Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 11-23-2011, 08:51 PM   #16
Leon
The Artful Dodger
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: What if nazim richardson had not caught margrito's illegal handwrapping..........

Shane Mosley whoops his AZZ either way.

steroids > plasters as seen in Mosley-margoe and emmanuel-margoe

margoe is too ringtarded to solve the mystery of the clinch that Shane presents
Leon is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-2011, 08:52 PM   #17
Whipdatass
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: What if nazim richardson had not caught margrito's illegal handwrapping..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
There is no way that fight would have gone the same way had Margarito been mentally clear. In all fighters, determination and focus is needed from the first to last bell, however, with fighters like Margarito who are going to have to walk through fire, they need it even more. Margarito had none that night and was a punching back.

A focused Margarito beats Mosley.
**** out of here. He got his ass kicked because he can't fight.
Whipdatass is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2011, 08:53 PM   #18
praetorianJJ
Conqueror of Worlds
ESB Addict

vCash: 647

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane View Post
Margarito has no head movement, no foot movement (his success in walking down his opponents normally comes from wearing them out when they want to stand and trade), no hip movement (he never tries to move to the side or to roll punches) he's the perfect example of a stationary target he makes Ricky Hatton look like Pernell Whitaker. His strongest assets are his chin (overall ability to take punishment) and his heart and in Mosley he countered someone with enough power to really hurt him and that was the end of it nothing to do with being mentally unprepared, no version of Margarito past or present beats Mosley.
Agree with everything but the KO. Tony looked strange as he was being punched to me. He seems like he is almost "smiling" when he goes down. Not at all like he looked when Pac was hurting him. I think he was definitely somewhere else.
praetorianJJ is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2011, 09:03 PM   #19
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane View Post
Can't agree with that, Mosley was more or less slipping and the Mayorga fight proved that but in Margarito he got the perfect fighter for his style someone who's looking to walk his opponent down and absorb punishment but Mosley is a fighter with tremendous power when he's given a chance to load up his shots and not even Marg's chin could withstand such a brutal onslaught, Mosley successfully neutralised Marg's power via his timed clinches and the rest is history.
The big difference in Margarito on that night and the one we've seen before and after, is that he was unwilling to walk through those punches and didn't apply the same sort of pressure he normally would. I suppose at this point, you could either say "it's because of Mosley's power" or "it's because of Margarito's mentality". Because of how good Margarito's chin always has been, I'm inclined to think it was because his mentality. I think there are a tiny number of fighters who could hurt prime Margarito enough to force him to slow down and Mosley isn't one of those.
Jack is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2011, 09:08 PM   #20
KO KIDD
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 835

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
There is no way that fight would have gone the same way had Margarito been mentally clear. In all fighters, determination and focus is needed from the first to last bell, however, with fighters like Margarito who are going to have to walk through fire, they need it even more. Margarito had none that night and was a punching back.

A focused Margarito beats Mosley.
I think your right that Margarito was unfocused watch the ring walk and his face and how he acts prior to bell 1

he is not even there mentally obviously all on his mind is the charges and the wrap scandal if i were him id have considered backing out of the fight

as far as it going differently you never know, i mean Mosley was a man on a mission that night they said he was distracted but he took the out of ring bull shit and channeled it like Buster Douglas
KO KIDD is offline  Top
Old 11-23-2011, 09:18 PM   #21
Peppermint
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Even if Margo did land his best shots, Shanes chin is iron so he would have taken them better than Cotto. he would have still stopped Tony
Peppermint is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum