Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-19-2011, 10:43 PM   #1
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000
Default The funny thing about Cotto/Margarito

So many people dismiss this fight but the funny this is, are people who think it's an easy fight for both fighters. I've read a lot of people say "Boring fight. Cotto will easily beat Margarito, he's done" and "Margarito will beat Cotto up again. I would rather see ____". It's interesting that so many people have completely different opinions on the bout.

I think this fight has crept up on a lot of people though. It should be a terrific fight and I genuinely can't pick a winner.
Jack is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2011, 10:46 PM   #2
purephase
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: The funny thing about Cotto/Margarito

Maybe I've been reading different comments, but I think it's precisely the opposite. I've seen numerous people guaranteeing a war and a fight that will blow away the last 3 PPV main events, yet I think there's an excellent chance that this looks like Vazquez-Marquez IV.
purephase is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2011, 12:05 AM   #3
fatcity
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2453

It will be night to remember-cannot wait!
fatcity is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2011, 07:27 AM   #4
Jetmax
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 335

I think with many the difference comes from whether they believe Margo used illegal wraps or not.
Jetmax is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2011, 07:29 AM   #5
AnthonyW
ESB Official Gif Poster
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 920

The closer it gets, the more I think Cotto is going to put on a great performance. He will take shots, he always does...but I think he will be more determined than ever to slow down the sloth that is Margarito, and last the 12 rounds.
AnthonyW is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2011, 07:31 AM   #6
Post Box
I'm back too, bitches
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Cotto is going to obliterate Margaritos eye. We all know Tony isn't going down without a fight though
Post Box is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2011, 07:32 AM   #7
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyW View Post
The closer it gets, the more I think Cotto is going to put on a great performance. He will take shots, he always does...but I think he will be more determined than ever to slow down the sloth that is Margarito, and last the 12 rounds.
Im a Cotto fan, but i get the opposite feeling, Marg seems to cool relaxed in the face off and 24/7. His training camp is pretty chilled as well.

Whereas Cotto to me, looked scared in the face off and his 24/7 was quite emotional.

Marg has a clear mental/stylistic advantage....but who knows, he may even come in overconfident and Cotto could put on a boxing masterclass (which is what he was doing during the first half of the first fight)
Azzer85 is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2011, 07:35 AM   #8
AnthonyW
ESB Official Gif Poster
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzer85 View Post
Im a Cotto fan, but i get the opposite feeling, Marg seems to cool relaxed in the face off and 24/7. His training camp is pretty chilled as well.

Whereas Cotto to me, looked scared in the face off and his 24/7 was quite emotional.

Marg has a clear mental/stylistic advantage....but who knows, he may even come in overconfident and Cotto could put on a boxing masterclass (which is what he was doing during the first half of the first fight)
Cotto is bringing a lot of emotion in to this bout, but it also looks like he wants to hurt Margarito...it looks like he truly believes Margarito cheated against him.

I will be rooting 100% for Cotto in this bout. I really don't want to see him take another beating. Cotto needs to clinch.
AnthonyW is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2011, 07:38 AM   #9
One Bomb
mantis style
ESB Jr Member

Could go either way. There are so many variables to consider in this fight.

Margarito's eye, the punishment he took against Cotto, Mosley and Pac, the damage to his right eye. Has Cotto declined a little? Does Margarito have the mental edge over him? Etc, etc...

Genuine 50-50 affair, I can't wait.
One Bomb is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2011, 07:38 AM   #10
Azzer85
ATG
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyW View Post
Cotto is bringing a lot of emotion in to this bout, but it also looks like he wants to hurt Margarito...it looks like he truly believes Margarito cheated against him.

I will be rooting 100% for Cotto in this bout. I really don't want to see him take another beating. Cotto needs to clinch.
I just hope he uses those emotions in the right way and puts on a good performance. Against Marg 1 and Pac, he seemed a little too overconfident for me.

I hope he alters his gameplan as well.

He would have won the first fight if he had clinched and hugged for the second half (when he was tired)
Azzer85 is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2011, 07:41 AM   #11
AnthonyW
ESB Official Gif Poster
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzer85 View Post
I just hope he uses those emotions in the right way and puts on a good performance. Against Marg 1 and Pac, he seemed a little too overconfident for me.

I hope he alters his gameplan as well.

He would have won the first fight if he had clinched and hugged for the second half (when he was tired)
I hope to see a gameplan based around offering a lot of movement for the full 12 rounds, this is key against Marg...he can't be getting trapped against the ropes. I also want to see him either put his hands up whilst under fire, or clinch to catch a breather.

2-3 shots, move.
2-3 shots, move.
Offering second phases also.

Conserving as much energy as possible.

Cotto looks to have entered in to training camp in really good shape, so fingers crossed.
AnthonyW is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum