Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 11-21-2011, 02:20 PM   #16
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Anderson Silva Likely Sidelined Until Mid-2012

It's obvious that this is a ploy by Anderson and shitbag Soares to force Sonnen into taking another bout rather than sitting on the shelf, and I'd wager that they're hoping he's matched with Palhares.
MetalMandible is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2011, 04:48 PM   #17
rusty nails
Tszyu for PM!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

sonnen should rematch maia
rusty nails is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2011, 10:08 PM   #18
Vitor Belfort
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomeddisciple View Post
Sonnen should have a fight in the meantime.

White isn't a fan of ring rust and Sonnen has already dropped in interviews he wants to fight.

Give Sonnen Munoz and give Vitor Wanderligh II in Japan...

forgot about munoz. munoz-sonnen should be good.
Vitor Belfort is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2011, 10:56 PM   #19
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMandible View Post
It's obvious that this is a ploy by Anderson and shitbag Soares to force Sonnen into taking another bout rather than sitting on the shelf, and I'd wager that they're hoping he's matched with Palhares.
I do not believe they would rather face Palhares than Sonnen. In fact, I would think they'd find Palhares to be the scarier opponent.
rekcutnevets is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2011, 11:34 PM   #20
the beaver
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Sonnen needs to fight someone in the next couple of months, June 2012 is too far away especially someone in good health.

If you have a fit racehorse, don't leave him in the stable.
the beaver is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2011, 11:40 PM   #21
outtieDrake
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
that was my same expression
outtieDrake is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2011, 10:50 AM   #22
Will Munny
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I've lost many relatives to bursitis. Can only hope that this doesn't end Anderson's career. Historically speaking, if you look at fighters who suffered from this terrible affliction, they never fully recovered until two weeks later. Please say a prayer.
Will Munny is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2011, 02:03 PM   #23
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekcutnevets View Post
I do not believe they would rather face Palhares than Sonnen. In fact, I would think they'd find Palhares to be the scarier opponent.
Read it again, that wasn't the point at all. Silva's camp wants Sonnen to take another bout rather than sit on the sidelines waiting for Anderson's "injury" to heal and I imagine they'd love that match to be Palhares or Maia because he'll be tapped again and they won't have to worry about the cash cow getting pummelled for five rounds again.
Old 11-22-2011, 02:20 PM   #24
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMandible View Post
Read it again, that wasn't the point at all. Silva's camp wants Sonnen to take another bout rather than sit on the sidelines waiting for Anderson's "injury" to heal and I imagine they'd love that match to be Palhares or Maia because he'll be tapped again and they won't have to worry about the cash cow getting pummelled for five rounds again.
I got what you were saying. I'm saying that if Sonnen gets defeated, Silva will more than likely be facing the person that beats Sonnen. I don't think Silva would want to trade Sonnen for Palhares. Palhares just got 2nd place at Abu Dhabi this year, losing on points in the finals after heel hooking his way through 3 opponents.

I wouldn't say that Palhares has a better overall chance than Sonnen. Sonnen is the bigger threat to close the distance repeatedly, and continually take Silva down. However, if Palhares can close the distance and take Silva down, he may only need to do it once. Palhares has a far greater chance of finishing Silva on the mat than Sonnen.
rekcutnevets is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2011, 02:57 PM   #25
MetalMandible
Chinchecker
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekcutnevets View Post
I got what you were saying. I'm saying that if Sonnen gets defeated, Silva will more than likely be facing the person that beats Sonnen. I don't think Silva would want to trade Sonnen for Palhares. Palhares just got 2nd place at Abu Dhabi this year, losing on points in the finals after heel hooking his way through 3 opponents.

I wouldn't say that Palhares has a better overall chance than Sonnen. Sonnen is the bigger threat to close the distance repeatedly, and continually take Silva down. However, if Palhares can close the distance and take Silva down, he may only need to do it once. Palhares has a far greater chance of finishing Silva on the mat than Sonnen.
I can dig this, though I do stick by my own original statement. Given Palhares' rudimentary takedown game Silva realizes he can just do the same pitty pat dance-a-thon that he did with Maia and Leites and while there is a very significant danger that those birdlegs get snapped IF Palhares gets him down, it's a big if that he gets him down. There's no doubt that Sonnen will be able to do a lot of the things he did the first time around and Soares and company have got to be worried that maybe Sonnen has finally figured out how to not brainfart at the finish line.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum