Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-19-2011, 09:51 PM   #1
hofbrau
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Why do Mayweathers' hate or trash Pacquiao?

How would you like if someone made a big statement about you with absolutely no shred of evidence? Face it, Floyd hated Oscar because he was popular and he was not. Then when he had the world for his own, he retired to duck the top welters. Then along came Manny who quickly gained popularity without any gimmick. He did it the old fashioned way, hard work and guts. So Floyd hated him too and started a smear campaign. It was so obvious that he even used racism. When that did not work he appealed to Americans to support him because Manny was a foreigner who took money back home.

I have never seen another fighter get so paranoid about another to fabricate garbage. It is not about a test. It is either fear, hatred or to duck Manny. I think it is all three but go ahead, take your pick.
hofbrau is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2011, 10:00 PM   #2
Bravado
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Default Re: Why do Mayweathers' hate or trash Pacquiao?

Manny does have a gimmick. Fighting boxers who clearly have some sort of huge disadvantage. Floyd didn't start a smear campaign. I never understood how you can be an athlete and not expect to get some sort of hate? People talk about everyone from LeBron, Ovetchkin, Bonds, Manning to Beckham but Manny and his fans act as if he cant be scrutinized in any way

Fact is you cant say a test is a measure to duck, when Manny could have said i agree to take the test.
Bravado is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2011, 10:02 PM   #3
Reko
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Great read.I'm actually sick of Mayweather sr. and roger mayweather's constant "He on that shit"claims.Mayweather doesn't have the balls to fight pacauio.The reason why that fight hasn't happened is the same reason he never fought cotto or margarito.He doesn't have the guts.

"Why didn't you fight cotto,floyd"? "He's promoted by bob arum,who used to promote me and is mad at me"

"Why didn't you fight paul willams,floyd?" "He doesn't have a fanbase".

"Why didn't you fight Antonio Magarito?" "I got offered 12 million to fight baldomir"

"Why didn't you fight Manny Pacquio?" "He's on steroids"

**** OUTTA HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reko is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2011, 10:14 PM   #4
papadoc28
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hofbrau View Post
How would you like if someone made a big statement about you with absolutely no shred of evidence? Face it, Floyd hated Oscar because he was popular and he was not. Then when he had the world for his own, he retired to duck the top welters. Then along came Manny who quickly gained popularity without any gimmick. He did it the old fashioned way, hard work and guts. So Floyd hated him too and started a smear campaign. It was so obvious that he even used racism. When that did not work he appealed to Americans to support him because Manny was a foreigner who took money back home.

I have never seen another fighter get so paranoid about another to fabricate garbage. It is not about a test. It is either fear, hatred or to duck Manny. I think it is all three but go ahead, take your pick.
I can understand where you're coming from. But in all honesty, no one was giving the Mayweather's PED rants any kind of attention. It was Manny and his team's many excuses and conflicting statements that had a lot of people start questioning them. I said from the beginning that relying on the courts to make the accusations go away is a waste of time. 3 years later and it's still a topic for discussion.

The racist rant was pure ignorance and its sad to see someone like Floyd who is obviously smart enough to know better. Oh well, he said he was sorry, at least.

Fear - I can't believe a man who has fought professionally 42 times and has had over a hundred amateur fights and sparring sessions is also of a sudden scared to fight. Scared to lose the "0". That, I believe.

Hatred - I'm sure he hates that people/media actually think Pac is better than him to rank him #1 in the P4P. But I don't believe he actually hates Manny(though a lawsuit can drive anyone to hatred). Now, security guards, I definitely believe he hates.

Duck - Well, Floyd wants to fight May 5th, but someone else is hesitant. To be continued.
papadoc28 is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2011, 10:30 PM   #5
papadoc28
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reko View Post
"Why didn't you fight cotto,floyd"? "He's promoted by bob arum,who used to promote me and is mad at me"
Actually he called out Cotto, but they said no because he was to green. When Cotto was ready he never once called out Floyd and Bob never once tried to contact Floyd's people to set up a fight. True story.

"Why didn't you fight paul willams,floyd?" "He doesn't have a fanbase".
Another true story. Is it right? No. But that's why you keep winning because eventually people will take more notice and start demanding the fight. That's boxing.

"Why didn't you fight Antonio Magarito?" "I got offered 12 million to fight baldomir"
False. He got 8 million and got a chance to fight for the lineal WW championship. Not a boxer on the planet who wouldn't have taken that opportunity regardless of who the opponent was. Real talk.

"Why didn't you fight Manny Pacquio?" "He's on steroids"
Last I heard Team Pac is reluctant to even discuss a fight with Floyd. Do you keep up with current events?
Honest questions need honest answers.
Old 11-19-2011, 10:36 PM   #6
lefhooker
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

cause he fake cheating fraud,listen to your father bob
lefhooker is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2011, 10:47 PM   #7
brando
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Just because a Crackhead dad accuses a person of something does not mean people should follow his beliefs. Thats why many people hate the Mayweather's. They are trash and people follow them which is very sad. Pac never insulted the Mayweather's.
brando is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2011, 11:05 PM   #8
SugarRay
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravado View Post
Fact is you cant say a test is a measure to duck, when Manny could have said i agree to take the test.
If it's above and beyond what is required then it is. Why put additional obstacles to the fight?
SugarRay is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2011, 11:10 PM   #9
papadoc28
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarRay View Post
If it's above and beyond what is required then it is. Why put additional obstacles to the fight?
Why ask for catchweights? Isn't that an obstacle?

Last edited by papadoc28; 11-19-2011 at 11:24 PM.
Old 11-19-2011, 11:20 PM   #10
LastQuark
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Pac is beating the ones Floyd does not want to fight so he must be into something.

Mayweather's throw stones and Pac throws back bread like saying "I pray for Floyd...". It pissed the Meayweather's even more.
LastQuark is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2011, 11:39 PM   #11
make_the_weight
Belt holder
ESB Addict

He jealous, simple as, jealous of how successful manny became and the threat manny became to floyd's legacy (not jealous in terms of wealth), manny is/became the most obvious and legitimate competitor to mayweather than anyone in recent history. Floyd kept asking for tests and manny fought others.

At the end of the day they all either adulterers, crackheads, etc etc so both guys can f*** off until they sign to fight
make_the_weight is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2011, 11:42 PM   #12
sunnn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 101

pac stole his "thunder". and he second guessed himself beating pac. so he opted to beat him in the media.
sunnn is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2011, 11:48 PM   #13
Signature 8
ATG
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnn View Post
pac stole his "thunder". and he second guessed himself beating pac. so he opted to beat him in the media.
I agree that pac stole his thunder but I dont think Floyd has any doubt in his mind that he would beat Pac in a fight. He knows boxing from a boxing stand point it's really difficult for pac to defeat Floyd. He does have what every fighter has though a punchers chance.
Signature 8 is offline  Top
Old 11-19-2011, 11:56 PM   #14
sunnn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravado View Post
Manny does have a gimmick. Fighting boxers who clearly have some sort of huge disadvantage. Floyd didn't start a smear campaign. I never understood how you can be an athlete and not expect to get some sort of hate? People talk about everyone from LeBron, Ovetchkin, Bonds, Manning to Beckham but Manny and his fans act as if he cant be scrutinized in any way

its not pac, its arum inhouse fights. werent people accused pac of being a puppet?

anyway, floyd can easily expose that "gimmick" by beating up pac, instead he hide from his take the test shit.

he could have waited 24hrs to fight either pac or hatton. hatton wins he fight him in u.k. pac wins he exposes this one dimensional asian midget fighting bums and takes back his crown. so why signed a fight on the eve of pac-hatton fight?

how dumb**** he looked now that a small mexican, the same mexican he cheated, had taken pac to the brink of defeat without osdt.

sr "its not the same stuff in his body in this fight".

you expected to get hated by the fans of the athlete esp those pac beat. thats given. but not directly from the athletes themselves.

if they did, its more about trashtalk and mindgames and not in accusatory manner.

floyd slandered pac, attempted to tarnish pac's image, tried to diminish pac's accomplishment by accusing pac of using ped's.
sunnn is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum