed View Post
If Overeem beats Brock, he's getting the shot at the title.
I don't know.. Maybe but I think they might make him go through Cain first.
Matty lll is offline  Top
Old 11-16-2011, 05:13 PM   #33
Heavy Handed
I keep planets in orbit
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
I don't know.. Maybe but I think they might make him go through Cain first.
Dana initially wanted him to go into the title fight immediately, but he wanted a December fight due to his scheduling. So Dana put Overeem in with Brock with the intention that if he wins, he fights the winner of JDS/Cain. I think this info came out in early October.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:21 PM   #34
Matty lll
Sweet Scientist
ESB Addict

Quote:
Dana initially wanted him to go into the title fight immediately, but he wanted a December fight due to his scheduling. So Dana put Overeem in with Brock with the intention that if he wins, he fights the winner of JDS/Cain. I think this info came out in early October.
My mistake then. Dont follow MMA as much these days
Old 11-16-2011, 05:26 PM   #35
Heavy Handed
I keep planets in orbit
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
My mistake then. Dont follow MMA as much these days
No worries man! I wasn't tryin to be a jackass like most here in ESB. Just passing on some info.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:27 PM   #36
Ai-edy2007
STOCKTON 209 MOTHER****ER
ESB Addict

Quote:
What makes you say he'd do any better this time?
because he wont bum rush cain with a flurry of inaccurate strikes and get ktfo out.
Ai-edy2007 is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2011, 01:17 PM   #37
Matty lll
Sweet Scientist
ESB Addict

Quote:
No worries man! I wasn't tryin to be a jackass like most here in ESB. Just passing on some info.
I didn't think you were

Don't worry about, I come off as a jackass all the time even though I try not to be
Old 11-17-2011, 04:47 PM   #38
Wilhelm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryESB View Post
Kongo called him out Cain said he would take that fight. But I guess it is all up to Dana.

Shane Carwin is a better wrestler than Cain, and I think he is a bigger puncher. Cain is one slow moving mother ****er if have ever seen one.

Carwin could keep the fight standing use his superior punching power and granite chin to KO Cain. Carwin has one hell of a chin to take massive bombs, everthing Dos Santos could dish out for 3 rounds, were as Cain is laid the **** out in less than one minute and then brutally pummeled into submission in 1 minute and 4 seconds.
Carwin was a DII champion, CV was a DI all-american, so based purely on credentials I think CV comes out on top. I don't know of too many DII champs that go on to compete with DI guys for things like the olympics and such. Also, look at their mma fights and see who has used their grappling more effectively. Hint: it's not Cain Velasquez.

Also, Velasqez moves really well for a heavyweight. This was true before the fight and is true now. ****ing idiots want to pile on now because he lost, but he's just as well rounded and athletic as they said before the fight. He's just not as good on the feet as he needs to be to beat JDS there. Stop being such a ****ing follower.
Wilhelm is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2011, 04:57 PM   #39
Wilhelm
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMandible View Post
I supported the guy because I thought he would wrestle. It isn't like the Kongo fight didn't completely highlight the fact that he has no Chin or that I blathered on about him being an iron-chinned Mexican warrior because it was obvious that he wasn't.

I thought this match-up was going to be great if Cain tried to force a high-paced wrestling match and punch on the ground and in the clinch and, while we have no clue what would have happened with that given the fact that he stood at range and potshotted for sixty seconds, it would have had to have been better than that. But yes, he has a Glass Jaw and it's as obvious as the sun coming up tomorrow morning. Every time he's been hit flush he fell down. That isn't the sign of equilibrium problems or any of that other shit, it's the sign of a guy that can't take a ****ing punch. The last two guys that Dos Santos beat up survived to the bell. Even Glass Jawed old man Cro Cop managed to survive until the third and he didn't even get sparked out, he quit. Dos Santos can crack but Cain is the only guy that he's flattened like that aside from Werdum and Werdum is no iron-chinned warrior either.

Secondly, explain how Chuck Liddell doesn't belong when he spent an entire career blocking punches with his face and only got flattened when he was an old man. You can't and never have been able to do that so, in essence, shut the **** up or provide a better Top 10 Chins list.
Stop pretending that you give a shit and/or know anything about MMA. You just want to flame and talk shit about people who are much more athletic and tough than you. News flash: If you can't predict who has a glass jaw and how a fight will end BEFORE it happens then you DON'T KNOW WHAT THE **** YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT. So Cain Velasquez has a glass jaw now? How is it that he fought nine fights against professional fighters and didn't get knocked out every time? So he'll get knocked out by every pro fighter he fights from now on then? Shut the **** up.
Wilhelm is offline  Top
Old 11-17-2011, 05:07 PM   #40
Flash Jab
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 100

I don't even think Cain can't handle himself against JDS on the feet, I just think it was a bad time for the fight and he got caught, pure and simple. Pretty sad the shit Cain's getting now, but I can't say I'm really a fan anyway.
Flash Jab is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum