Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2011, 06:17 AM   #16
timmyjames
PTurd curb stomper
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 6,409
vCash: 3111
Default Re: Say Hendo Finds a Way to Defeat Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ai-edy2007 View Post
hendooooooo all the way to the finish. Just watch hendo break jone's chin.
i'm not sure hendo can reach his chin
timmyjames is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2011, 10:22 AM   #17
afterglow
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 692
vCash: 500
Default Re: Say Hendo Finds a Way to Defeat Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primate View Post
I'd love to see Hendo land the worlds biggest right hand (think Bisping) flush on Jones' jaw, only to have Jones laugh it off.
Nobody this side of Shane Carwin would laugh off the shot he landed on Bisping.

It was a perfect bomb that is suppose to put you out on contact.
afterglow is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:32 AM   #18
EL BULLY
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,362
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Say Hendo Finds a Way to Defeat Bones

I thougt Hendo might have been the only guy to truly test Bones at LHW. After a fight liek that at 41 I cannot see it now. That must have taken shitloads out of him.
EL BULLY is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:34 AM   #19
EL BULLY
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,362
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Say Hendo Finds a Way to Defeat Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by afterglow View Post
Nobody this side of Shane Carwin would laugh off the shot he landed on Bisping.

It was a perfect bomb that is suppose to put you out on contact.
No human could laugh off a shot like that. Thing is if they fought 100 times Hendo would never land it. I cannot recall Bones ever getting hit, can you? He is a super-freak.
EL BULLY is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:36 AM   #20
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: GA
Posts: 3,631
vCash: 500
Default Re: Say Hendo Finds a Way to Defeat Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL BULLY View Post
No human could laugh off a shot like that. Thing is if they fought 100 times Hendo would never land it. I cannot recall Bones ever getting hit, can you? He is a super-freak.
Shogun took that very same punch multiple times last night and while it wasn't "laughed off", he stayed in the realm of consciousness and was never out of the fight. That, my friends, is an Iron-Chinned Warrior. Bisping is a Glass Jawed Disgrace.
MetalMandible is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:50 AM   #21
EL BULLY
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,362
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Say Hendo Finds a Way to Defeat Bones

[quote=MetalMandible;11310957]Shogun took that very same punch multiple times last night and while it wasn't "laughed off", he stayed in the realm of consciousness and was never out of the fight. That, my friends, is an Iron-Chinned Warrior. Bisping is a Glass Jawed Disgrace.[/quot
You are a complete twat. Now **** off.
EL BULLY is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:06 AM   #22
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: GA
Posts: 3,631
vCash: 500
Default Re: Say Hendo Finds a Way to Defeat Bones

You're an idiot if you disagree with anything above. Shogun has a cast iron Jaw. Bisping gets hurt by everything that he's hit with and the same punch that flattened him landed on Shogun multiple times with far less effect. All Chins are not created equally and Bisping's is a disgrace to MMA.
MetalMandible is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:28 AM   #23
EL BULLY
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,362
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Say Hendo Finds a Way to Defeat Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMandible View Post
You're an idiot if you disagree with anything above. Shogun has a cast iron Jaw. Bisping gets hurt by everything that he's hit with and the same punch that flattened him landed on Shogun multiple times with far less effect. All Chins are not created equally and Bisping's is a disgrace to MMA.
You are the Alan Hansen of combat sports. Rua quit against Jones, he tapped from strikes. So is he a glass jawed heartless bum or a super human iron chinned warrior? he is neither. All fights/match ups/strikes are different. You over simplify everything and are a complete spazoid.
EL BULLY is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:49 AM   #24
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: GA
Posts: 3,631
vCash: 500
Default Re: Say Hendo Finds a Way to Defeat Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL BULLY View Post
You are the Alan Hansen of combat sports. Rua quit against Jones, he tapped from strikes. So is he a glass jawed heartless bum or a super human iron chinned warrior? he is neither. All fights/match ups/strikes are different. You over simplify everything and are a complete spazoid.
He showed terrific Mandibular Fortitude against Jones, as well, and you'll never see me say anything different. The guy apparently can't be put out by strikes to the head and the only reason Jones stopped him was because he went to the body, something Hendo neglected when he had him hurt and up against the cage standing stationary with a high guard. Had Hendo stopped bombing that granite block with uppercuts and hooks and thrown to the liver, I believe he could have ended it.

Shogun IS a superhuman Iron-chinned Warrior. He's taken brutal bombs in multiple fights without ever being stopped proper by shots to the head. Bisping, on the other hand, went out from the very same punch that flattened Shogun in the third and he's hurt every time a punch grazes that Fragile Glass Mandible, clearly a discrepancy in Mandibular Fortitude. Glass Jaws exist, as do Iron Chins, and last night proved it. You're ignoring the obvious if you choose to continue pursuing this errant train of thought.
MetalMandible is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 11:57 AM   #25
EL BULLY
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,362
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Say Hendo Finds a Way to Defeat Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMandible View Post
He showed terrific Mandibular Fortitude against Jones, as well, and you'll never see me say anything different. The guy apparently can't be put out by strikes to the head and the only reason Jones stopped him was because he went to the body, something Hendo neglected when he had him hurt and up against the cage standing stationary with a high guard. Had Hendo stopped bombing that granite block with uppercuts and hooks and thrown to the liver, I believe he could have ended it.

Shogun IS a superhuman Iron-chinned Warrior. He's taken brutal bombs in multiple fights without ever being stopped proper by shots to the head. Bisping, on the other hand, went out from the very same punch that flattened Shogun in the third and he's hurt every time a punch grazes that Fragile Glass Mandible, clearly a discrepancy in Mandibular Fortitude. Glass Jaws exist, as do Iron Chins, and last night proved it. You're ignoring the obvious if you choose to continue pursuing this errant train of thought.
Jones didn't stop him, he quit. He tapped from strikes. He gave up, he waved the white flag, he said 'No Mas' He refused to go out on his shield and took the cowards way out. He's a no good heartless bum and has no place in the octagon. He is a disgrace and for you to say otherwise is ridicullous.

For the record I don't belive any of the above to be true but do you see how easy it is to be a complete cunt? We could all do it but you're the only one that choses to. Now, again, **** off.
EL BULLY is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:00 PM   #26
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: GA
Posts: 3,631
vCash: 500
Default Re: Say Hendo Finds a Way to Defeat Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL BULLY View Post
Jones didn't stop him, he quit. He tapped from strikes. He gave up, he waved the white flag, he said 'No Mas' He refused to go out on his shield and took the cowards way out. He's a no good heartless bum and has no place in the octagon. He is a disgrace and for you to say otherwise is ridicullous.

For the record I don't belive any of the above to be true but do you see how easy it is to be a complete cunt? We could all do it but you're the only one that choses to. Now, again, **** off.
And I've been a complete cunt how? By stating that Shogun CAN take a punch and that Bisping can't? Glass Jaws exist and loads of fighters have them. Me pointing out subpar punch resistance is no worse a critique than saying a guy has no handspeed or poor defense. It just offends fanboys and/or Glass Jawed posters who want to believe that it couldn't possibly have been a physical flaw that lead them or their favorite fighter to hitting queer street more times than George Michael at a gay parade.
MetalMandible is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:08 PM   #27
EL BULLY
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,362
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Say Hendo Finds a Way to Defeat Bones

I'm not defending anyone. Where have I done that? You over simplify every fight in which a fighter gets stopped by Ko as the loser having a glass jaw. If every fighter that gets KO's has a glass jaw then no fighter has KO power or any decent stikes. Take a guy like Bisping, I don't like him anymore than you do, but he's only lost 1 fight by KO to a guy that has Ko'd Fedor (who has never been KO'd by anyone else) So what the **** are you saying? It makes no sense. Go back to the boxing forum and troll that shit. MMA is not all about protecting the '0' like boxing and we don't think a loss means the end of a fighters reputation. So troll somewhere else you ****ing freak.
EL BULLY is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:14 PM   #28
maximumsg
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 745
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Say Hendo Finds a Way to Defeat Bones

shogun is durable as hell he took a 3 round beating and made fight close the last two rounds. dan definately punched himself out in the 3rd but he took the abuse better than fedor and bisbing did.
maximumsg is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:15 PM   #29
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: GA
Posts: 3,631
vCash: 500
Default Re: Say Hendo Finds a Way to Defeat Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL BULLY View Post
I'm not defending anyone. Where have I done that? You over simplify every fight in which a fighter gets stopped by Ko as the loser having a glass jaw. If every fighter that gets KO's has a glass jaw then no fighter has KO power or any decent stikes. Take a guy like Bisping, I don't like him anymore than you do, but he's only lost 1 fight by KO to a guy that has Ko'd Fedor (who has never been KO'd by anyone else) So what the **** are you saying? It makes no sense. Go back to the boxing forum and troll that shit. MMA is not all about protecting the '0' like boxing and we don't think a loss means the end of a fighters reputation. So troll somewhere else you ****ing freak.
I do not accuse every fighter that gets KOed of having a Glass Jaw and you obviously can't ****ing read if you think that's the case. Bisping doesn't have a Glass Jaw solely based on what Hendo did to him, it's obvious that he has a Glass Jaw because he's hurt every ****ing time he eats a right hand. Dropped by Kang, dropped by Akiyama, dropped by Wanderlei, hurt by Hamill multiple times. He has no Chin. None.

Scott Smith has been KOed plenty of times and while I think his Chin might have finally cracked, I've never accused him of being Glass Jawed because the shots that finished him were brutal and he took plenty before being starched. Chris Leben got blasted out by Anderson in a matter of seconds but it was from a brutal barrage delivered by an ATG puncher, therefore not a Glass Jaw. If I call Glass Jaw it's because the guy is getting buzzed by shots that shouldn't have that serious of an effect or he's being blasted out every ****ing fight.

And you using Fedor as an example of an Iron Chin is ludicrous, as well, because we only saw him hit cleanly twice in his prime, once by Fujita and once by Mirko. I don't think he was a Glass Jawed Fraud but he never proved epic punch resistance on the level of the fighters in my Top 10 Chins list.
MetalMandible is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:20 PM   #30
Popkins
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 13,401
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Say Hendo Finds a Way to Defeat Bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMandible View Post
I do not accuse every fighter that gets KOed of having a Glass Jaw and you obviously can't ****ing read if you think that's the case. Bisping doesn't have a Glass Jaw solely based on what Hendo did to him, it's obvious that he has a Glass Jaw because he's hurt every ****ing time he eats a right hand. Dropped by Kang, dropped by Akiyama, dropped by Wanderlei, hurt by Hamill multiple times. He has no Chin. None.

Scott Smith has been KOed plenty of times and while I think his Chin might have finally cracked, I've never accused him of being Glass Jawed because the shots that finished him were brutal and he took plenty before being starched. Chris Leben got blasted out by Anderson in a matter of seconds but it was from a brutal barrage delivered by an ATG puncher, therefore not a Glass Jaw. If I call Glass Jaw it's because the guy is getting buzzed by shots that shouldn't have that serious of an effect or he's being blasted out every ****ing fight.

And you using Fedor as an example of an Iron Chin is ludicrous, as well, because we only saw him hit cleanly twice in his prime, once by Fujita and once by Mirko. I don't think he was a Glass Jawed Fraud but he never proved epic punch resistance on the level of the fighters in my Top 10 Chins list.
Like Chuck Liddell
Popkins is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013