Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 11-20-2011, 07:05 AM   #1
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Who deserves the next shot at Jones more: Hendo or Rashad?

I say that despite all the bullshit that has gone on between Jones and Evans, it is Henderson who deserves it more and Henderson who would provide a more interesting fight and a better test.

3 of Hendo's last 4 fights have been excellent wins: Babalu (KO), Fedor Emelianenko (KO) and most of all, a brilliant win over top-ranked Shogun Rua (pts). (I rate Babalu much higher than I rate Feijao)

Rashad's last 3 have been a boring points win over a rusty, borderline shot Rampage, a boring points win over borderline top 10 fighter Thiago Silva, and a TKO win over borderline shot non-top 10 ranked late replacement Tito Ortiz.

Jones/Machida winner vs Henderson next please Dana. Let Rashad rematch Rampage or some shit, he's missed his chance and just talking a lot doesn't make you a number 1 contender.
Popkins is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2011, 07:12 AM   #2
Ubersteve
The Main Event Mafia
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 888
Default Re: Who deserves the next shot at Jones more: Hendo or Rashad?

Hendos stamina would be his undoing against Bones I think, I would be interested in seeing what happens if he cracks Jones on the jaw though.

I think Hendo has his sights set on rematching Silva though.
Ubersteve is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2011, 07:15 AM   #3
Flash Jab
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 100

Hendo, but I sort of want Rashad to get it so he gets KO'd and ****s off for a bit. He's a cancer in the LHW division.
Flash Jab is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2011, 07:53 AM   #4
Primate
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popkins View Post
I say that despite all the bullshit that has gone on between Jones and Evans, it is Henderson who deserves it more and Henderson who would provide a more interesting fight and a better test.

3 of Hendo's last 4 fights have been excellent wins: Babalu (KO), Fedor Emelianenko (KO) and most of all, a brilliant win over top-ranked Shogun Rua (pts). (I rate Babalu much higher than I rate Feijao)

Rashad's last 3 have been a boring points win over a rusty, borderline shot Rampage, a boring points win over borderline top 10 fighter Thiago Silva, and a TKO win over borderline shot non-top 10 ranked late replacement Tito Ortiz.

Jones/Machida winner vs Henderson next please Dana. Let Rashad rematch Rampage or some shit, he's missed his chance and just talking a lot doesn't make you a number 1 contender.
I agree with this almost in its entirety. Hendo has 3 wins this year alone, 2 of which were absolutely amazing and cemented his place as an all time great of the sport. He is supremely dangerous and has a highlight reel that makes him marketable as a legitimate threat to the seemingly untouchable Jones.

Rashad on the other hand hasn't fought anyone in over 18 months who wasn't named Tito Ortiz, and before that hadn't finished anyone since Forrest in 2008.

Hendo should get the shot, Rashad can take out someone else in the top 10 (re-match with Rampage, title elminator with Phil Davis)
Primate is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2011, 08:30 AM   #5
PivotPunch
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Rashad is one of my favorite fighters and it would be great if he was the man to beat Bones but after this fight Hendo deserves the title shot
PivotPunch is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2011, 09:54 AM   #6
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primate View Post
I agree with this almost in its entirety. Hendo has 3 wins this year alone, 2 of which were absolutely amazing and cemented his place as an all time great of the sport. He is supremely dangerous and has a highlight reel that makes him marketable as a legitimate threat to the seemingly untouchable Jones.

Rashad on the other hand hasn't fought anyone in over 18 months who wasn't named Tito Ortiz, and before that hadn't finished anyone since Forrest in 2008.

Hendo should get the shot, Rashad can take out someone else in the top 10 (re-match with Rampage, title elminator with Phil Davis)
Agree with every word
Popkins is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2011, 09:55 AM   #7
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Jab View Post
Hendo, but I sort of want Rashad to get it so he gets KO'd and ****s off for a bit. He's a cancer in the LHW division.
Agree with this too.
Popkins is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2011, 11:24 AM   #8
Totomabs
Sauna Belt Holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popkins View Post

better yet, let rashad face shogun and let's see how good he really is..
Totomabs is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2011, 11:26 AM   #9
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Hendo clearly deserves it more but I hope Rashad gets it because I want to see his Fragile Glass Mandible exploded into shards.
MetalMandible is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2011, 12:23 PM   #10
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totomabs View Post
better yet, let rashad face shogun and let's see how good he really is..
Shogun would ****ing bury Rashad. I'd love to see it. Suga Rashad's feeble punch resistance would be horribly, horribly exposed by a true beast like Rua.
Popkins is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2011, 12:34 PM   #11
jimmie
Champion
East Side Guru

Id say Hendo deserves it more but give it to Rashad. I dont like how Dana promises title shots to guys then goes back on it use Carlos Condit as an example. Rashad was the #1 contender after defeating Rampage and that was a year and half ago, hes beat Ortiz since then give the guy the shot that hes been promised for along time. Hendo needs to sit back and rest after this fight anyway that was a war and you could see how dehydrated Hendo looked after the fight, it really took its toll.
jimmie is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2011, 12:52 PM   #12
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 847

If they could someone make the timing work out, I would like to see Hendo/Rashad for a title shot. Then we can have Rampage/Shogun in Japan if Shogun is able to fight then.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2011, 12:55 PM   #13
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 117

I would like Hendo to fight Rashad
greathamza is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2011, 01:24 PM   #14
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmie View Post
Id say Hendo deserves it more but give it to Rashad. I dont like how Dana promises title shots to guys then goes back on it use Carlos Condit as an example. Rashad was the #1 contender after defeating Rampage and that was a year and half ago, hes beat Ortiz since then give the guy the shot that hes been promised for along time. Hendo needs to sit back and rest after this fight anyway that was a war and you could see how dehydrated Hendo looked after the fight, it really took its toll.
Yeah, so why does being the number 1 contender 18 months ago mean you stay as the number 1 contender forevermore?

Rashad was awarded number 1 contender status by Dana, even though it's doubtful he ever deserved it for two dull and largely underwhelming decision wins over Thiago Silva (never a top 5 fighter) and a rusty-as-hell toothless version of Rampage.

Being number 1 contender is not the same as being champion, it's not the same at all. A champion keeps his title unless he loses it in the Octagon, but "number 1 contender" is not a title, it's a position awarded to whoever is in the best position at the time a decision is made. Rashad was (debatably) in the best position 18 months ago, but he isn't now. Simple as that. Hendo has superseded him, so Hendo should be the number 1 contender, not Rashad. That's how contendership works. Rashad missed his chance(s) and now should have to get back in line until he earns it again - by doing what he hasn't done since he lost his title - convincingly and impressively defeating a top 5 fighter in his division!

Completely different situation to Carlos Condit.
Popkins is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2011, 01:25 PM   #15
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by greathamza View Post
I would like Hendo to fight Rashad
If that happens: Poor Rashad. Stanky-legged oblivion beckons..
Popkins is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum