Boxing News 24 Forum
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 08-24-2011, 12:41 PM   #211
Rudyard
**** How You Feel!! HOE!
East Side VIP

vCash: 160
Default Re: If Andre Ward stays disciplined with his jab, he should beat Kessler easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by christo View Post
I've never seen a white guy with hair like that. OK sorry mr afro-american.
WArd is a lite skinned afroeuropean american. He'll still get stopped tommorrow night.
you mad!?!?!
Rudyard is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2011, 12:44 PM   #212
Rudyard
**** How You Feel!! HOE!
East Side VIP

Default Re: If Andre Ward stays disciplined with his jab, he should beat Kessler easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laudrup View Post
This thread is fun.

Ward does not have the jab to trouble Kessler. Calzaghe's jab was effective because he, first of all, changed tactics from round 5 and because he is so good with his feet and he feints very, very good.

Please do not forget that if it wasnt for Calzaghes freaky chin, he would likely have been TKO'ed in round four.

Calzaghe and Ward are not to be compared.

Kessler is a freak.

China Hand Joe. Very good to have you back. Enjoyed our discussions before JC-MK.
Rudyard is offline  Top
Old 08-24-2011, 12:45 PM   #213
Rudyard
**** How You Feel!! HOE!
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stovepipe View Post
well I can understand why you put that big if in your post to cover yourself in the event Ward loses. However we can't give you any credit if Ward wins either because your post is tentative and makes no true stand. I dropped a grand on Kessler to win 500 because I have the courage of my convictions. Reading the thread and other things you wrote about Froch being a C fighter and Kessler's resume being vastly inferior to Dawson and that bit about how if Kess got disturbed by Zag's allegedly soft jab he is in real trouble, as well as your decription of the events of Zag / Hopkins and your belittling of euros above 160 and thinking Ward and Kessler's resumes are very close, I don't think you are grounded in reality, but rather, rooting for Ward and working backwards from that, and trying to make the facts fit your choice, and with that kind of mentality, its best you stick to posting ambiguous predictions and not actually betting.

In short: Ethnically Uniformed Cheerleaders don't make good, impartial Boxing Analysts

And I say that knowing full well that Ward may win the fight, but it wouldn't be based upon misinterpreting so many things in recent boxing history.....and you haven't really picked him anyways.
How does it feel to have your money taken ****boy??
Rudyard is offline  Top
Old 08-24-2011, 12:48 PM   #214
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 41998

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
Come on Danny. You know boxing. An effective jab, to get somebody thinking, needs to serve as a deterrent. It needs to sting. It doesn't have to be like a swing of a 2x4, but it needs to earn respect to be effective. Kessler will most likely not respect Ward's jab.

The issue with Calzaghe that threw off Kessler's offense ("spoiled my boxing", as Kessler put it) was his awkward angles. Ward is slick but he's not a throw-the-textbook-out-the-window type. He puts his pants on one leg at a time like Kessler and learned from the same textbook. He's just fast. That's his only significant edge.

STFU noob!!!!!

Actually, nah. This is nowhere near as bad as my expectation upon seeing thread's title and the "you had posts in here" icon. Given what a Kessler nuthugger I am/was it seemed certain there would be some cringeworthy stuff to look back on.

Not so much. I was wrong, but it isn't like I asserted that Ward would get schooled or KTFO ot anything...just that if he did beat Kessler it would be very difficult (wrong) and that his jab likely wouldn't get much traction (wrong).
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Old 08-24-2011, 01:05 PM   #215
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Lol, great bump.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2011, 03:30 PM   #216
MichiganWarrior
Still Slick! Still Black!
East Side VIP

vCash: 571

tKessler was nearly blind when he fought Ward. He wasnt the same fighter when he fought Calzaghe.

A prime Kessler had the jab of Holmes and the right hand of Floyd Mayweather. His left hook would have KO'd a prime Spinks in one shot. He was crushing future hall of famers like Beyer, Mundine and Andrade with EASE!

SOG wouldnt stand a chance in a rematch with the VIking Warrior.
MichiganWarrior is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2011, 03:42 PM   #217
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWarrior View Post
tKessler was nearly blind when he fought Ward. He wasnt the same fighter when he fought Calzaghe.

A prime Kessler had the jab of Holmes and the right hand of Floyd Mayweather. His left hook would have KO'd a prime Spinks in one shot. He was crushing future hall of famers like Beyer, Mundine and Andrade with EASE!

SOG wouldnt stand a chance in a rematch with the VIking Warrior.
Is this necessary?

By now most have given Ward his due credit. Just about everyone has him #1 at the weight (except some Canadians...)

Kessler in his prime (which WAS pre-Calzaghe; 2007 was the tail end of it) was in fact a very potent h2h force and at the time one of the best p4p technicians in the sport behind Marquez, PBF and a handful of others.

Nobody is going around hyping up Kessler out of proportion these days; there's no call for smirking straw-man shit like this. Any version of him is probably always going to struggle with the mature S6-and-beyond version of Ward. That doesn't mean he wasn't very good back in the day (and still pretty good now, actually - despite having fallen off considerably).
Old 11-20-2011, 03:49 PM   #218
MichiganWarrior
East Side VIP

Quote:
Is this necessary?

By now most have given Ward his due credit. Just about everyone has him #1 at the weight (except some Canadians...)

Kessler in his prime (which WAS pre-Calzaghe; 2007 was the tail end of it) was in fact a very potent h2h force and at the time one of the best p4p technicians in the sport behind Marquez, PBF and a handful of others.

Nobody is going around hyping up Kessler out of proportion these days; there's no call for smirking straw-man shit like this. Any version of him is probably always going to struggle with the mature S6-and-beyond version of Ward. That doesn't mean he wasn't very good back in the day (and still pretty good now, actually - despite having fallen off considerably).
Getting dominated by a prospect certainly screams Marquez, Mayeather, Hopkins level of technical ability.
Old 11-20-2011, 03:57 PM   #219
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWarrior View Post
Getting dominated by a prospect certainly screams Marquez, Mayeather, Hopkins level of technical ability.
Prospect? Try contender at that point. Someone who's dominated every top 20 SMW put in front of him and is probably about to dominate (or at least clearly beat) the consensus #2 or 3 guy. Just a bad style for Kessler. Doesn't mean Kessler wasn't good. It's still Andre's best win by far, btw. I'm not sure why you're trying to drag your boy's best opponent to date through the mud. Not doing yourself any favors.

WTF do you want? What is the point of all this childish shit? When will you just be satisfied with people having long since proven wrong about Ward and having pretty much admitted across the board that he's the truth for a long ass minute, and just STFU already?
Old 11-20-2011, 04:04 PM   #220
Two Shakes
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

How many GENUINELY believed Ward would beat Kessler ?
I'd hazard a guess that at least half of those who picked Ward,did so because they disliked Kessler and/or his fans,and another percentage because he was American.
Two Shakes is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2011, 04:07 PM   #221
IntentionalButt
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Shakes View Post
How many GENUINELY believed Ward would beat Kessler ?
I'd hazard a guess that at least half of those who picked Ward,did so because they disliked Kessler and/or his fans,and another percentage because he was American.
Or they were from California, or are the types who always pick the black fighter or American fighter (or both).

I'd say >0.001% of genuinely objective boxing fans tipped Ward back at the start of the Super Six.

He surprised everybody.

We get it. He's good. Best SMW at the moment.

There's no need for MW to keep nitpicking MK.

(oh, and for the record - Ward would have at any point in time EMBARRASSED Michigan's real dog in this race: Dirrell . Even pre-S6.)
Old 11-20-2011, 04:16 PM   #222
Two Shakes
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Thought i'd put this back up.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Two Shakes is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2011, 04:31 PM   #223
slip&counter
Gimme some X's and O's
East Side VIP

Quote:
Is this necessary?

Way before the super six started. Many of us in the Brit forum not only picked Ward to beat Kessler, but to be in the final, IB.
slip&counter is offline  Top
Old 11-20-2011, 04:46 PM   #224
MichiganWarrior
East Side VIP

Quote:
Or they were from California, or are the types who always pick the black fighter or American fighter (or both).

I'd say >0.001% of genuinely objective boxing fans tipped Ward back at the start of the Super Six.

He surprised everybody.

We get it. He's good. Best SMW at the moment.

There's no need for MW to keep nitpicking MK.

(oh, and for the record - Ward would have at any point in time EMBARRASSED Michigan's real dog in this race: Dirrell . Even pre-S6.)
I picked Ward and Dirrell to be the top 2 fighters in the Super Six. I always considered Kessler a hype job with limited offensive ability and no head movement. I was proven right mostly.
Old 11-20-2011, 04:47 PM   #225
Rumsfeld
East Side VIP

vCash: 655

Quote:

Rumsfeld is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum