Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 11-21-2011, 09:11 AM   #1
Juxhin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 95
Default Please read

Hey guys, most of you know me so i don't have to introduce myself.. I just wanted to ask you all a small favour, something you'll enjoy.

Well, i train very hard, im 15, and i have my last year of school. Keeping up with Boxing and school is EXTREMELY hard for me this year, most days i go to school at 6:30AM and arrive home 8:30PM.. recently i was sick and took 4 days off which put my motivation down by quite alot. Don't take me wrong Boxing is everything for me and i love it with all my heart but lately my motivation went down.

Im usually the one to give you guys the spark to get back to training but this time i ask you to give me one reason why you love Boxing, what makes you love Boxing, I don't want motivational videos cause ive seen enough of those but i want your opinion to remind me why BOXING IS THE BEST SPORT on this planet. Thanks to all
Juxhin is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2011, 10:25 AM   #2
Slacker
Big & Slow
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Please read

What I love and respect about boxing...

I think that it is the toughest sport out there. The time, dedication, work, punishment and sacrifice that go into just being average are so much more than say....football or baseball.

Boxing is something you ultimately do in the ring, alone. Your own courage, tenacity and heart are what get you through a round, whether its sparring or a world championship.

Boxing is an on giong self improvement project that you can't ever complete. No matter how hard you train, will you ever be too fast? Too strong? Have too much endurance? No. You won't.

Boxing isn't about competing with an opponent, its about competing with yourself.

Raising the bar of difficulty and then pushing yourself to rise to the occasion. Adapting and overcoming adversity that you intentionally put in your own path, just to test yourself.

The confidence you get from knowing your own limitations is the payoff. Feeling good, looking better, being healthier and knowing that you can protect yourself or others are just icing on the cake.

Now, get off the damn computer and get your ass to the gym. New challenges are waiting for you there.
Slacker is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2011, 10:36 AM   #3
Juxhin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
What I love and respect about boxing...

I think that it is the toughest sport out there. The time, dedication, work, punishment and sacrifice that go into just being average are so much more than say....football or baseball.

Boxing is something you ultimately do in the ring, alone. Your own courage, tenacity and heart are what get you through a round, whether its sparring or a world championship.

Boxing is an on giong self improvement project that you can't ever complete. No matter how hard you train, will you ever be too fast? Too strong? Have too much endurance? No. You won't.

Boxing isn't about competing with an opponent, its about competing with yourself.

Raising the bar of difficulty and then pushing yourself to rise to the occasion. Adapting and overcoming adversity that you intentionally put in your own path, just to test yourself.

The confidence you get from knowing your own limitations is the payoff. Feeling good, looking better, being healthier and knowing that you can protect yourself or others are just icing on the cake.

Now, get off the damn computer and get your ass to the gym. New challenges are waiting for you there.
****ING RIGHT. Just what i needed, thanks bro. Honestly couldn't have been written any better!
Juxhin is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2011, 10:55 AM   #4
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Keeping up with Boxing and school is EXTREMELY hard for me this year,
If it's between boxing and education, education always comes first. You may love boxing, but most likely it's not going to pay the bills, that's where your education comes in.

More on topic - you may lose motivation because you're overtraining slightly, getting lazy, have nutritional issues, illness etc etc. You need to work out whats wrong and fix the problem/s not try to go around it/them by asking others for help.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2011, 11:04 AM   #5
MURDR
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Stop being beta and get the **** back in the gym. I bet the next kid you fight is out there training right now getting better, and will be ready to kick your ass come fight time.
MURDR is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2011, 11:23 AM   #6
Johnboy2007
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1075

im gunna say the opposite to what people will think. it doesnt work for everyone but i think your probably someone that will work for

I have times where i used to loose motivation. And i would literally hate myself for it. Think i was weak and get even more down. It would take me ages to get back into training full on again.

And the secret i discovered is NOT to be to hard on myself. Look at it realistically. Iv been training for 4-5 years properly and if i feel shit for a few days and just do some half arsed stuff to keep me ticking over big deal! Im still fitter than most people and know how hard i train and work at it.

So i stop beating myself up about it , take it easy for a week or so and when im feeling it again ill go through a hard few weeks again!

Like virus said its over training, but sometimes i think its more than that. You can look at someones routine and think yeh thats sustainable however that person has school, full time job other commitments you get stressed something has to give.

Youve got the mentality , the heart to do this so in the grand plan of things dont worry so much. It will come back sooner than you think if you relax about it.

Best thing i ever did was start training smart and not until exhaustion mentally and physically!
Johnboy2007 is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2011, 01:11 PM   #7
freddieMaize
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MURDR View Post
Stop being beta and get the **** back in the gym. I bet the next kid you fight is out there training right now getting better, and will be ready to kick your ass come fight time.
This and exactly this is what always pops in my head when I miss a day of training.......
freddieMaize is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2011, 02:37 PM   #8
Juxhin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Aight boys, thanks for all the answers and honestly all it took me was the first guys last quote and i sparked back up just like nothing happened. I don't think i overtrain, actually i put training down cause of school. When i have holidays i go 8-10 times a week which i still feel comfortable with since i eat well and alot. Now i dropped to 4-6 which is alot but i need to study so yea. I sparked back up and like john said it was just a bad week which happens to all, this week were doing it light then next week back to the heavyshit. Once again thanks to all but also sorry to myself for actually thinking of missing training when Boxing is the thing i love most. Probably have a fight in January and i gotta get ready to smash some
Juxhin is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2011, 02:39 PM   #9
Juxhin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
If it's between boxing and education, education always comes first. You may love boxing, but most likely it's not going to pay the bills, that's where your education comes in.

More on topic - you may lose motivation because you're overtraining slightly, getting lazy, have nutritional issues, illness etc etc. You need to work out whats wrong and fix the problem/s not try to go around it/them by asking others for help.
Well this time i didn't really ask for help cause i knew it was pointless, what i was asking was YOUR opinion on Boxing just like the first guy posted which was perfect, im back on track, 110% Heart, Body & Mind
Juxhin is offline  Top
Old 11-21-2011, 05:50 PM   #10
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

I use to get like that, it got so Bad, I thought suicide. So I bought a Box of a 100 Aspirin , took the 1st 2 and felt okay again .
scrap is online now  Top
Old 11-22-2011, 07:25 AM   #11
thejokerswild
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Obviously you seem smart focused and interested. chill you will be back in training soon, everybody gets demotivated, if you can't get into the gym or run there are things you can do at home that won't hurt.

For motivation, go to a live boxing event. education is more important mate
thejokerswild is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2011, 09:21 AM   #12
Juxhin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejokerswild View Post
Obviously you seem smart focused and interested. chill you will be back in training soon, everybody gets demotivated, if you can't get into the gym or run there are things you can do at home that won't hurt.

For motivation, go to a live boxing event. education is more important mate
thanks and yea gonna go watch a nice fight night around here soon which will be beast, i always put education before Boxing but only cause im forced to cause honestly i really wish i could get a living out of Boxing, not to be rich. Being able to get food for the family and have some spare money on the side and its enough for me
Juxhin is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2011, 10:53 AM   #13
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 4000

Here is good motivation

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 11-22-2011, 02:35 PM   #14
Juxhin